Océchou

Aw…. this makes me want to decorate a kid’s room or nursery! These forest creatures and the little red riding hood made me smile today… Nicole from the Swiss brand, Océchou, lives and creates in Switzerland with her 3-year-old who inspires her work and goodness, I just adore her cute style. Launched last year, Océchou publishes stationary and fashion accessories like postcards, posters, gift tags, badges, magnets, stickers for children, with alphabet posters in French. And whether you speak French or not, I think you should watch this video about Nicole and her process and products, it’s very, very sweet. I really enjoyed it… And goodness, I’m using a lot of commas lately aren’t I? I’m suffering from comma-overdose.

Océchou

Océchou

Océchou

Océchou

In addition to being extremely conscious of the cuteness factor, Nicole considers where things are made so Océchou products are manufactured in Switzerland and France and she ensures that all materials are of the best quality and environmentally safe. For instance, her papers are all FSC certified and 100% vegan and so they’re biodegradable. All digital illustrations begin as hand drawings and after using her magical tablet and Photoshop, she transforms her sketches into digital works of art.

(images: océchou)

Posted by decor8 in kids on October 21, 2009

1. Pixel Wild Child commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 5:11pm

This are super fun items, I wish I had children to have an excuse ;O) Great post, real eye candy…
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Blondes United (It is OK to be Imperfect) New Artwork =-.

2. laura trevey commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 5:19pm

so sweet and happy :)
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Celebrate the Holidays, Original Watercolor, 8 by 10, Merry and Bright =-.

3. My Owl Barn commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 5:30pm

Those paper shades and the red robin wallpaper are gorgeous :) I love her illustrations.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Susie Ghahremani =-.

4. Susie commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 5:43pm

Those lanterns are making me giddy…

5. blue bicicletta commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 6:05pm

Very cute, and great photos!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Closing in on the Alphabet with Yucca =-.

6. Océchou commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 6:10pm

Oh Holly you are an Angel! Many thanks for this lovely post about my little world, I’m so excited! I love your blog! Merci beaucoup ;)
    .-= Océchou´s last blog ..Article sur Decor8 =-.

7. Two Brunettes commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 6:25pm

omgosh this stuff is just adorable!
    .-= Two Brunettes´s last blog ..Moving Day! =-.

8. Hilary commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 6:32pm

Je l’adore!
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Knick Knacks: Green and beige =-.

9. Yoli commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 10:08pm

Very cute Holly! Have you seen Maia’s work? She is about to open an etsy shop herself. Here is a link to her work:

.-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

10. MamiColo commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 10:16pm

…..wow…………

^__________^
    .-= MamiColo´s last blog ..Traditional Thai Living =-.

11. Jane commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 10:41pm

Yes love it, And I know why you have said very very really really sweet becuase it really is. Funny because the story of little red riding hood is actually a bit scary. But Holly.. !!! So much of these beautiful things are not available in Australia. Can you do an Australian feature one day?
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..An anemone in cross stitch =-.

12. maria commented
    October 21st, 2009 at 11:18pm

Ooh, so many adorable things!!! Thanks for the intro :)

13. Jacqueline commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:19am

The items makes me happy! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..surprises are nice. =-.

14. Victoria commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:32am

Hi Holly, will you be doing an Etsy Take Five this week?

15. a pretty trip commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:54am

Oh my goodness, that totally makes me want to have a baby! So adorable.

16. Brooke H commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 2:54am

This is so weird, just a few hours ago I watched an old Martha Stewart where she made lanterns just like that! (Using modge podge, and decopodgeing them with patterned tissue papers)
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..I’m an Etsy Guest Blogger! =-.

17. chiaroscuro commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 2:56am

the alphabet is so sweet, I like it?
    .-= chiaroscuro´s last blog ..Inspiration of the day: Blickfang ’09 =-.

18. Merissa commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 3:11am

Ocechou’s characters are adorable! And environmentally safe, how awesome is that!
    .-= Merissa´s last blog ..:At our farmers market in Honolulu: =-.

19. Kris commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 3:23am

What an incredible inspiring blog you got.

Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..En dejlig overraskelse ;) =-.

20. decor8 commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 3:35am

Victoria – No, but next Tuesday I will for sure. I only worked half a day this Tuesday. :)

21. decor8 commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 3:37am

Jane – I feature products from Australia quite frequently. Have you ever seen this post?

22. designermarkt.blogspot.com commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 4:47am

So cute, so happy, i love her illustrations and those lanterns are wonderfull.
    Thank you for sharing Holly.
    Isil
    .-= designermarkt.blogspot.com´s last blog ..Atelier Nicola Gräfe =-.

23. Passementerie commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 4:50am

Oh they’re gorgeous! Now that Beatrice is nearing a year, she’s going to become more attentive to her bedroom surroundings and I am casting around for a simple, animal-based and gender-neutral theme I can employ without bankrupting myself – this might just be it! Thank you.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Beatrice in Bloomsbury =-.

24. Renee Alam commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 7:10am

These items are too cute…makes me wish my girls were little again b/c I’d love to decorate their room with her stuff.Hmm,maybe I could still use some of the items for my future craft room? ;) Keep posting these great finds…I’m loving it! :)

25. Siobhán commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 7:17am

Delightful illustrations and products :-)

26. Ramune commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 8:51am

These are super cute! I will have to keep this in mind . . .

27. Cindy commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 12:15pm

i LOVE it! the lion is too cute. :)
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Can you say, "AWW…"?? =-.

28. Alissa commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 5:01pm

Insanely adorable! Is it wrong to want to have a child so I can decorate a nursery?!
    .-= Alissa´s last blog ..Je Suis le Baker Fabulous =-.

29. Kylie @ All Things Lovely commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 9:31pm

So wishing I had a child at the moment, everything is just fabulous!
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..20% Off Everything Pre Christmas Sale! =-.

30. Sarah Shaw commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 4:28pm

These are so cute! I especially like the alphabet

31. lexivip commented
    June 28th, 2010 at 3:29pm

Thanks for opening my eyes to Ocechou! This stuff is beautiful – I love the poster of the alphabet. It’s perfect for nursery room decorating!