Rooms

Océchou

October 21, 2009

Aw…. this makes me want to decorate a kid’s room or nursery! These forest creatures and the little red riding hood made me smile today… Nicole from the Swiss brand, Océchou, lives and creates in Switzerland with her 3-year-old who inspires her work and goodness, I just adore her cute style. Launched last year, Océchou publishes stationary and fashion accessories like postcards, posters, gift tags, badges, magnets, stickers for children, with alphabet posters in French. And whether you speak French or not, I think you should watch this video about Nicole and her process and products, it’s very, very sweet. I really enjoyed it… And goodness, I’m using a lot of commas lately aren’t I? I’m suffering from comma-overdose.

Océchou

Océchou

Océchou

Océchou

In addition to being extremely conscious of the cuteness factor, Nicole considers where things are made so Océchou products are manufactured in Switzerland and France and she ensures that all materials are of the best quality and environmentally safe. For instance, her papers are all FSC certified and 100% vegan and so they’re biodegradable. All digital illustrations begin as hand drawings and after using her magical tablet and Photoshop, she transforms her sketches into digital works of art.

(images: océchou)

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Pixel Wild Child October 21, 2009 at 5:11 pm

This are super fun items, I wish I had children to have an excuse ;O) Great post, real eye candy…
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Blondes United (It is OK to be Imperfect) New Artwork =-.

• Reply laura trevey October 21, 2009 at 5:19 pm

so sweet and happy :)
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Celebrate the Holidays, Original Watercolor, 8 by 10, Merry and Bright =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn October 21, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Those paper shades and the red robin wallpaper are gorgeous :) I love her illustrations.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Susie Ghahremani =-.

• Reply Susie October 21, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Those lanterns are making me giddy…

• Reply blue bicicletta October 21, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Very cute, and great photos!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Closing in on the Alphabet with Yucca =-.

• Reply Océchou October 21, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Oh Holly you are an Angel! Many thanks for this lovely post about my little world, I’m so excited! I love your blog! Merci beaucoup ;)
    .-= Océchou´s last blog ..Article sur Decor8 =-.

• Reply Two Brunettes October 21, 2009 at 6:25 pm

omgosh this stuff is just adorable!
    .-= Two Brunettes´s last blog ..Moving Day! =-.

• Reply Hilary October 21, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Je l’adore!
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Knick Knacks: Green and beige =-.

• Reply Yoli October 21, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Very cute Holly! Have you seen Maia’s work? She is about to open an etsy shop herself. Here is a link to her work:

.-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply MamiColo October 21, 2009 at 10:16 pm

…..wow…………

^__________^
    .-= MamiColo´s last blog ..Traditional Thai Living =-.

• Reply Jane October 21, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Yes love it, And I know why you have said very very really really sweet becuase it really is. Funny because the story of little red riding hood is actually a bit scary. But Holly.. !!! So much of these beautiful things are not available in Australia. Can you do an Australian feature one day?
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..An anemone in cross stitch =-.

• Reply maria October 21, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Ooh, so many adorable things!!! Thanks for the intro :)

• Reply Jacqueline October 22, 2009 at 1:19 am

The items makes me happy! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..surprises are nice. =-.

• Reply Victoria October 22, 2009 at 1:32 am

Hi Holly, will you be doing an Etsy Take Five this week?

• Reply decor8 October 22, 2009 at 3:35 am

Victoria – No, but next Tuesday I will for sure. I only worked half a day this Tuesday. :)

• Reply a pretty trip October 22, 2009 at 1:54 am

Oh my goodness, that totally makes me want to have a baby! So adorable.

• Reply Brooke H October 22, 2009 at 2:54 am

This is so weird, just a few hours ago I watched an old Martha Stewart where she made lanterns just like that! (Using modge podge, and decopodgeing them with patterned tissue papers)
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..I’m an Etsy Guest Blogger! =-.

• Reply chiaroscuro October 22, 2009 at 2:56 am

the alphabet is so sweet, I like it?
    .-= chiaroscuro´s last blog ..Inspiration of the day: Blickfang ’09 =-.

• Reply Merissa October 22, 2009 at 3:11 am

Ocechou’s characters are adorable! And environmentally safe, how awesome is that!
    .-= Merissa´s last blog ..:At our farmers market in Honolulu: =-.

• Reply Kris October 22, 2009 at 3:23 am

What an incredible inspiring blog you got.

Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..En dejlig overraskelse ;) =-.

• Reply designermarkt.blogspot.com October 22, 2009 at 4:47 am

So cute, so happy, i love her illustrations and those lanterns are wonderfull.
    Thank you for sharing Holly.
    Isil
    .-= designermarkt.blogspot.com´s last blog ..Atelier Nicola Gräfe =-.

• Reply Passementerie October 22, 2009 at 4:50 am

Oh they’re gorgeous! Now that Beatrice is nearing a year, she’s going to become more attentive to her bedroom surroundings and I am casting around for a simple, animal-based and gender-neutral theme I can employ without bankrupting myself – this might just be it! Thank you.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Beatrice in Bloomsbury =-.

• Reply Renee Alam October 22, 2009 at 7:10 am

These items are too cute…makes me wish my girls were little again b/c I’d love to decorate their room with her stuff.Hmm,maybe I could still use some of the items for my future craft room? ;) Keep posting these great finds…I’m loving it! :)

• Reply Siobhán October 22, 2009 at 7:17 am

Delightful illustrations and products :-)

• Reply Ramune October 22, 2009 at 8:51 am

These are super cute! I will have to keep this in mind . . .

• Reply Cindy October 22, 2009 at 12:15 pm

i LOVE it! the lion is too cute. :)
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Can you say, "AWW…"?? =-.

• Reply Alissa October 22, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Insanely adorable! Is it wrong to want to have a child so I can decorate a nursery?!
    .-= Alissa´s last blog ..Je Suis le Baker Fabulous =-.

• Reply Kylie @ All Things Lovely October 22, 2009 at 9:31 pm

So wishing I had a child at the moment, everything is just fabulous!
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..20% Off Everything Pre Christmas Sale! =-.

• Reply Sarah Shaw October 29, 2009 at 4:28 pm

These are so cute! I especially like the alphabet

• Reply lexivip June 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for opening my eyes to Ocechou! This stuff is beautiful – I love the poster of the alphabet. It’s perfect for nursery room decorating!