Aniek Meelijk’s Tea Time

I was so blown away by the gorgeous tea time set created by Dutch designer Aniek Meelijk that I saw today on Design Spotter. Wow. “One warm spring afternoon on the garden table she sees more than her own tea set. She discovered that its shadows could not be separated from the shapes of the set and that they constantly played their own game with them.” This was what inspired her Tea Time collection! Don’t you love this rather mundane observation turning into something so grand?

Aniek Meelijk’s Tea Time

What innovation and creativity…

I wonder when and where it will be available for sale? I think it’s perfect for Alice in Wonderland! :)

If you want to learn more about Aniek, you can visit her blog here.

(image: aniek Meelijk)

Posted by decor8 in ceramics on November 11, 2009

1. Miss B commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 3:18pm

I agree very Alice in Wonderland meets Neue sort of thing. Great find as usual!
    .-= Miss B´s last blog ..R.I.P. MET HOME… =-.

2. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 4:19pm

What a lovely idea and such a magical outcome!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

3. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 4:39pm

These belong in the Museum of Art and Design here in NY. So clever to meld the actual item with the shape that it casts off. To make the object and the space surrounding it into one visual form.

I love these new ways of looking at the everyday.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Crafting Coupledom =-.

4. A Sort Of Fairy Tale commented
    November 11th, 2009 at 10:49pm

very alice in wonderland-y !
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog ..What I Want Wednesday 11/11 =-.

5. Mon Cherie commented
    November 12th, 2009 at 12:20am

These are completely Alice in Wonderland. Now, if they only came in bright colors and patterns.
    .-= Mon Cherie´s last blog .."The World I Know" =-.

6. Ashling commented
    November 12th, 2009 at 6:35am

How unusual and quirky, I can just imagine the faces on my friends and families if I served them tea from those cups. Its wonderful to see some creativity. As they is no colours either it makes them look quite elegant.

All things nice…

7. Amanda commented
    November 12th, 2009 at 7:00am

Lovely, I just adore anything to do with teatime. Have a look at a wonderful South African designer’s work on http://www.homebakes.co.za. I have a couple of her pieces which are utterly delightful.

8. Lieke commented
    November 12th, 2009 at 10:08am

how funny, I went to school with her sister. But her name is spelt wrong, it’s Meeldijk.

9. Megnificent Made commented
    November 14th, 2009 at 6:17pm

Oh beautiful! My mom and I have a huge collection of tea pots, but I just love this whole set!
    .-= Megnificent Made´s last blog ..Matte Finish =-.

10. Kerry commented
    December 9th, 2012 at 7:43pm

Are these available to buy?