Interiors

Bloomingville by TrendKompagniet

November 13, 2009

So. I’ve been trying to locate a silver or black mirror to go above my dresser and I found a lovely one at Esplanade (a store in my neighborhood) and when I flipped it over I noticed the brand: Bloomingville. Hmmmm I thought. I googled it and found their website which has many beautiful products from Danish company TrendKompagniet. Bloomingville is part of their company specializing in home goods.

Bloomingville by TrendKompagniet

If you pay attention to the details, you may notice subtle differences from how you arrange things in your part of the world. In northern Germany where I live, this one of many styles for seasonal decor, one of many because you have (like any country) lots of people with a variety of tastes and backgrounds so the decor varies by home. But, this is one style that is very popular in the part of the city where I live — I find shops with many of these products or ones identical to them. Some of these accessories include mercury glass, candles in many shades, white porcelain, and the colors gray and lilac along with many ethnic influences and details like punched tin and sweet little motifs — deer, mushrooms and snowflakes to name a few.

My friends like to use found items for decorating too – and traditional pine is another element brought into the home and displayed on a coffee table next to a platter or included in a floral arrangement for instance. Candles are used very informally, not just for fancy dinner parties or special occasions. I have candles burning most days — they warm the heart and heat the space. I love candles and burn them twice as much now that I live in this part of the world. I have two silver antique candelabras on the windowsill in my living room with gray candles that I love and light almost daily as it starts to get dark now around 4:15 each day. But I like it, the mood is serene and charming.

Bloomingville by TrendKompagniet

Bloomingville by TrendKompagniet

I really, really like the decal accent on the weathered bench above. Did you see that? It is great idea to give a bench a hand painted feel for those who don’t have a steady hand to diy it. Try a decal inside. Brilliant! This makes me like decals a little bit more because I never in my life thought to stick on on a rustic bench.

So, there you have it — Bloomingville products. Do you like this style?

By the way… If you’re a interiors stylist and are lucky enough to live nearby to them in Herning, Denmark well I have good news for you — they’re hiring a product stylist! More information here.

And you love what you see shown above, you can shop for these items on Madam Tut and Landstil.

Soothing and elegant, right?

(images: bloomingville)

40 Comments

• Reply moreen November 13, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Hi there I love your ideas and blog. I need your advice, what do you do with people that copy your ideas and never give you credit for them nor acknowledge you as the one that inspired them. I have seen many get so far ahead on other people backs. do you confront them and ask them to stop or do you just hope that they would go away. I know this sound childish but pls tell me how you handle it I have a menace that I can not seem to get rid of. I come up with all sort of ideas for private clients and they want me to start a web site but I can not seem to overcome the copy cats. pls any advice will help me greatly
    Many thanks

• Reply decor8 November 13, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Moreen — This post is about Bloomingville and decorating so maybe you’ve left your comment on the wrong post? I don’t see how this fits…
      Or are you just asking me to post this as a new discussion topic for the “Talk It Out” column on Thursdays? Just let me know and I’ll see what I can do to help!

• Reply Nikki November 13, 2009 at 2:07 pm

This style has a simple elegance to it. I had to look for the decal on the bench, but once I found it, I wondered how I could have missed it. It’s really a lovely, subtle touch to the bench. All of the images really are swoon worthy!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Whimsical Calligraphy: Fiona Style =-.

• Reply char November 13, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I love this style…my father is Danish and so I have grown up with this style my whole life…it’s a very simple way of living, and many of the homes as you know are painted white and accented with natural colours and silvers.
    Lovely post!
    Char
    .-= char´s last blog ..Once Upon a Time…thanks. =-.

• Reply christina November 13, 2009 at 2:15 pm

So gorgeous. I love the mercury glass and pale tones for the holidays- so lovely and elegant ! I’m so inspired now :)

• Reply Gunn November 13, 2009 at 2:39 pm

So nice to se one of my favorites on youre blog.
    Blogging from Norway I can truky say this is the trend here now.
    We have always been big on rustic wood and taken elements from the nature inside,so I think this style comes very naturally for many of us.

