Raúl Martins: Interior Design

Nuevo Estilo Magazine, or “New Style” in English, is a design magazine out of Spain that also has a website where they share some beautiful rooms and decorating tips, all in Spanish of course. This particular home in Madrid is one such home and it was flawlessly pulled together by interior designer Raúl Martins. I love how purple and yellow were used to brighten up an otherwise neutral palette, don’t you?

Raúl Martins

Raúl Martins

And of course, the neutrals here aren’t completely flat and boring, but there is texture and a variety of materials used to make this space cozy and warm. This is such a good way to bring to life a room that may be a bit blah in your own home. Introduce two complementary colors (colors directly opposite of one another on the color wheel) to your neutral palette and see what beautiful things can result. Complementary colors are useful when you want to make a point: when you want something to really stand out.

Lovely work by Raúl Martins… and I cannot seem to locate a website for this talented designer so if you know, please comment with the link below!

(images Nuevo Estilo Magazine)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration, inspiration on October 22, 2009

1. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 8:58am

I love the calm, sophisticated look here! It is all so lovely- I am imagining an afternoon cup of coffee and a stack of my favorite magazines on the chaise.
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Vintage Floraline Planter =-.

2. mimi commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 9:04am

I really like these rooms…The neutral palette is the perfect backdrop for these great accessories..I’m loving the pops of color and the tufted furniture. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= mimi´s last blog ..40 WinKs…. =-.

3. lindsay commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 9:35am

I really like the giant metal coffee tables. Perfect place for friends to gather for drinks or a casual meal.

4. lindsey commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 9:56am

Love these photos Holly, great finds!
    I love the neutral, muted palette with pops of color here and there.
    That bedroom is Dreamy!

{ Lindsey }
    .-= lindsey´s last blog ..Kitty Rogers Photographs =-.

5. IRIS commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 10:59am

This is SO chic ! I love it!

6. Rebecca commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 11:01am

Really love how bright, airy and fresh the rooms feel. The use of fun colors is the perfect complement and not overwhelming in the space. Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca

7. sly_fox commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 4:14pm

color accents; brushed stainless coffee table: love.
    beige wall-to-wall carpet: not so much …

8. Leyla commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 9:46pm

I’m really loving these photos! Such a pretty space and great balance between light and airy and colorful accents! Also, clever use of textures & patterns =)

9. Tea Party Crasher commented
    October 22nd, 2009 at 10:12pm

Those brushed steel tables are incredible! Crap — now I want to redecorate. Again.

.-= Tea Party Crasher´s last blog ..Tea Party Crasher Exclusive: Q&A with Abigail Ahern =-.

10. Merri Cvetan, The Design Coach commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 9:32am

Love the touch of pink in the living room!