Calendar Round Up 2010

Hello friends and happy Friday! Yay, it’s Friday, let’s all do the happy dance together, okay? So move a little to the left, a little to the right, pump your arms over your head and shout Yahoo!!! Yes,  now your entire office thinks you’re nuts but honey, they already knew you were a little “unique” so no worries. :) Okay so we’re done happy dancing, now it’s time to get down to some serious blogging and blog reading. You know, the stuff you do when you are supposed to be working. Today will be unique in that posts will only be about calendars. Yup. An entire day of calendars, but I’m sure you can handle it! :) It’s time for the annual decor8 calendar round up for 2010! I’m so excited to share some of my favorites with all of you… though I shouldn’t say some — there are so, so many!

Calendar Round Up!

I bought 4 calendars last year, one for the kitchen, another for the office, one for a friend and then another for my husband. This year, I’ve purchased 2 already for 2010 – one for my office and another for my wallet… but I’m thinking I’ll order a few more to give as gifts and also to display in my home, perhaps in my kitchen. What about you, how many do you usually buy and where do you hang them? Do you use the artwork from the calendars to as prints or cards after? I always recycle my calendars into either postcards or prints that I frame. It’s a great way to spruce up your home for cheap and to justify the expense of owning so many calendars (ha ha).

Here’s how it will work: I plan to do lots of showing and not so much telling, I figure you will need the artist name and link and a pretty photo so that’s what I’ve pulled together. I’m going to group them into categories: Letterpress, for the desk, poster style, month-to-month (the more traditional wall style), photography, and misc. I know that’s not the best way to organize this but it’s the only way I could do it in order to avoid a post with 15 million calendars all mashed together. Okay, so! I hope you enjoy this great big calendar round up! Stay tuned…

Note: I received over 500 submissions and of course, couldn’t round up all of them because my fingers would fall off from coding it all, but I tried to include as many as I could… if I missed yours, please do not hate me or mail stinky things to my house, and don’t call my house heavy breathing into the phone, “Sydney…. Sydney…..” (ha ha, from that crazy Scream flick).

Ready? Okay, let me start roundin’ up… be back soon!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on October 16, 2009

1. Cri commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:23am

I like this annual appointment so much!
    I’m thrilled… and so curious..

^..^
    (an italian fan)

2. Eva Ricci commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:25am

Ohhhh How exciting!!!!!!!
    .-= Eva Ricci´s last blog ..2010 Floral Calendar =-.

3. Katie - Coco Målé commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:34am

can’t wait for this – hurry up Holly!!!
    .-= Katie – Coco Målé´s last blog ..Pretty Scandinavian Home =-.

4. City Chic - Jamie commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:37am

You always make me smile with your posts :) Yes, I AM doing the happy dance today! I’m thrilled that it’s Friday AND that I get to see your calendar roundup, I’ve been waiting like a kid on Christmas morning for it!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Interview with Glorious Hats =-.

5. Siobhán commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:38am

Can’t wait! I’m obsessed with calendars :-)

6. Megan commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 9:05am

Love that pear calendar!
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..My Watercolours =-.

7. Six Different Ways commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 9:21am

Cant wait! Hoping to find some wonderful holiday gifts in your roundup :)
    .-= Six Different Ways´s last blog ..Portable Fireplace by Electrolux =-.

8. Kate commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 9:43am

My absolute favorite calendars are from Papaya Art. I just ordered my 2010 planner. It is so awesome. Each week comes with a brand new print and each and every one is gorgeous. Since I can only handle a week at a time, the layout is perfect for me too. I’ve never purchased a hanging one, but they are also gorgeous!!!

Here’s a link to their calender page

9. suzanne commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 9:58am

YESssss!!! I have been waiting for you to do this before I started my calendar-gift shopping :)
    .-= suzanne´s last blog ..awesome autumn =-.

10. Marnie Joy commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 10:18am

Holly you do great and uplifting work! Looking forward to the calendar round-up. I’m wondering if in all the submissions you came across any Birthday Calendars – you know they aren’t specific to the year but have space for each day where you can keep track of everyone’s birthday through the year…? If so, even though it doesn’t really fit in with the 2010 theme I hope you’ll pass it/them on. Thanks for all you put into this community!

11. nichole commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 6:45pm

Marnie – I ran across this cute birthday calendar a few weeks ago. It’s from The Beautiful Project and has an adorable Dutch theme:

.-= nichole´s last blog ..Harvest Gold =-.

12. laura commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 8:56pm

wow. this is totally amazing. i cannot believe you do all this work for us. thanks. now about the choosing since i usually only get one. yikes! too much decision.
    .-= laura´s last blog ..lincoln and new york: new-york historical society =-.

13. Kellie commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 11:46pm

L.O.V.E.!!!!! So many nice ones, I will try to participate next year, though I am making one for presents this Christmas!…. what great inspiration! thxs! :)

14. Kate commented
    October 17th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Thank you!!!! I’m afraid you are now the calendar expert of the world in my opinion, and as such, I’m sorry, but you have put yourself in the position of having your brain picked. I once found a blog entry featuring the PERFECT way to file receipts by stapling them into a day-to-a-page spiral bound calendar. Naturally, just as I found it (by following one link to another and ending up somewhere I’d never been before) my internet explorer encountered a problem and needed to shut down (been there before?). Do you have any suggestions about where to find such a calendar? Thanks

15. decor8 commented
    October 17th, 2009 at 5:18pm

Kate I’m sorry, I do not know — maybe someone reading… can you help Kate???

16. Susanna commented
    October 17th, 2009 at 9:03pm

That gold, white, pale blue lamp — where is it from? It is super adorable!

17. decor8 commented
    October 18th, 2009 at 3:40am

Susanna – It’s vintage, it’s from a flea market in my city (in Germany). I got it last year for 20-Euros and it was rewired so it works like a charm. :)

18. Penny Patten commented
    October 19th, 2009 at 10:10am

So many nice Calendars to choose from!

19. Wendy commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 10:01am

Yay calendars! I’m definitely getting a letterpress calendar for my cube this year. Thanks for making me do the happy dance (alhough I admit I did not yell yahoo!) and for making me laugh. Your personality really comes across in your writing and your blog is a joy to read, thanks!
    .-= Wendy´s last blog ..Five posts commented =-.