Niki Jones

Interior designer Maha recently talked about creative director and shop owner Niki Jones on her blog (here) and I fell instantly in love with this online store in Scotland. I love the ethnic prints and patterns and the strong contrasts, especially all of the white and black. Does white and black ever go out of style? It doesn’t seem to be the case, it’s such a classy, seductive palette. It’s good and evil brought together to form a passionate dance, one trying to lead, but neither succeeding because the balance is the beauty of their dance. That is why I think that the collection of Niki Jones is so stunning. And it’s not all about white and black, there are other colors brought in to add spice like purple and red. Those strong jewel tones that are so popular this time of the year.

Niki Jones

So, who is Niki Jones you ask? Niki trained at the Scottish College of Textiles and the Royal College of Art in London before working at Habitat as textile designer and style coordinator. She then got into ceramics and worked as a design director at Wedgwood. Moving out of London, she went to Scotland where she started her own brand of household goods because she couldn’t find well designed and well crafted pieces that were special, online or even in London as she says that she, “became aware that there was a real lack of choice (in London) if you were looking for something a bit different and special.”

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

Niki Jones

In her line, you can find Uzbek textiles, knitted and felted goods from countries like Iceland, furniture with bone inlay, mirrors, rugs, French antiques, optical patterns, embroidery and hand knotting – details she insists on and that give the home personality and style. I love that black silhouette chair, is that not stunning?

Okay and the kitty… I wish I could order that sweet little creature! :) Meowwww!

(images: niki jones)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom, furniture, shopping on October 23, 2009

1. Mally Skok commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 7:05am

Just adored all the photo’s love your style, can we buy in the U.S. – v. interested.

2. Courtney commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 8:30am

Wow, love all of these – specifically the candle-lit fireplace and the bed piled high with pillows across from the window. The colors are just gorgeous, I can’t get enough of that purple and gold!
    .-= Courtney´s last blog ..Thirsty Thursday: Gritty’s Halloween Ale =-.

3. lisa commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 8:45am

the venetian wall mirror is very art deco, love the bed and bedspread to — nice and contemporary!

4. honey living commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 9:51am

these are all such gorgeous pictures!!
    .-= honey living´s last blog ..not your grandmother’s silver =-.

5. Brandi commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 9:56am

The candles on the stairway are gorgeous.
    And I love all the fabrics and colors.
    .-= Brandi´s last blog ..Pretty Little Packages =-.

6. Nina commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 10:07am

How beautiful!!! those pillows are to die for!!! And the beds! i love it so!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..My dream… =-.

7. michele commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 10:12am

I love the homage to Icelandic tradition in fairisle pillows, tea cosies, etc. So timely for that style to be brought forward again. I just had a conversation yesterday with a friend about trends and we both noted the presence of fairisle in fashion and decor. The knit pieces add such softness and texture in a room.

8. tara g commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 12:19pm

nikki’s color scheme in those photos is really inspiring! i’ve been on the look out lately for new color combos to get me out of my web design rut. i might have to use those shades of gray, purple – was going to say aubergine…magenta…but i’m just not sure what you’d call that?? – , and mustard in an upcoming project!
    .-= tara g´s last blog ..lack of sleep {free for all friday!} =-.

9. fresh365 commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 2:22pm

Amazing! The colors and textures are perfect. The pillows around the fireplace are so cozy!

10. Jeanee commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 3:38pm

LOVE IT. LOVE IT!!! Those colors with the black is HOT.
    .-= Jeanee´s last blog ..muffins =-.

11. Amy - no. 15 creative commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 4:08pm

Beautiful colors and patterns. I love the embroidered pillows.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

12. Penny Patten commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 5:39pm

okay, I’m in love with all of it!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..New England Bloggers Mixer =-.

13. Maha commented
    October 23rd, 2009 at 5:41pm

Thank you for the link Holly :) Loved the post xx

14. Chloe C. commented
    October 24th, 2009 at 7:44am

loved seeing these pictures with all that pattern & texture. Thanks for putting these up. & loved seeing Anthro London, too.

15. Julieann commented
    October 24th, 2009 at 10:03am

so very sweet and Warm! I love it, thanks for the introduction!
    .-= Julieann´s last blog ..How to Thursday -indulge in the gray trend =-.

16. Krissy commented
    October 24th, 2009 at 8:34pm

Such intricate and rich textures! This is just the inspiration I needed for a design project I’m working on for school. Thank you for sharing! :)
    .-= Krissy´s last blog ..Monthly Mixtape… ‘Ode to a Construction Document’ =-.

17. Une Crêpe Suzette commented
    October 25th, 2009 at 5:37am

Those things are really nice! Well… your blog is really nice!!!
    .-= Une Crêpe Suzette´s last blog ..Pequeñas creaciones =-.

18. Gesche commented
    October 26th, 2009 at 4:55am

Beautiful and inspiring. I love these Fairisle pattern!
    Do you know the Hamburg-based shop of Vossberg, they have also a homepage https://www.vossbergversand.de/index.php?se=481.
    They sell textiles from all over the world and are one of my favourite shops in this area.

19. lisa :: the red thread commented
    October 26th, 2009 at 7:42am

oh. my. everything is so gorgeous. those colours are not what I would ever use… but really, now I want to redecorate!
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Lighting Giveaway =-.

20. beth gunnell commented
    October 26th, 2009 at 7:51am

how gorgeous. Such wonderful colours, love the cushions.
    .-= beth gunnell´s last blog ..Birthday Tea Party! =-.

21. Niki commented
    October 29th, 2009 at 4:22pm

Thanks for all your kind comments. We are able to ship to the US but we have to arrange it via email and phone- +44 (1)41 9594090. For anyone who has requested a catalogue from outside the UK- I’m really sorry we can not send as it is very expensive, however, it is available to download on our website. Great blog by the way – really inspiring. Thanks x