Rooms

Milly Design Studio

November 10, 2009

Stop whatever it is that you are doing. Just stop. :) Now slowly scroll down and take in all of this gorgeousness because let me tell you, the Milly design studio of fashionista Michelle Smith as featured in the gorgeous pages of Traditional Home magazine will have you inspired.

Milly Design Studio

What a fantastic workspace, and furthermore, what gorgeous clothing — my goodness I need Michelle to make over my wardrobe quick! I want one of everything. If only my wallet would allow for such luxury. But the eye candy that is her work studio in Manhattan has my eyes bulging at the moment. That light! That space! That view! And all of that white with bright, fruity colors! Can it be that my dream studio does exist, because um… I think I just found it.

Milly Design Studio

I wanted my studio to reflect the style of Milly–clean, smart, sexy, and glamorous,” says Michelle, creator of polished designs with exuberant dashes of unexpected hues that have flattered the figures of celebrities such as Thandie Newton, Kelly Ripa, Anne Hathaway, and Beyoncé Knowles. – Traditional Home.

Well Michelle, you’ve nailed the look. From the sexy Sputnik chandelier to that fancy pants sofa, how could anyone not feel inspired in a space like this? What do you think? You can read all about Michelle’s style tips over on the Traditional Home website so please, go check it out!

(photographs: Squire Fox for Traditional Home)

39 Comments

• Reply Lindsay @ Likely Design November 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm

GORGEOUS!! I love all of the seating – graphic prints on traditional furniture is my favorite!!

(So much prettier than what I’m blogging about today, LOL!)
    .-= Lindsay @ Likely Design´s last blog ..{DIY} Septic Tank Box: Part 1 =-.

• Reply Antoinette November 10, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Absolutely adorable studio! So clean and fresh. Loving this eye candy!
    .-= Antoinette´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Traditions | What’s Yours? =-.

• Reply Elaine R. November 10, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I agree this is very inspiring, natural ligh with a beautiful veiw….
    I love the ghost chairs haven’t seen that shape before, does anyone know a wholesale soure for the ghost chairs…

• Reply Fresh Design Blog November 10, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Yes, she’s definitely nailed the look! It looks like a cool, calm, refreshing and inspiring space.

• Reply Autumn November 10, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I am a HUGE Milly fan! She’s been a big influence in my work, so it is such a treat to get a peak at her creative environment. Thanks Holly!

• Reply Lourdes November 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm

GORGEOUS studio!!!!

• Reply jennifer ramos November 10, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Ok, here i am again…spying on her sofa!
    .-= jennifer ramos´s last blog ..Luke Valhe…..Fifth Season Design =-.

• Reply Jennifer November 10, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Sigh, so lovely and inspiring!!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..New vintage Etsy purchase and some things I’m loving =-.

• Reply Red Lipstick Style November 10, 2009 at 5:16 pm

so beautiful, I just swoon. And she is gorgeous as well! I love her studio.

• Reply Jillian November 10, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Wow, those fabrics are unbelievable.
    .-= Jillian´s last blog ..Friday Flickr Favorites =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 10, 2009 at 6:36 pm

beautiful! Just beautiful….
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Wow….. =-.

• Reply Jan November 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Totally has the WOW factor !
    .-= Jan´s last blog ..? Lisa Lichtenfel =-.

• Reply pam November 10, 2009 at 7:03 pm

beautiful studio! I would inspired to create all the time. Lucky!

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee November 10, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Great design studio! I have a couple of her dresses – beautiful, but a little short!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Dinner Guest – Top 10 Hostess Gifts Under $40 =-.

• Reply julie November 10, 2009 at 7:58 pm

LOVE all that beautiful natural light!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..remember =-.

• Reply blue bicicletta November 10, 2009 at 8:39 pm

What light! I am jealous of that studio!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Art as Play =-.

• Reply Melynda November 10, 2009 at 10:17 pm

You are right…TOTALLY inspired! I just glance at these pictures and sigh, I would love to work in a place so lovely…is she hiring?
    .-= Melynda´s last blog ..More from the ‘Baby Shower Tower’ =-.

