Shopgirl Visits: Black & Spiro

Ready to travel with me again today back down to Australia, only this time to view another store that focuses less on the little ones and more on sophisticated, elegant design for those who only desire the best… Oh yes, we shall visit the store of blogger and interior designer Anna Spiro photographed by Jillian Leiboff. Anna shared her home on decor8 not that long ago, do you recall? If not, click this link and brace yourself. It’s that good.

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

It doesn’t seem fair that Anna can have such a gorgeous home and shop now does it? :) Some people are living the good life and this is what inspires me to stay on course with my own goals and dreams – the good examples of others who work hard to realize their dreams. We all deserve to live the life we desire and it’s nice to see those who live real and live larger than life. To me, this is Anna Spiro. She’s just barely over thirty-years-old and has already accomplished so much in her life. Check out her retail store Black & Spiro. Isn’t this grand?

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

Shop Tour: Black & Spiro

What do you see that you’d love to own? I like the lamps best and that darling pink and white chair. I love all of the ethnic prints and patterns… it’s like taking a trip around the world just stepping through her doors.

Thank you Anna for the tour, and thank you Jillian for the inspiring photographs that you took and sent in to me. I greatly appreciate that you’ve shared your visit to Black & Spiro with all of us here today. Readers, Jillian talks about her visit to B&S on her blog if you’d like to read it.

(images: jillian leiboff)

Posted by decor8 in Shopgirl Visits on November 06, 2009

1. Jacqueline commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 8:53am

Such gorgeous photos! I love all those lovely prints and patterns, and and those lovely pillows and that 2 white small side table! Lovely! :) Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog .."Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue =-.

2. Mina commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 8:56am

I love her shop!! I just got a great idea for my shop from these photos! Wallpapering the ceiling! Love it! : ) Thanks for sharing!!

Mina
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Bohemian Wednesday – 11.04.2009 – Rotary Phones =-.

3. Chelsea commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:08am

Awesome phots! I love that lamp shade, and all the great colors. I could bathe in the beauty of that fabric! Trip to Australia anyone…anyone?
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..The Bike Man Bliss =-.

4. Karen M. Andersen commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:11am

YAY, you featured Anna again Holly…and another Aussie :D It’s so great that you embrace our design ethos. I wish that there was more of it on the www. Thank you Holly!

I live about 3 hour’s drive north from Anna’s shop. I would dearly love to visit it when I am in Brisbane next. I have long been a fan of hers, ever since I first spied her in “Real Living” magazine. That was a while ago now! Her blog is amazing too…so gorgeous. And I just adore all of her cushions! Seriously inspires me.

Speaking of “Real Living”, what did you think of the latest issue? I L.O.V.E.D. it! I am definitely doing some of their Christmas decor ideas in my home this year. BRILLIANT!

Karen xx

5. decor8 commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:23am

Karen I LOVED it too. I mean, what a refreshing change. I subscribed, despite that it cost a small fortune, and I’m so happy that I did. I also subscribed to Frankie, though I’m a little older than their tween to twentysomething demographic. But I find their layouts and photography so inspiring. And yes, I absolutely embrace the design in your country, at least the design I see in your magazines and on your blogs. How could anyone NOT?!?

6. Kristen commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:25am

True eye candy with all those beautiful colors! Wishing this store was closer to me so that I could wander through and daydream. :)

7. natasha commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:44am

I agree with you, she has remarkable house!
    .-= natasha´s last blog ..?????????. =-.

8. Hilary commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 10:58am

that black wallpaper is delicious!
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Simply Inspired by the Shakers =-.

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 11:33am

Gorgeous! Her home and her shop….and that pink ikat chair is going to haunt me in my dreams….:)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Little Black Fences =-.

10. edwina commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 12:21pm

thanks holly for featuring one of my favorite interior designers !! I adore Anna’s ecletic colourful style !!

11. Adventures in Dressmaking commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 1:50pm

LOVE the funky lamps and ikat chair!!! I am always on the hunt for weird and ugly lamps at the thrift stores. Spray paint can sometimes transform them into cute ones, and I am loving the looks of these great bases with super fun shades!
    .-= Adventures in Dressmaking´s last blog ..Amy Karol from Angry Chicken in person! =-.

12. Lizzie commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 5:42pm

I am obsessed with her gorgeous lamp shades and lamps! Just beautiful!

13. simplygrove commented
    November 6th, 2009 at 9:02pm

Love her and love her shop!!!
    .-= simplygrove´s last blog ..3 things to love…. Feeling like a kid. =-.

14. Kelly@Color Sizzle commented
    November 7th, 2009 at 12:37am

Wow! So many pretty fabrics and colors! I really love all of the lampshades. I could just move right into their store and live there!
    .-= Kelly@Color Sizzle´s last blog ..I’m Featured In The Washington Post! =-.

15. tyna commented
    November 7th, 2009 at 3:15pm

Simply stunning! I love how the whole place is bursting with color, yet there’s nothing jarring or over the top – it’s just right. I’m obsessed with vintage lamps – I want every shade I see. Plus, I’m always happy to see some books scattered around a home – you need something to read when you curl up into that pink and white upholstered chair!
    .-= tyna´s last blog ..Green Monday recipe – Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie =-.

16. kolorowanki commented
    November 7th, 2009 at 3:28pm

Wonderful Shop!!! Lovely

17. Mila commented
    November 7th, 2009 at 4:49pm

Wow, this is so beautiful and inspiring…
    I wish i could visit that shop immediately!

Thanks for sharing all the beauty,

have a lovely day,

Mila.
    .-= Mila´s last blog ..For the Love of Tape =-.

18. Ana commented
    November 8th, 2009 at 6:43am

I LOVE the pink & white chair, the pink & white sofa and am wondering if the blue & pink curtain is also for sale, and where I would use, but I loved it!!!

(I am afraid, though, my husband will think is way too much pink… hihihi)

xx,
    A.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..abobrinha de forno =-.

19. Anna Spiro commented
    November 8th, 2009 at 6:00pm

Hi Holly,

A huge thank you to you for featuring my store on your blog and also to Jillian for taking the beautiful photos!

xo
    Anna
    .-= Anna Spiro´s last blog ..I Love Her Dress Too!! =-.

20. Mirella Cruciani commented
    November 8th, 2009 at 11:38pm

Gorgeous! I loved everything, the store and her home. And I love your blog “Absolutely beautiful things” too.
    .-= Mirella Cruciani´s last blog ..Móveis para áreas externas =-.

21. Penny Patten commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:22am

The love seat and the lamps, are what stands out to me. A lovely space.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Nature’s Beauty =-.

22. honey living commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 12:02pm

STUNNING! i did a post on anna’s amazing work not too long ago…check it out. i especially love how her incredible use of color highlights white as its own very special color. that’s mainly what i posted about:

.-= honey living´s last blog ..not exactly nailing it =-.

23. Taylor commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 1:43am

WOW! I love it! Does ANYONE know what brand or a similar brand that the star ceiling wall paper is… INCREDIBLE!!!

24. vanilla commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 7:52pm

I love colorful houses and decorations. It reminds me happiness and carefree moments. That kind of items gives me a lot of energy and motivation to arrange my house this way :)
    vanilla´s last blog post ..Grandmas chairs