Books + Magazines

Appliqué Your Way

November 4, 2009

I’m so excited to share this news with you today, in fact I couldn’t wait until my copy of Appliqué Your Way arrived for this very reason! If you flip it over you’ll read my praises on the back of Katie Terry’s beautiful new book. Thank you so much Kayte for asking me to be a part of this, I’m honored. And in addition to the projects, the photography is gorgeous and were taken by the extremely talented Jennifer Causey.

Appliqué Your Way

Appliqué Your Way

Appliqué Your Way

I started following Kayte’s work through her blog years back, then I met her in person at a craft fair in Brooklyn back in ’07 and instantly felt a creative connection — she is talented and very humble about it, which I appreciate so much because even in the craft world there can be snobs.  After meeting, Kayte and I worked on a project for a magazine shoot and so I felt confident in supplying a quote for that reason — I felt like I was in the position to give it since I knew her work a little more personally from that experience. Again Kayte, thank you for including me.

If you want a super inspiring, beautiful book all about the art of appliqué — then this book is for you. There are so many things you can embellish in your home including pillows, tea towels, handbags and clothing that you’ll most likely go on a appliqué spree! I can’t wait to try out a few of her ideas. Yay!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Pi November 4, 2009 at 7:04 am

I have just found the first book for my ‘Have to have list for 2010′.
    Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Pi´s last blog ..A landscape of mind: Paintings by Renee Robbins =-.

• Reply Make, Do & Send November 4, 2009 at 7:18 am

oooh this is going on my christmas list for sure! i love craft books with a modern twist on handmade projects.

• Reply juliette November 4, 2009 at 7:21 am

looks fun – adding to my Christmas book wishlisht!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Free Printable: 2010 Calendar =-.

• Reply pinkpresent November 4, 2009 at 8:24 am

thanks for mentioning this book – i just ordered it from amazon – i appreciate the link…i read your blog everyday…i love it!

• Reply 31everything November 4, 2009 at 8:36 am

Wonderful! Congrats! I want a copy of that book too :)
    .-= 31everything´s last blog ..Mom’s Scarf Recycled =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 4, 2009 at 9:58 am

That is SO great hun! congratulations!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

• Reply Megan November 4, 2009 at 10:53 am

Congratulations!
    I saw this book the other day at Borders and love it! It’s on my Christmas list. :)

• Reply Julieann November 4, 2009 at 6:15 pm

What a fabulous looking book! Congrats!
    .-= Julieann´s last blog ..Scouting – Iron Beds under $1000 =-.

• Reply Penny Patten November 4, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Looks interesting! and fun
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..My Grand Children in Alaska =-.

• Reply Kiran November 4, 2009 at 10:28 pm

I love this :)
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Orbbies: Orlando’s Rockin’ Blogs =-.

• Reply Kellie November 4, 2009 at 10:34 pm

ooooo it’s on the list!! look at the cute apples bag!! heart!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..Christmas Holiday Gift Tags =-.

• Reply Jacqueline November 5, 2009 at 8:30 am

Oh my i adore applique…and this looks like a really good and fun book fill with inspirations! Thank you so much for sharing this! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog .."Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue =-.

• Reply Chelsea November 5, 2009 at 10:54 am

Cute cute!! Looks like a fun book!
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..Etsy Bliss =-.

• Reply Anastasia November 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Allison is so lovely and her shop and brand are amazing – id love to visit her cute little shop one day even though she’s a good 14hour drive away from Sydney….

• Reply jamieofalltrades November 9, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Oooo… I love doing applique. It’s so easy but makes such a difference.
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..green chilies quiche =-.