Blafre Design

I read about Norwegian designer Ingrid Eroy Fagerviks from Blafre Design over on the Frau Haselmayer blog and I can’t stop looking at Ingrid’s home! I especially love the arrangements of things. Recently photographed by Elisabeth Sperre Alnes for Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet Sondag and published this past July , here are a few views of her colorful space to inspire your own decorating ideas today…

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

And by the way, if you wonder what the word Bad is doing over the light switch, it means Bath (or bathroom).  Here are a few more views, this time taken by Ingrid of her hallway and also photos of some of her products.

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

Blafre Design

And if you’d like to learn more about Ingrid and her inspiring paper goods and decorative home products, please visit her beautiful blog.

(images: Elisabeth Sperre Alnes and Blafre Design)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on November 09, 2009

1. Natalie commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 7:06am

A gorgeous mix of retro patterns!

2. 31everything commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 7:24am

Love, love, love everything of Ingrid’s! Super cute & happy! Thanks for sharing :) I’m off to check out her blog!
    .-= 31everything´s last blog ..Memo Board Jewelry “Box” =-.

3. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 7:32am

What a delightful house! the bedroom ceiling lamp is simply gorgeous!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..Time flies when you are having fun! =-.

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 9:27am

How lovely, happy and colorful! I adore that light in the bedroom and the fabrics and prints. So fun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by a golden photograph… =-.

5. Becky commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 9:59am

The gray walls in the first and second pictures are TO DIE FOR. Augh! Everything here is just so perfect. :D
    .-= Becky´s last blog ..Why do you write? =-.

6. Courtney commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:19am

That bag in the first photo is just beautiful! I’m really loving the light fixtures as well. What a wonderfully happy home.
    .-= Courtney´s last blog ..Fashion Forward: Apple Daydreams =-.

7. Fresh Design Blog commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:24am

It’s great to look around a designer’s house! Love the cushion and especially the nose around the cupboard. Interesting to note that she owns the same daisy bowls that we recently featured on our blog – http://www.freshdesignblog.com/2009/09/rose-and-grey-daisy-china/
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Jali Indian quilt from Berry Red =-.

8. B commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:37am

Where can I get a colorful lampshade like the one in the 6th picture? I now feel like I will die without one.
    .-= B´s last blog ..Second to None: Up in the Air Somewhere =-.

9. Kitchen of the Princess commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:42am

a beautiful “modern retro” home – especially the “bird wallpaper” and ceiling light are great!

10. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:50am

Agree with you, Courtney!

That bag, ohhhhh, that bag! Reminds me of my mother’s purse and how I used to take it and play dress up all the time with it. Childhood comes back!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Armed and Aproned =-.

11. Brandi commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 11:30am

I love that white light shade in the second photograph. And all the colors! It’s just too much fun. I always appreciate it when people are bold and willing to do something different.
    .-= Brandi´s last blog ..Autumn by the Shore =-.

12. Clare Swindlehurst commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 12:07pm

My grandma used to have a unit like that one on the wall when we were kids. Makes you wish it had never been thrown out seeing it in such a lovely context!

13. Jeanette commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 1:16pm

Love her home and work!
    And I love Sandra Juto´s work and blog too. I´m so happy that you posted about two of my absolute favorite blog-ladies the last days. They deserve all the publicity they can get :)
    .-= Jeanette´s last blog ..SISTERS =-.

14. Astrid commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 1:39pm

Yay for beautiful Norwegian design!
    .-= Astrid´s last blog ..black & white, part I =-.

15. Terri Conrad commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 2:22pm

LOVE the vignette with the shelf, hand bag. Very Anthropologie!
    .-= Terri Conrad´s last blog ..Feather Your Nest with Terri Conrad Designs =-.

16. Anna commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 3:59pm

Just love this house – not taking itself too seriously but achieving beautiful design at the same time.

I am sure my parents had a table cloth in the purple fabric used to make the lightshade. May have to gatecrash them this weekend and try and dig it out!
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..My evening ahead…. =-.

17. will commented
    November 9th, 2009 at 9:18pm

i’m glad you explained that “BAD” sign…i was wondering…because that gorgeous wallpaper is good good good!

18. Susan commented
    November 10th, 2009 at 12:00am

What a happy place! Thank you for sharing!

xox,
    Susan

confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Something there is that doesn’t love a wall… =-.

19. Etincelle commented
    November 10th, 2009 at 12:23am

I love that cushion! does someone know where I can find a similar one?… I can’t read the label of this one.
    Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Babushka Comfort Doll – Zaza =-.

20. Michelle commented
    November 10th, 2009 at 8:17pm

So, I absolutely love the paper with the little owls on it. The website says it’s 30,00 kr. I can’t find a currency converter for that, how much does that translate to in US. Just curious. I could translate the webpage, but not the currency. The whole thing is just lovely, thanks for sharing! :)

21. Maryah commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 8:44pm

I just fell in love with that bird wallpaper – omg , must source it! I’ll start by looking on her blog, but if you know anything, please share!

22. Kicki commented
    November 15th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Michelle- 30,00kr I guess it’s norwegian crowns, about 6 USD.
    Maryah- The wallpaper is english: http://www.louisebodywallprint.com/

Could not agree more! It’s a lovely lovely home she’s got!
    Being a swedish blogger I must say that the norwegians know what they’re doing.
    .-= Kicki´s last blog ..The birdwinner =-.

23. Penny Patten commented
    November 16th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Oh I love the wall paper, and the Owl paper is sooo cute! I can’t wait to check out her Blog.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Nature’s Beauty =-.

24. sunny commented
    November 18th, 2009 at 4:29pm

Now this is my kind of house tour! Bright and personalized……. a lot like the house tours on DosFamily. WOO HOO! :) I’ll have to check out her blog!
    .-= sunny´s last blog ..bursts of color =-.

25. Rachel commented
    November 22nd, 2009 at 8:15pm

Amei tudo que vi por aqui…

Forte abraço!!!