Car Möbel Inspiration

I’ve raved about Car Möbel before because I’ve ordered from this German company in the past (furniture) and really like their selection… and I’m here to rave again because I always find something on their site or in their catalog that I like, whether it’s a pouffe or a bookcase. And while they only ship locally, at least I’m guessing from what I’ve read on their site, many of you can look at some of their arrangements of things to gain inspiration for how you’re displaying objects – I think they do a good job of it. I really like the hallway decoration shown below with the soft, pale blue wall with gray and white. So fresh and welcoming.

Car Möbel Inspiration

Most of what you see pictured are from the major brands that Car Möbel carries from Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Germany. Some of these brands include TineK Home, RICE, Greengate, PIP-Studio (they have their bedding and bags now!) and House Doctor. Though what makes Car Möbel so special is that they also carry their own line of furniture shown in all of these photos that is available in natural wood, white and sometimes black. I like this because you can buy unfinished pieces and customize them. The brands I’ve mentioned above are quite common to find, I guess you can say they’re as common as West Elm or Pottery Barn is in America.

If you live in Germany then you can feel free to order as they come highly recommended by me (and I’m a picky customer!). I really love their professional, prompt service, packaging, and quality of goods. I also need a desk, so I’m looking high and low for one and found something on their site this morning that just may work for me. So! Here are some arrangements that I like that I thought would inspire you over the weekend, if you feel up to it, to redecorate or style a particular part of your home in a fresh, new way without purchasing a single thing. Give it a try – the bookcase that looks a wreck, your closet, the hallway, even a few shelves in the kitchen or bathroom.

Car Möbel Inspiration

Car Möbel Inspiration

Car Möbel Inspiration

Car Möbel Inspiration

Car Möbel Inspiration

Often mini refreshers like this can make your surroundings much more enjoyable – plus I think it’s good to have movement in the house. What I mean by this is that when something stays in the same place to long it almost makes me feel stuck or in a rut emotionally just looking at it. I move things around frequently because it feels like the energy can circulate better. I know in words this makes little sense, but just try moving things around and you’ll see what I mean… there’s freedom and a fresh perspective that can often result from the moving of objects. Plus I observe a lot of movement in the natural world and thing that it’s easy sometimes to forget that our interior environments may also need to change from time to time in order to allow for growth and change. At least, according to me. :)

(images: car möbel)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on October 30, 2009

1. caro commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 5:51am

Hey Holly. I’m glad you’re back! I know car and love it, too. But many of thair furniture are to expensive for me … but do you also know Impressionen? That’s one of my favorite online Shops and they have a pretty nice catalog. If you don’t know it, check out this website: http://www.impressionen.de
    Have a nice day!
    .-= caro´s last blog ..Foxes are the new owls =-.

2. decor8 commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 6:11am

Caro – Thank you! :)

3. juliette commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 6:45am

gosh, I just saw the Pip-Studio Wallpaper collection in Bamberg last week – the dinnerware is really to die for!

on another note – we finally cleared out the niche by the fireplace, phew! We’re just waiting for the wood to arrive. I can’t wait! Freshly stacked wood always looks so homey!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Free Printable: 2010 Calendar =-.

4. Hilary commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 6:53am

Those photos are just fabulous, i love them all!
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Sanna Annukka New Online Store =-.

5. Jona commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 7:22am

Funny thing, my parents have the shoe thingy and the desk with the blue surface. I never realized that they got it at car möbel and I really found this website thanks to you :)

6. Rosy Lady commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 7:29am

Gorgeous! Definitely inspired me to do a reshuffle this weekend. I love the white walls and floors with the bright splashes of color. I also wouldn’t mind getting my hands on that thread holder in the sewing room photo but if they don’t ship to the UK…*sigh*
    .-= Rosy Lady´s last blog ..Spooky =-.

7. Anne-Julie commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 7:34am

So much inspiration here, love these photos :)
    I love that sewing machine little corner, and love the sewing thread rack on the wall!
    .-= Anne-Julie´s last blog ..New jewelry is coming: stay tuned! =-.

