Song and Scene

Photographer Diana Brennan recently started a new blog, Song and Scene, that I find unique and inspiring. Especially since my husband is a photographer and music composer (both hobbies, yeah he’s a smarty) and often composes songs around the photographs that he takes. I have to tell him about Diana’s new blog! This may inspire him because she shares a photo that she took along with a song, not her own song — but a favorite tune that she feels fits the photo. In case you wonder what she’s using on her blog it’s called Soundshark, suggested to her by Tara Lutman Agacayak.

Song & Scene

I really like this because it’s so nice when artists try to make the blogging experience more emotional and heartwarming, attaching their work to music and/or video certainly makes it come alive and also gives one further insight into the personality of the artist. Check out her blog and see what you think, I’m sure that she’d really enjoy your feedback on this idea of hers as well… it’s a nice one.

(image: diana brennen)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on October 27, 2009

1. Natalyn commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 8:46am

I have several students (teenagers) who are incredible photographers and do this all the time. It’s amazing to see what they come up with; always perfect combinations. I will tell them about this blog.
    .-= Natalyn´s last blog ..day 41. =-.

2. Diana commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 9:08am

What a great morning surprise!! Oh Holly you have made my day by featuring this. I’m so excited about Song and Scene – it’s really about intuitive, emotional responses and to have that resonate with people is just… awesome. I’m glowing.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Rock the Vote! =-.

3. Julie commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 9:38am

Diana is an amazing photographer and her blog is such a great idea!
    .-= Julie´s last blog ..Framed Apples – print proof =-.

4. Karen Malcolm commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:12am

Diana’s work is amazing, and what fun this site is, to enjoy terrific music while viewing gorgeous photos…I particularly like the butterfly photo combined with Ingrid Michaelson’s “You and I.” Thanks Diana and Decor8!

5. Tracy commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:27am

Such an amazing artist… LOVE her work!! Way to go Di!!!
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..Who Loves You Baby – Genuine Sea Glass Heart Necklace =-.

6. Tara commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:41am

Hooray for Diana! It really is a cool concept, isn’t it? And so nicely executed – clean and simple.

(Diana and I met through Holly’s first BYW class and we were lucky enough to be placed into the same group :) )

Actually, the site I recommended is called Grooveshark in case anyone is interested in checking it out: http://www.grooveshark.com.

A friend recommended it to me when I was having trouble accessing other online music sites here in Turkey.
    .-= Tara´s last blog ..There Must Be Music =-.

7. markaplan commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 1:53pm

great photography… takes me back to science class…
    .-= markaplan´s last blog ..corrugator earrings… sterling silver =-.

8. Figen commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 2:27pm

I was also introduced to Grooveshark by Tara and it has totally made my online hours much more fun. I immediately found all the songs from my younger days, university days and other special moments – songs which I couldn’t get hold of anymore. I love working at my computer now.
    .-= Figen´s last blog ..A very talented knitter I know =-.

9. Valerie commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 11:27pm

Diana is an amazingly talented photographer as well as an awesome lady.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..whimsical wearable art earrings w genuine turqoise and sterling silver =-.

10. Rose commented
    October 28th, 2009 at 3:04am

Haven’t been able to get Grooveshark to work, but Tara’s recommendations for anything are always good!
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..Rescue Remedy =-.