Round-ups

October 16, 2009

Looking for a little calendar action for your desk? Whether you’re in a cubicle or your dining room table which doubles as a workspace (cough, cough that would be my life until we find a larger flat), you can still make it feel all cozy-like and one way is with a desk calendar. Here are a few of the options out there at the moment…

Calendars: For Your Desk

Cat Seto, Comes with a reusable wood block holder made of reclaimed lumber – and it holds your pencil – cute!, $22.

Calendars: For Your Desk

SusyJack*, Susy does it again with her bold brights, this time in a jewel case, $19

Calendars: For Your Desk

Anna Cote, Screen/Gocco in jewel case, love the natural design elements and the pretty gold on her November view. $22

Calendars: For Your Desk

The Paper Thieves, letterpress calendar in black and white with wood block, man-friendly. :) $26

Jennifer Squires Productions, a new photo taken by Jennifer each month, $24

Calendars: For Your Desk

Avie Designs, in jewel case with 12 different designs to delight – one per month, $20

Calendars: For Your Desk

Rosa Murillo, in jewel case, $15 (left) and Modern Art Everyday, in jewel case (right), $18

Calendars: For Your Desk

Daisy Princess Paperie, Flights of fancy calendar with bold, lovely graphics, $15

Calendars: For Your Desk

Delphine Letterpress, letterpress months with easel, $38 (limited edition)

Calendars: For Your Desk

Kitty Rogers, teeny tiny calendar with easel, 2″ x 3″ (about the size of a business card), $16

Calendars: For Your Desk

Night Owl Paper Goods, 12 month calendar printed on 6 double-sided pieces of real eco-friendly sustainably harvested birch, available in critter or pattern, $24.

Calendars: For Your Desk

JooJoo, This is so cute because if you trim the pictures at the end of the year, you can frame them as shown in the above photo. Isn’t this a great idea? You can put this on your desk as shown or tack it to the wall. $30

Additional desk calendars not pictured above are available at: Dizzy Wizzy, Le Papier Studio, Marit Hanson, Pixel Impress and Shannon Blue.

Calendars: For Your Desk

Both from Fred Flare, the Japanese panda $12 and the Sukie perpetual calendar $11.

Calendars: For Your Desk

These two are from Paper Source, mini calendar $7 and the Cavallini easel calendar: sweet treats $13.

Calendars: For Your Desk

Alicia Bock, Paris a love story – perfect size for an easel on your desk, $29.

Calendars: For Your Desk

Egg Press, 12 pages, printed front and back, with jewel case stand included $16.

Susannah Tucker, losing yourself in a daydream… ah what a nice name! $20

Pixel Impress, I love the yellow and white zigzags!, $17

Blogging these calendars I’m thinking: Gosh 2010. Doesn’t that number freak you out just a little? Sheesh. In school, when I was in like 6th grade, we made these time capsules with stuff that was popular back then and buried them so that someday I guess when we were all living on other planets Jetson-style, someone would dig up our capsule and see what earthlings lived like. Or something. Anyway, I always thought of 2010 as being some major year in history. Like I’d meet George, Elroy, daughter Judy and wife Jane and we’d lunch at some cafe with robots serving us space food. What happened?!? Well, I rather like that we didn’t evolve into some cold, rather droidish society, at least not the metal kind though some of us may feel a bit bot-like in our day-to-day but still, I’m happy 2010 will be what it will be. I think it’s better than how I imagined in many ways, don’t you? But 2010. It’s making me feel like a dinosaur just saying it…

(images: linked to their sources above)

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Shanon October 16, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Wow. This is the best grouping yet. Anna Cotes always does such amazing stuff… I love the tiny calendar, go Kitty!… of course Alicia Bock always makes me drool… I’ve been planning to get Night Owl’s for awhile now… and my favorite has got to be Daisy Princess Paperie. Gorgeous!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..~Flickr Faves~ =-.

• Reply Gosia October 16, 2009 at 12:37 pm

ok, I hate we all have to stick to time notions but with SUCH calendars I, somehow, don’t mind facing another year.
    .-= Gosia´s last blog ..A la sante! =-.

• Reply trish October 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm

holly- incredible work and wonderfully curated, as always- you happy girl!
    joojoo is happily welcomed to perch on my desktop.
    oxo t
    .-= trish´s last blog ..New Kate Spade Tokyo Store =-.

• Reply Carmenesque October 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm

What a nice set of tempting calendars. I could pick five right now, but who needs that much calendars?! Maybe I could put one on all tables :)
    .-= Carmenesque´s last blog ..Friday Favorites #12 =-.

• Reply Karyn Mendel October 16, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I always look forward to your calendar roundup :0)!!
    I’m going to have to stalk Cat Seto’s, Night Owl’s and Ann Cote’s. I’ve been ooogling over the wood block calendar by Cat Seto since last year!!

• Reply Jennifer Squires Ross October 16, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Such a great collection Holly! I’m definitely intrigued by Kitty’s teeny tiny calendar. I need to get my ducks in a row and figure out which style of calendar will work best in our home.

Thanks so much for including me in this bevy!
    .-= Jennifer Squires Ross´s last blog ..seasonal food fun =-.