Wish you a nice weekend and hope it is ok to put you on my bloglist…?:)

Best regards
    Gunn

• Reply Frau Mayer November 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Those mushrooms make me cry!
    Esplanade is such a wonderful place (full of mushrooms, of course :) – I totally love the huge closet in the back room. And those evil Rice bowls, standing everywhere, whispering “Buy me”!
    The images remind me of Impressionen as well as Living&More. I definitely like the style, however, I wouldn’t like to live in a catalogue-like place and I’m afraid there are just too many people out there turning their homes into shabby chic clones.
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..My green wall & some stories behind it =-.

• Reply Pixie November 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm

I just swooned…and yes, I used the word “swoon”…went directly to their website, looked at the catalog, swooned yet again. Oh, I wish I could buy there stuff here in the US. Not just the home wares, the catalog had this amazing turtleneck, knit capelet / shrug thingy…I want it! lol
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..2010…Yes, It’s THAT Close =-.

• Reply Julia Finucane November 13, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I absolutely love your blog. I found it through a fellow Etsy shop owners blog. The pictures, shops, and information provided are all very interesting.
    .-= Julia Finucane´s last blog ..Lady Red gift tag, note card, and envelope set =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn November 13, 2009 at 4:12 pm

The colors are gorgeous. Using planter as a candle holder is a genius!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Salt and Pepper =-.

• Reply Annie May November 13, 2009 at 4:39 pm

How cute are those clear boxes with the shoes and the scarves?! I am always looking for clever storage solutions for my shoes. This is great for an entry!
    .-= Annie May´s last blog ..Sneak Peek: Guest Bedroom In Progress =-.

• Reply Kristin November 13, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I DO like the aesthetic captured in the photographs. I’m a big fan of neutrals and natural or bare design with a few hints of indulgence (like the silver items, for instance).
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Have a great weekend! =-.

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee November 13, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Wow! They are lovely and styled to perfection. What a great find – thanks for sharing.

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Friday Find: At Home Letterpress Machine =-.

• Reply Frau Mayer November 13, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Oh, while I am at it – there is a huge mushroom poster (the school biology room kind) at the Bloomingville site but it can’t be found in any online stores… I wonder if they sell it all!
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..My green wall & some stories behind it =-.

• Reply Merissa November 13, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Ooh love the color scheme! And I really love the pretty packages in the first row of the first set! Love!
    .-= Merissa´s last blog ..: Something Made of Paper : =-.

• Reply Christine - Handmade Evolution November 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm

I adore the weathered branches decorated with mushrooms. It’s such a simple, beautiful, and inexpensive idea. For Easter, you can decorate eggs and hang them with ribbon off the branches- it looks magical!
    .-= Christine – Handmade Evolution´s last blog ..Handmade Evolution Launch Contest =-.

• Reply I.Kloske November 14, 2009 at 7:56 am

Hi!
    I definitely like this style. Thanks for sharing it!
    I had my attention caught by the handmade products and solutions. This behavior is environmental friendly. :-) Very nice!
    Regards,

• Reply eve November 14, 2009 at 8:34 am

everything’s so pretty, I just love your blog, so many beautiful things
    .-= eve´s last blog ..Shopper bags =-.

• Reply diana strinati baur November 14, 2009 at 9:44 am

mmmm Northern German Adventzeit. Just before Advent starts, the most beautiful things come out in Northern Germany… as you show here. I remember well those 4 in the afternoon dark moments which I would pass with friends with a pot of hibiscus tea and cookies and lit candles. One thing I do love about Germany is that Advent really and truly means something. Have you seen all the cool ideas for Advent Calenders? Where people make 24 little pockets and gifts for every day out of the most amazing things? Or some of the really gorgeous four-candle Advent wreaths people make (there are a lot of average ones but some are spectacular!)? The atrociously dark days of winter in your corner of the world are really brought to life through the magic of decoration and sharing this time of year– sharing time, tiny gifts, and good cheer.

I became a candle freak in Germany and have never looked back, ever. :)
    Shoenes Wochenende…
    .-= diana strinati baur´s last blog ..Gratitude Friday Two: Maryam from Marrakesh =-.