• Reply cassandra @ coco+kelley November 11, 2009 at 12:07 am

YUMMMMM!!! that lighting with those fabrics… it’s all so fresh! I love :)

• Reply A Sort Of Fairy Tale November 11, 2009 at 12:33 am

i have loved Milly clothes for years! they are so authentic to the era that inspires them and the craftsmanship is exquisite. i only wish i could justify buying any of the pieces on my budget…sigh. the studio is every bit as beautiful as the clothes!
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog ..Austen, Dickens, and Wilde, Oh My! =-.

• Reply Anthony Terry November 11, 2009 at 3:28 am

beautiful

• Reply Nem November 11, 2009 at 3:59 am

How wonderful and how full of light. :) And I’d kill for a sofa like that… (O.o)
    .-= Nem´s last blog ..I Miss You =-.

• Reply packrat November 11, 2009 at 6:10 am

I’ll not leave this studio for 24 hours ! it’s so lovely
    .-= packrat´s last blog ..Friends and the ship . =-.

• Reply Chelsea November 11, 2009 at 7:59 am

So lovely! I love the great graphic prints against the white walls, and all the natural light! LOVE IT!
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..Hump Day Bliss =-.

• Reply Nataschia November 11, 2009 at 8:15 am

Mmmmmm… delicious! Who wouldn’t want a space like that! I have an adorable settee… I’ve been inspired to get it reupholstered in a fun print!!
    Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply Jacqueline November 11, 2009 at 9:46 am

Yep i did as you said…stop and scroll! WOW gorgeous studio and i adore her dresses…especially the one she is wearing! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..on the mend…finally…I think =-.

• Reply ROOM design studio November 11, 2009 at 10:11 am

I know dont you just want her boutique!!! I once posted about it and I totally adore her designs as well!!

• Reply Jess LC November 11, 2009 at 10:47 am

Wow, this is such an inspiring design studio, it makes me want to push my own boundaries when it comes to my studio as well! Thank you for sharing such an inspirational space.

• Reply Claudia November 11, 2009 at 10:53 am

Oh my goodness- gorgeous! I love seeing insider’s studio spaces… so inspirational. I’d get so much done in a place like that!
    .-= Claudia´s last blog ..nendo for moleskine detour exhibition =-.

• Reply thedoodlegirl November 11, 2009 at 10:56 am

oh WOW. What a studio! It is totally inspiring!!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Illustration Friday: Blur =-.

• Reply Susannah November 11, 2009 at 11:03 am

Does anyone have a source for the sputnik style chandelier?

• Reply Hilary November 11, 2009 at 11:45 am

That sofa is too cute! I love the shape and the fluffy cushions.
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Shop Etsy Jewelry: ALatvian =-.

• Reply Carmella November 11, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Fabulous studio! The sofa, the chair in those fun fabrics? Yes!!
    .-= Carmella´s last blog ..So, On We Go =-.

• Reply Miss B November 11, 2009 at 3:13 pm

What an inspiration!!!! LOVE IT!
    .-= Miss B´s last blog ..LAVISH GIVING =-.

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter November 11, 2009 at 3:14 pm

I want to grab those bolts of fabric and, welllllll, bolt with them.

I’m such a Milly fan – even love the vintage label inside her clothes.

I wore a sundress of hers to my bridal shower and it was the highlight of everyone’s day: bright, bold, and fun.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Crafting Coupledom =-.

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative November 11, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Gorgeous studio and colors. I absolutely love the chandelier in the first photo…so unique with the feather/leaf sections!
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Shade of Grey =-.

• Reply chess November 11, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Actually, this is my first time to visit your blog and I did enjoy reading every post and looking to those stunning photos. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• Reply wini November 12, 2009 at 6:24 pm

What a gorgeous studio, I love everything about it, and the fabrics are divine! Michelle looks stunning too in that beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    .-= wini´s last blog ..The Wheels of Change and finding Balance =-.

• Reply Hilda November 18, 2009 at 5:05 am

The studio is great!

• Reply jamieofalltrades November 26, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I love Milly! Thanks for the inside peak!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..cupcake sign from three potato four =-.