8. Eileen commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 7:51am

Now another reason to wish we lived in Germany! We got to try out the German medical system on our holiday and that’s better than ours too.
    Love the thread holder in the sewingroom image.
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..Paris market scene =-.

9. Kim commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 7:57am

Hi, ive been adoring this website/blog from a far for soooo long. i love love loveeee the colours & design of the above rooms. i was wondering if anyone could suggest some names of grey paint or if there are any great websites out there who do some pretty great grey paint. lol. thanks in advance and im going to continue to lovee this blog even if no one answers hehehe.

10. Allison commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 8:15am

I’m always excited to find fresh and new alternatives to IKEA… great link! I don’t think that I saw anything that I didn’t absolutely love. Herrlich!
    .-= Allison´s last blog ..Fall Musings =-.

11. Nadine commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 8:19am

I’ve come across car before and really love their range. If I ever move back to Germany I will be a very good customer for them ;-)
    .-= Nadine´s last blog ..Vintage birds =-.

12. Siobhán commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 8:35am

Received their catalogue just this week, what a sight for sore eyes :-)

13. Theresa@ Squeaky Chic commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 8:44am

Ugh! So amazing! I’ve been reading up on staging homes lately and they all inform you to keep the home colors neutral with a pop of color here and there. I am sold!

14. Brandi commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:28am

I’m just in love with it all. I’m absolutely enthralled by the bright colors against the simple white background. It’s so chic. I’m ready to move in and get to work in those rooms. I could use a nice study haven.
    .-= Brandi´s last blog ..Sweet Endeavors: Chocolate Chip Scones =-.

15. mousumi commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Can anyone PLEASE let me know what type of White Floor Paint this is ? I have painted wood floors in White but this looks super glossy & doesnt appear to scratch – so does it have a special finish ? I’ve taken these kind of photos to the paint store & informed that these might be adjusted on the computer to look better than real life – please advise.
    Many thanks…

16. fresh365 commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 3:58pm

Oh wow! You have such amazing taste in interiors. I wish I could move right in!

17. Saima commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Wow, what a great collection! I wish they delivered to the UK. Fab photos.
    .-= Saima´s last blog ..Next Christmas Collection =-.

18. shelley t commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 4:45am

this was total inspiration and your comments at the end made absolute sense. a fabulous post. thanks holly!
    .-= shelley t´s last blog ..Happy Friday – Snails Anyone? =-.

19. Penny Patten commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 5:31pm

gorgeous!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Dressed up Bracelets =-.

20. Heidi commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 8:45pm

I know exactly where you are coming from! Our living room has stayed the same since we moved in 8 months ago. That is, by far, the longest stretch I’ve ever gone without rearranging something. My husband looks at me like I’m crazy when I mention moving things around. I’ll just have to surprise him one of these days and do it while he’s at work! I need some new energy around here!
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..Chicken Panini with Chipotle Mayo =-.

21. Nichole commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 2:11pm

I want to purchase so much of this, but its not in english and I dont have clue what anything says. Is there an english option somewhere that I am not seeing?
    .-= Nichole ´s last blog ..My new favorite website! =-.

22. decor8 commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 3:07pm

Nichole – Sorry, it’s a German company and they ship only locally so there’s no English option. :(

23. Kylie @ All Things Lovely commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 9:00pm

All that white with beautiful pops of colour make me want to redo my home! I really love it.
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..Depuis =-.

24. a pretty trip commented
    November 1st, 2009 at 11:27pm

I so love all those pictures. There’s something about white interiors with bright colours that I just love love love so much.
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Practice.. =-.

25. Tracey Leigh commented
    November 2nd, 2009 at 9:47am

Love, love, love these lovely items. So fresh and welcoming. Thank you for sharing.
    Tracey x
    .-= Tracey Leigh´s last blog ..New fabrics from Designers Guild =-.

26. kate commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:36pm

::gasp:: That purple pouf is amazing!

27. Jennifer commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Does anyone know where they sell similar poufs stateside?