Appliqué Your Way

I’m so excited to share this news with you today, in fact I couldn’t wait until my copy of Appliqué Your Way arrived for this very reason! If you flip it over you’ll read my praises on the back of Katie Terry’s beautiful new book. Thank you so much Kayte for asking me to be a part of this, I’m honored. And in addition to the projects, the photography is gorgeous and were taken by the extremely talented Jennifer Causey.

applique

praise

Quoted...

I started following Kayte’s work through her blog years back, then I met her in person at a craft fair in Brooklyn back in ’07 and instantly felt a creative connection — she is talented and very humble about it, which I appreciate so much because even in the craft world there can be snobs.  After meeting, Kayte and I worked on a project for a magazine shoot and so I felt confident in supplying a quote for that reason — I felt like I was in the position to give it since I knew her work a little more personally from that experience. Again Kayte, thank you for including me.

If you want a super inspiring, beautiful book all about the art of appliqué — then this book is for you. There are so many things you can embellish in your home including pillows, tea towels, handbags and clothing that you’ll most likely go on a appliqué spree! I can’t wait to try out a few of her ideas. Yay!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on November 04, 2009

1. Pi commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 7:04am

I have just found the first book for my ‘Have to have list for 2010′.
    Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Pi´s last blog ..A landscape of mind: Paintings by Renee Robbins =-.

2. Make, Do & Send commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 7:18am

oooh this is going on my christmas list for sure! i love craft books with a modern twist on handmade projects.

3. juliette commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 7:21am

looks fun – adding to my Christmas book wishlisht!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Free Printable: 2010 Calendar =-.

4. pinkpresent commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 8:24am

thanks for mentioning this book – i just ordered it from amazon – i appreciate the link…i read your blog everyday…i love it!

5. 31everything commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 8:36am

Wonderful! Congrats! I want a copy of that book too :)
    .-= 31everything´s last blog ..Mom’s Scarf Recycled =-.

6. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 9:58am

That is SO great hun! congratulations!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

7. Megan commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:53am

Congratulations!
    I saw this book the other day at Borders and love it! It’s on my Christmas list. :)

8. Julieann commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 6:15pm

What a fabulous looking book! Congrats!
    .-= Julieann´s last blog ..Scouting – Iron Beds under $1000 =-.

9. Penny Patten commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 7:34pm

Looks interesting! and fun
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..My Grand Children in Alaska =-.

10. Kiran commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:28pm

I love this :)
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Orbbies: Orlando’s Rockin’ Blogs =-.

11. Kellie commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:34pm

ooooo it’s on the list!! look at the cute apples bag!! heart!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..Christmas Holiday Gift Tags =-.

12. Jacqueline commented
    November 5th, 2009 at 8:30am

Oh my i adore applique…and this looks like a really good and fun book fill with inspirations! Thank you so much for sharing this! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog .."Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue =-.

13. Chelsea commented
    November 5th, 2009 at 10:54am

Cute cute!! Looks like a fun book!
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..Etsy Bliss =-.

14. Anastasia commented
    November 5th, 2009 at 8:45pm

Allison is so lovely and her shop and brand are amazing – id love to visit her cute little shop one day even though she’s a good 14hour drive away from Sydney….

15. jamieofalltrades commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 4:10pm

Oooo… I love doing applique. It’s so easy but makes such a difference.
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..green chilies quiche =-.