Brandon Kidd Photography

Photographer Brandon Kidd is on my mind today, I found his work recently and wow oh wow, brilliant! He specializes in, “creating dynamic and artistic portraits for events, parties, families and weddings,” and dynamic is right! I was reading his blog today and found so many great photos to share with you from some of the events that he has photographed in locations all over America from California to the deep south.

Brandon Kidd Photography

Brandon Kidd Photography

Brandon Kidd Photography

Brandon Kidd Photography

His photographs are poetic, he definitely has a story in his head and a feeling in his heart when he’s out shooting which directly translates into remarkable photographs — whether it’s the objects he shoots, the angle, the lighting, he brings so much more with him than a camera, a very creative mind that is curious and imaginative. If you have a moment, spend some time on his website and blog today. You’ll instantly see what I mean as you browse his portfolio and read his words, I personally love how excited he gets over an event. In one particular post he talked about all of the eye candy in terms of beautiful objects at a wedding he was shooting that he didn’t know where to begin. His infectious enthusiasm was so evident in those words and directly translated into the photographs because you could feel his energy in them. This is one man I’m bookmarking so I can peek in on his latest projects from time to time. Smitten!

Psst: Some of the above photos are from a wedding that Summer from Grey Likes Weddings, Megan Gonzalez with MaeMae Paperie and Lauryl Lane designed and styled. Such beautiful, soft colors and lots of personal handmade touches! This has to be the most beautiful wedding day I’ve ever seen in photos. Ever. Wow. I’m so impressed!

(images: brandon kidd photography)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on November 13, 2009

1. Nuit commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:14pm

Oh my!, can’t stop staring at soooo MUCH cotton candy gorgeousness! Thanks for this Holly! xo
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..More backsplash you guys!! =-.

2. Afi commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:45pm

WOOOOOOWWW!!! He is amazing! I love his soulful photos and the colors! The filters that he uses on his photos are amazing! SUPER SUPER talented! Thank you Holly, you really feed our mind with the most delicious things! xo
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Moonrise =-.

3. Chelsea commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:51pm

Such soft sweet pictues. It makes me want to work more on my own photography. I wonder how he makes the pictures look so deamy!!
    .-= Chelsea´s last blog ..Christmas Card Bliss =-.

4. mary commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:09pm

Oh, wow. I think I’ve got a new favorite. Amazing, amazing work! And so inspiring.
    .-= mary´s last blog .. =-.

5. Lorrie Bee commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:14pm

I love how delicate his photos are and the use of pastels with white. Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Lorrie Bee´s last blog ..The Gatherer Brooch =-.

6. Victoria Klein commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:32pm

His work is exceptional! I am most engrossed in the lighting/aged-looking tone he uses. Wonder if that is added during editing.

7. leslie commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 3:39pm

Super gorgeous…with such a romantic, festive atmosphere in each and every image…I’m amazed.
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Color Me Pretty Time =-.

8. Joanna commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 3:46pm

I’ve never wanted a photographer to do my (future) wedding more than Brandon Kidd. They’re AMAZING. Thanks for sharing!

9. Carmella commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 3:57pm

Wow! Spend some time at his site? Uh, how about hours?? Couldn’t. Stop. Looking. So beautiful, thanks, Holly!
    .-= Carmella´s last blog ..See =-.

10. Amy - no. 15 creative commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 4:02pm

Gorgeous photos! I like the dreamy vintage feel to them. That last table setting is beautiful with the mismatched chairs and vintage finds.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

11. Karyna commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 4:44pm

Wow, I’m really taken back by these photos! There are just so beautiful & really grab my attention. The photography is so serene, modern yet vintage-inspired. Love the softness and hues! Loove it!
    .-= Karyna´s last blog ..JUST BECAUSE Swirl Card =-.

12. Annie May commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 4:44pm

OH my goodness! I want that wedding dress and the table in the last picture at my wedding! So beautiful!
    .-= Annie May´s last blog ..Sneak Peek: Guest Bedroom In Progress =-.

13. A Sort Of Fairy Tale commented
    November 13th, 2009 at 9:52pm

that is truly the most beautiful event table setting i have ever seen…even the chairs have personality and style! lovely photos.
    .-= A Sort Of Fairy Tale´s last blog ..What I Want Wednesday 11/11 =-.

14. kay* commented
    November 14th, 2009 at 10:41am

what a coincidence! i just came across his work too via photographer Jasmine Star’s blog (she’s one of my faves). She recently photographed Brandon and his fiancee for their engagement pics and has their photos on her blog. beautiful!

15. michaela commented
    November 15th, 2009 at 8:58am

Ooooooh, the gorgeous bright pastel colours, the beautiful arrangements and decor and that light blue dress!

B E A U T I F U L!!

(damn, right now i do regret so much not having a wedding reception when i got married to my husband.)
    .-= michaela´s last blog ..etsy finds (all european) =-.

16. Megan commented
    November 16th, 2009 at 5:36am

I just love the sepia/vintage look that he has created. Just beautiful.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Etsy Headquarters…………ohhh ahhhh what a place to work! =-.

17. Panaiot commented
    November 16th, 2009 at 8:47am

Hi There,

Brandon Kidd is a professional photographer and in the same time he is so close to the public. Brilliant photos. As a enthusiastic photographer I can say that these, somehow overexposed photos, are really impressive. Warm and pleasant colors hues and saturations.

18. celine belle commented
    November 17th, 2009 at 7:38am

wow, it’s magic…
    Very beautiful…

19. Sachiko commented
    November 17th, 2009 at 10:12pm

Lovely! Exactly my type in photos. I am in love yet again.