Books + Magazines, Inspiration

Inspired by BoligLiv {again}

November 6, 2009

I just received an email update from BoligLiv magazine in Denmark and was reminded to pop over and check out their current issue. I nearly died when I came across the home of Danish designer Sonja Wolffbrandt Christensen featured in their current issue. There is nothing about it that I do not find lovely and charming. It’s just alllll good.

Inspired by BoligLiv {again}

After some research, I learned that Sonja either was or still is in business with Dianna Wittig, also a designer, and together they create pretty girly things for their lingerie brand, Viola Sky in Copenhagen. I tried to find a website for Viola Sky but the one I located was down. And I couldn’t located a site for Sonja… AND I couldn’t find out the name of the photographer who shot her home for BoligLiv so unfortunately these are the only views of the home that I could find online. But I think they’re impressive enough… now I wish I had the actual issue!

Now I want the floral wallpaper for my bedroom… it looks really familiar. Is it Cole & Son or Designers Guild, perhaps? If you have the issue, can you please check for me?

(images: boligliv)

10 Comments

• Reply Carina November 6, 2009 at 7:25 am

Hi Holly –

the wall paper is from Osbourne & Little. It is called ‘Asuka’.

Not sure who did the photos, but it looks like the article is by Kristine Meyer and Sabine Lavigne. http://www.meyerlavigne.dk/index.html
    Viola Sky was a shop in Copenhagen but it is now closed.

Hope that helps! :-)
    .-= Carina´s last blog ..Beauty + preparations =-.

• Reply decor8 November 6, 2009 at 7:50 am

Carina – BIG help. Thank you honey!!! Have a lovely weekend!

• Reply Caroline November 6, 2009 at 7:28 am

I just love your blog. It is so inspirational.

Happy Friday to you and you and you!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Skogen =-.

• Reply caro November 6, 2009 at 7:29 am

What a beautiful home. And I love Bolig! A few weeks ago we were in sweden and I have bought this mag at the airport. It’s so sad that there does not exist in Germany.
    .-= caro´s last blog ..Etsy Etsy Etsy =-.

• Reply decor8 November 6, 2009 at 7:49 am

Caro – I agree. We don’t get ANY magazines here in Hannover from Scandinavia and I don’t get it — I can drive to the border of Denmark in 3 hours or less. I asked the staff in the Virgin store here and also in Quickpress and they didn’t have much of an answer for me. The Virgin store said that they get lots of requests for these magazines but the drivers don’t bring them. No clue what that meant.

• Reply Shanon November 6, 2009 at 11:26 am

Oooooh! That bedroom is making me feel like I really really really need a blue painted table. Gosh, I need to hit up some auctions again. Thanks for the reminder! ; )
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Happy! =-.

• Reply Karen November 6, 2009 at 11:45 am

Actually, you can order the magazine from their website and they will deliver to your home! http://www.boligliv.dk/abonnement-iframe-statisk/
    Not quite cheap, but a monthly nice surprise in the letterbox!

• Reply Marianne November 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for the tip. The photo’s are really lovely. I am considering taking a subscription for 3 issues.
    .-= Marianne´s last blog ..{Crab Cacti} =-.

• Reply {this is glamorous} November 9, 2009 at 3:05 pm

osborne & little’s asuka is an absolute favourite! had just been putting together a collection of rooms with this wallcovering and will, of course, include the top room as well:

hope you had a lovely weekend,
    xo
    .-= {this is glamorous}´s last blog ..{give-away: smokey quartz faceted earrings} =-.

• Reply judy August 12, 2010 at 5:51 pm

yes wallpaper from osborne and little. I have my whole bedroom wallpapered in this pattern and I drool still after three years everytime I walk into my bedroom!!! There are a few different colorways to choose from. Mine is in the beige/silver combo. Absolutely love it. If you want to view this color, my home is featured on Apartment Therapy, (in search engine type in ‘Judy’s sunny stylish home’)