• Reply michele m November 14, 2009 at 10:36 am

love this style……so natural and rustic………great mix of found objects, and the bench decal idea is fresh and inspiring…in my dining room i have branches in a glass vase and decorate with little birds that i collect as souvenirs of special places

• Reply Mimi November 14, 2009 at 11:30 am

I really love you blog so much with so much of awesome things… love it!!!!

• Reply Mimi November 14, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I really love your blog so much with so much of awesome things… love it!!!!

• Reply Carol Maguire November 14, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Love it!

• Reply Stephanie November 14, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Love all of it.
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Taking it day by day by day… =-.

• Reply Carol Maguire November 14, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Love it!
    .-= Carol Maguire´s last blog ..Painting in Tuscany =-.

• Reply BODIE and FOU November 14, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I love this style, it’s very beautiful yet very relaxing too. The mercure candlesticks we have on B&F are by French company Cote Bastide and they’ve always been very popular. At home I’ve mixed mine with vintage silver one I found at flea markets…

• Reply cary November 14, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I love all the colors or should I say the lack of…all the silver,white and gray makes me crave winter.The silver candle sticks are lovely.
    .-= cary´s last blog ..my art wall… =-.

• Reply Diana November 14, 2009 at 9:56 pm

I love the candles in the second grouping of images – what a great idea for a modern advent wreath.

Heck, I love all of these products! If only their website gave a clearer picture of where they might be available in the US.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Gearing up for the Holidays =-.

• Reply Sandra November 15, 2009 at 11:07 am

I love the style (but since I’m Danish, it’s maybe in my blood :-)). Candles are such an important part of the mood – and especially the Danish “hygge”, which is a special mood you need when you live in a cold, dark place of the world, then you curl up with a warm blanket, warm some cocoa and light the candles. Reading your blog can be “hygge” as well.

• Reply Victoria Zlotkowski November 15, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Sweet and modern! LOVE IT!
    .-= Victoria Zlotkowski´s last blog ..Being tagged…Honest Scrap Award =-.

• Reply Purple Area November 15, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Love these too, really favourites!!
    .-= Purple Area´s last blog ..Tävling med Khaki =-.

• Reply caro November 16, 2009 at 5:12 am

I love bloomingville. And the pictures are so beautiful. By the way, if you are from Germany you can buy Bloomingville products at http://www.shabby.de.
    .-= caro´s last blog ..On my wishlist =-.

• Reply Megan November 16, 2009 at 5:32 am

Yet again i wish i could access more of the awesome products and shops avaliable where you are. Just beautiful. I love the styling as well.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Etsy Headquarters…………ohhh ahhhh what a place to work! =-.

• Reply Chelsea November 16, 2009 at 7:57 am

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the cool site! The pictures make the product look delectable!
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..Big Exciting News Bliss =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 16, 2009 at 9:36 am

ooh, yes! So soothing and elegant! I love the calm and serene quality of it all and of course lilac and grey are always good by me! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..please welcome…. =-.

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter November 16, 2009 at 10:04 am

Mushrooms as decor – love that they’re earthy and fanciful all at once.

I burn candles only to mask cooking odors, but think I’m missing out on their beauty and warmth.

I have several real silver candlesticks sitting in storage. I will take them out and watch the wax build its history as time passes. The burning process almost becomes a method for measuring time – time joyfully spent, that is!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..What-if Fridays =-.

• Reply Mausumi November 16, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I really love Bloomingville! My mum has a store that sell these items, so I can get my hands on what I want basically!

If you are into scandinavian brands, have you checked out House Doctor? I really like all their pretty everyday products!
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..All I want for christmas… =-.

• Reply decor8 November 16, 2009 at 3:51 pm

mausumi — oh yes, ich liebe house doctor!!!

• Reply Hilary November 16, 2009 at 6:12 pm

This style is so nice and soft. Love the grays, i wish Bloomingville was around the corner.
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Guest Room: Monday peak =-.

• Reply Penny Patten November 19, 2009 at 6:18 pm

very pretty!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Plain Brown Sheath Will Become More… =-.