Handmade

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

October 23, 2009

It’s always fun to hear from my peeps back home so when Jill Rosenwald told me about her studio and recent open gallery event, I was excited for her and to see her space. It’s very inspiring, often I find the process of something more fascinating than the end result though in this case, both process and finished product are equally lovely. Jill is a ceramicist, one I’ve told you about a few times before, who not only creates and sells to stores but also maintains an etsy shop. Here is a glimpse of her world, a day in the life of Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio located at 369 Congress Street in Boston — a studio for both Jill Rosenwald and her husband, Lawrence McRae.

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Switch/Jill Rosenwald Studio: Boston

Doesn’t this environment inspire you to make something? How about this weekend… if you can set aside time to make just one thing, why not give it a whirl? A cake, a small painting, a sketch, anything really…

(images: jill rosenwald)

13 Comments

• Reply Sophia Mar October 23, 2009 at 9:23 am

Wonderful work!
    .-= Sophia Mar´s last blog ..Etsy finds =-.

• Reply jamie October 23, 2009 at 9:47 am

this does indeed inspire me to make something this weekend! i have been making a list of diy projects i would like to tackle and it is getting quite long. this weekend would be a good one to start crossing some things off!
    oh- and those are some very cool lamps!

• Reply thedoodlegirl October 23, 2009 at 10:04 am

Oh my goodness! That pottery is to die for! She is amazing, just amazing.
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Halloween Masks =-.

• Reply rae dunn October 23, 2009 at 10:38 am

HI JILL. so fun to see your studio ! you and your work are looking as bee-utiful as EVER !!

• Reply Korin October 23, 2009 at 11:22 am

Oh love!
    Thank you for sharing. Somehow this little post manages to make me feel like I just actually stopped by the studio for a visit AND inspires me to go scout out some local art spaces myself.

Cozy, stunning, welcoming, inspiring — hooray.

~k

• Reply sly_fox October 23, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Is that an “illustrated lampshade” hanging in front of the wall shelving display of lamps and vases ? I can’t make out the details but it seems like an orginal drawing rather than a print fabric. If so, a white lampshade is a fresh, unexpected canvas and a novel way to display original illustration.

• Reply Sheena October 23, 2009 at 1:25 pm

absolutely wonderful lamps!! if I only I lived in Boston…
    .-= Sheena´s last blog ..Happy birthday Kirby, my dear! =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 23, 2009 at 5:34 pm

my inspiration is coming back to me! Yeah!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..New England Bloggers Mixer =-.

• Reply hazel and hunter October 23, 2009 at 6:51 pm

her stuff is amazing – i’ve been drooling her wonderful ceramics on etsy for quite some time! i think i’ll have to treat myself soon!

• Reply Kylie @ All Things Lovely October 24, 2009 at 1:30 am

I’ve had this shop in my Etsy faves for ages! Everything is just so beautiful.
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..New Packaging – New Everything! =-.

• Reply jill rosenwald October 24, 2009 at 6:55 am

hi holly,
    thanks so much for posting these pix from the new studio! it means a lot to me to be included on your wonderful site. we did have a great open studio, but if you come back to town, please come visit us, we are open every weekday!
    best regards
    jill

• Reply jHill October 24, 2009 at 10:38 pm

I love these! I’m lucky to be Jill’s studio mate and even luckier to be surround by her work every day :)

• Reply emma - elki design October 26, 2009 at 1:02 am

Love that lamp with the black and white stripe – how gorgeous! Would be perfect for the office. Such beautiful ceramics – oh to play with clay again :)