• Reply Red Lipstick Style October 16, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Such cheerful calendars; very hard to choose just one!

• Reply Victoria Klein October 16, 2009 at 1:26 pm

I am falling head-over-heels for some of these desktop beauties! I use a bound planner for all of my time tracking, but I’d buy some of these just for the art :D

• Reply Sophia October 16, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Ummm! Now how do I decide which one or 2 or 3?
    And 2010 seems like an extra special year after reading your blog.
    Thanks!

• Reply rosa murillo October 16, 2009 at 1:27 pm

wow, these are amazing Holly! and thanks for featuring mine!

• Reply jess gonacha swift October 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm

This is making me wishI had a house with 50 rooms so I could have a different calendar in each one! What gorgeous selections this year, wowee.
    .-= jess gonacha swift´s last blog ..where the wild things are: FORTS =-.

• Reply Kitty October 16, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Shanon and Jennifer – you girls are so sweet, thank you!! ;oD

And of course a very special thank you to Holly for putting together such fabulous collections, as usual! It is an honor and a pleasure to be included.

xoxo, Kitty
    .-= Kitty´s last blog ..good things =-.

• Reply Lisa P. October 16, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Any good leads on wall calendars? I’m always looking for beautiful ones that actually have the squares (or space) around the numbers on the bottom page so you can write appointments in.

• Reply Kristin October 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Oh, I am loving these! I’ve been looking for a desktop calendar for 2010 that is fun, artsy, and chic and now I have quite the selection to choose from!

I can’t believe 2010 is right around the corner! But I’m definitely excited! I think this is going to be one great, monumental year. I’m not sure how, but I just have this feeling, y’know?

• Reply Janice October 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm

I was having difficulty visually digesting the first grouping that was posted and now the 2nd and 3rd groupings have me in a tizzy.

I can NOT decide, which of course means several rooms now need a calendar (when previously they did not….)

; )
    .-= Janice´s last blog ..thrift ‘ings’ =-.

• Reply hannita October 16, 2009 at 2:10 pm

I have Anna’s for this year and I am always SO excited to flip to a new month. All of your picks are gorgeous. Maybe I need one for home and work this year…
    .-= hannita´s last blog ..Life through a different lens =-.

• Reply Lisa P. October 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Oops. I read the posts backwards and just saw the one where you said you were going to show a whole bunch of calendars. Sorry. Just disregard my earlier comment. :) Thanks for all the calendars!

• Reply Marit October 16, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Thanks for the feature! All of these calendars are so fun. I wish I had more desks. :)

• Reply eva ricci October 16, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Such a gorgeous round up…. fabulous talent here….all very nice
    .-= eva ricci´s last blog ..2010 Floral Calendar – Beauty and function all in one =-.

• Reply Little Gray Pixel October 16, 2009 at 2:41 pm

How will I ever choose?
    .-= Little Gray Pixel´s last blog ..Flickr Fridays: #44 =-.

• Reply fresh365 October 16, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Great calendar roundup! I already have 2 bookmarked. I think I will be giving them as gifts this year as well.

• Reply melanie October 16, 2009 at 3:35 pm

gah! it’s not fair to have to CHOOSE!!

• Reply jamieofalltrades October 16, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I love the calendar with the pencil holder. Too cute!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..chocolate malted cupcakes on shelterrific =-.

• Reply Kelly@Color Sizzle October 16, 2009 at 3:58 pm

These calenders are so adorable! I especially like the bright, bold prints from SusyJack. They would look perfect in my office. Thanks!
    .-= Kelly@Color Sizzle´s last blog ..Vote For My Home Office! =-.

• Reply blue bicicletta October 16, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Beautiful little calendars! I am trying to dream up a calendar of my own, so thanks for getting the wheels turning!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Life as an Artist: update 1 =-.

• Reply julie October 16, 2009 at 10:30 pm

That’s so funny – I was just watching the Jetsons’s this morning (with my niece) :) I agree though 2010 seems like such a big date, it certainly doesn’t feel like a decade since we celebrated the new millenium….does it? I love all these beautiful calendars – I always buy a photographic one – Floranova – every year but i am very tempted with all these beautiful calendars. So many talented people!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..cheers! =-.

• Reply Rachel October 17, 2009 at 1:37 am

weeee! i love your calendar series! here’s another desk calendar (letterpress) i found over at thescoop

.-= Rachel´s last blog ..Vintage French Grain Sack Furniture =-.

• Reply Kelly Totten October 18, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I was just searching for 2010 calendars to post on my blog and came across your post. This is a great roundup. Personally, I’m leaning toward simple typography and unique displays for my 2010 picks. I love The Paper Thieves desk calendar.

• Reply Jena October 18, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I love the Susy Jack desk 2010 calendar! Thanks for this post, because I am definitely going to be buying this one. Thanks again.
    .-= Jena´s last blog ..Favourite Photographer: Joel Flory =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 19, 2009 at 10:02 am

These are Great! I wish I had completed one in time, maybe next year.

• Reply Susan October 19, 2009 at 8:34 pm

AAAAGGGHHHH! too. many. choices! and out of all these bazillion choices, there’s not one I don’t love!!

xox,
    Susan
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..little house made of logs =-.