Mid Century Living

If you have orange and brown on the brain today (the stores are packed with it), you’ll love to see the colorful home of artist Jenn Ski that I wrote about this morning at Real Simple. I shared some photos of her home taken by Boston photographer Bob O’Connor and find her pad a delightful mix of old and new.

Bob O'Connor Photography

I know lots of you are are fans of the mid century style and will really love Jenn’s gorgeous home and be inspired by her fresh take on it. Enjoy!

(images: bob o’connor)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on October 30, 2009

1. Afi commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:14am

OMG! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Her home is just GORGEOUS!!! I can spend hours looking around places like this :P Too nosy!! :))
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Snail 10/33 =-.

2. Sophie @ Century Finds commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 11:52am

I find Jenn Ski’s home truly inspirational. Such delightful mix of color and form. I especially love that she has taken mid century pieces yet the effect is that she has not taken herself too seriously. It makes for a bright and fun atmosphere. I would love to throw parties there!
    .-= Sophie @ Century Finds´s last blog ..Teeny Tiny Giveaways 22 – Fabric for Repurposing =-.

3. Ann commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 3:08pm

Love, love, love her aesthetic! Looks like a happy place to be. We are fixing up a rented apartment and looking around at a fixer-upper house to buy, and this makes me so excited about what’s ahead! I want to enjoy my living space like she obviously does.

As a fun side note, my husband published a song inspired by the colors from his childhood…it’s called “orange, brown and green.” It’s on iTunes or through http://www.ursusmalursus.com. Fun coincidence!

Thanks for introducing Jenn Ski’s eye, and so many other talented folks. Decor8 is my treat to myself at the end of the day! xoxo

4. Debbie commented
    October 30th, 2009 at 5:00pm

I absolutely love what she has done with her space! The colors, the vignettes – oh my! if I went to her house, I wouldn’t want to leave!
    .-= Debbie´s last blog ..Crown & Crumpet….like a kid in a candy store =-.

5. Mina commented
    October 31st, 2009 at 2:15pm

Lovely. Super inspirational!! : ) I love her work too. : )
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Bohemian Vintage Friday – 10.30.2009 – New Finds! =-.

6. bomobob commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:30am

Simply gorgeous. Most of my house is done in mid-century orange and brown. It’s popular simply because it reminds us of a very optimistic time, when everything was “space age”! I love love love those funky dishes especially!