Color Inspiration, Inspiration

Raúl Martins: Interior Design

October 22, 2009

Nuevo Estilo Magazine, or “New Style” in English, is a design magazine out of Spain that also has a website where they share some beautiful rooms and decorating tips, all in Spanish of course. This particular home in Madrid is one such home and it was flawlessly pulled together by interior designer Raúl Martins. I love how purple and yellow were used to brighten up an otherwise neutral palette, don’t you?

Raúl Martins: Interior Design

Raúl Martins: Interior Design

And of course, the neutrals here aren’t completely flat and boring, but there is texture and a variety of materials used to make this space cozy and warm. This is such a good way to bring to life a room that may be a bit blah in your own home. Introduce two complementary colors (colors directly opposite of one another on the color wheel) to your neutral palette and see what beautiful things can result. Complementary colors are useful when you want to make a point: when you want something to really stand out.

Lovely work by Raúl Martins… and I cannot seem to locate a website for this talented designer so if you know, please comment with the link below!

(images Nuevo Estilo Magazine)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kathi @ allthingswhite October 22, 2009 at 8:58 am

I love the calm, sophisticated look here! It is all so lovely- I am imagining an afternoon cup of coffee and a stack of my favorite magazines on the chaise.
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Vintage Floraline Planter =-.

• Reply mimi October 22, 2009 at 9:04 am

I really like these rooms…The neutral palette is the perfect backdrop for these great accessories..I’m loving the pops of color and the tufted furniture. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= mimi´s last blog ..40 WinKs…. =-.

• Reply lindsay October 22, 2009 at 9:35 am

I really like the giant metal coffee tables. Perfect place for friends to gather for drinks or a casual meal.

• Reply lindsey October 22, 2009 at 9:56 am

Love these photos Holly, great finds!
    I love the neutral, muted palette with pops of color here and there.
    That bedroom is Dreamy!

{ Lindsey }
    .-= lindsey´s last blog ..Kitty Rogers Photographs =-.

• Reply IRIS October 22, 2009 at 10:59 am

This is SO chic ! I love it!

• Reply Rebecca October 22, 2009 at 11:01 am

Really love how bright, airy and fresh the rooms feel. The use of fun colors is the perfect complement and not overwhelming in the space. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply sly_fox October 22, 2009 at 4:14 pm

color accents; brushed stainless coffee table: love.
    beige wall-to-wall carpet: not so much …

• Reply Leyla October 22, 2009 at 9:46 pm

I’m really loving these photos! Such a pretty space and great balance between light and airy and colorful accents! Also, clever use of textures & patterns =)

• Reply Tea Party Crasher October 22, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Those brushed steel tables are incredible! Crap — now I want to redecorate. Again.

.-= Tea Party Crasher´s last blog ..Tea Party Crasher Exclusive: Q&A with Abigail Ahern =-.

• Reply Merri Cvetan, The Design Coach October 28, 2009 at 9:32 am

Love the touch of pink in the living room!

• Reply Marmalade January 18, 2015 at 10:09 pm

i have just visited Nuevo Estilo website and really liked it. So many decorating ideas! Thanks for sharing it with us!