Objects

Amy Butler Travel Bags

November 18, 2009

I’m always on the look out for laptop bags and covers because I receive so many emails from people looking for stylist ones and I rarely know where to send them. And of course I love coming across cute bags for traveling as I’m sure I’ll eventually need to replace my Orla Kiely luggage. That’s why I’m going to remember Amy Butler the next time I need any of these things. She has just released a new line for Kalencom with her signature bright hues and lush patterns.

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Amy Butler Travel Bags

Gorgeous colors! The line uses organic cotton, low impact dyes, the highest grade leather accents, zippers, & trims, and bulletproof construction — you know, in case you forget to get off the bus at your stop and end up on the wrong side of the tracks (ha ha).

Looking for beautiful fabric to make your own bags and things for the home? Check out Amy’s new Love line!

(images: amy butler design)

45 Comments

• Reply Anna November 18, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Oh, wow! I love these prints, and that blue wheely carry-on with the wheels… want it!

• Reply Anna November 18, 2009 at 4:59 pm

(Dur. Of course the wheely carry-on has wheels. Meant to say ‘with the retractable handle’.)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Getting It Done =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 18, 2009 at 5:03 pm

ooh…these are beautiful! I love them and the vibrant colors and shapes!
    Thanks for the info and now I am going to check out the love line!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Tea & Talk: Ghost Patrol =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn November 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Love the prints and shapes. The colors are gorgeous!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Anthropologie’s Marvels & Wonders =-.

• Reply Megan Daly November 18, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Love all those bags!!!

• Reply Jacqui November 18, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I love the laptop bag – it’s so hard to find nice girly ones!

• Reply trish November 18, 2009 at 6:01 pm

love the piping on the second one–the laptop case is pretty sweet too. Really, is there anything that AB fabric doesn’t look great on?
    .-= trish´s last blog ..more rocks than you can shake a stick at =-.

• Reply melissa November 18, 2009 at 6:06 pm

*gasp* Another stunning collection from Amy Butler. There are a quite a few on my must list!

• Reply Yoli November 18, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Oh how gorgeous!
    .-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Jasmin November 18, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Oh wow, they are gorgeous, love all of the images!
    Love the blog, Jas xx
    .-= Jasmin´s last blog ..Baby’s Got Style…. =-.

• Reply Mandi Johnson November 18, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I love the blue and purple one! So lovely.
    .-= Mandi Johnson´s last blog ..Guest Blogging =-.

• Reply Rebecca November 18, 2009 at 8:01 pm

So divine, I love the last one. I’m a massive fan of overnight bags and don’t think I’ll be able to resist one of these.

• Reply Eileen November 18, 2009 at 8:36 pm

I wish she made camera bags. There aren’t too many out there that are stylish and more feminine.
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..November 17, 2009 – New York! =-.

• Reply decor8 November 19, 2009 at 6:03 am

Eileen – I agree! I can never find a good camera bag and with all of the women in the profession (photography) I have to ask WHY hasn’t someone thought it this already who is in the camera industry already? I personally love photography and take my camera out at least once a week. But the bag I have — black and boring.

• Reply Julia November 18, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Oh my word. Way cuter than Vera Bradley. I am officially over Vera. I’m already thinking about how much I could get for my Vera stuff at the consignment store. Thanks for the tip!

• Reply Etincelle November 18, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Delicieux! they look amazing, I wouldn’t know which one to get first, but maybe the laptop one would do the trick. Luv it!
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Babushka Comfort Doll – Zaza =-.

• Reply Jillian November 18, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I don’t know if I could pick just one, but if I absolutely had to, it would be the last one. If only she would make laptop bags…I need a nice one.
    .-= Jillian´s last blog ..Etsy Inspiration =-.

• Reply Jacqueline November 18, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Yes yes yes totally gorgeous colors! I adore that laptop sleeves! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely merry happy day! Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Swimming in the fish bowl =-.

• Reply Lindsey November 18, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I need a new travel bag desperately for a trip early next year. One of these would be perfect! I love Amy Butler’s patterns.

Thanks so much for sharing,

{ Lindsey }
    .-= Lindsey´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Anastasia November 19, 2009 at 12:23 am

oh they are lovely!! great use of colour and print!!
    .-= Anastasia´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply picciolo November 19, 2009 at 3:28 am

wow I love all of them!

• Reply Nem November 19, 2009 at 4:23 am

Those are remarkable! I love the colours. What I wouldn’t give for one of those travel bags for Christmas. Oh! Why, I am travelling to India in April, wouldn’t that be perfect!? :D
    .-= Nem´s last blog ..Linlithgow Palace =-.

• Reply juliette November 19, 2009 at 5:01 am

I’m really liking the laptop sleeve – really!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..wool = cozy decor =-.

• Reply ishtar November 19, 2009 at 5:46 am

gorgeous! she´s so talented!
    .-= ishtar´s last blog ..Japanese goods =-.

• Reply Fresh Design Blog November 19, 2009 at 5:50 am

I don’t really need an excuse to look at Amy Butler’s designs, but couldn’t help but click through to view more. You’ve featured some great bags – hard to choose a favourite, but I like the look of the first one and third one.
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Cool Britannia sofa =-.

• Reply Katarina November 19, 2009 at 5:55 am

LOVE them (especially the laptop bag) and I think that Love collection is one of her best-so rich and lush!!!!
    .-= Katarina´s last blog ..Country living ornament feature =-.

• Reply Vintage Aurora November 19, 2009 at 6:50 am

I love all them!!! Specially the first. Wow!!! :)
    .-= Vintage Aurora´s last blog ..Para poner de adorno!!! =-.

• Reply Danielle@Newlyweds Paradise November 19, 2009 at 6:50 am

VERY cute! I am also in love with the wallpaper in the background of the 7th picture.

• Reply Sophia Mar November 19, 2009 at 6:57 am

So gorgeous! Love the prints! I agree with that suggestion of camera bags :)
    .-= Sophia Mar´s last blog ..Landscapes =-.

• Reply Stephanie November 19, 2009 at 8:20 am

Gorgeous!! These would be great gifts. I had a Kalencom diaper bag and was really happy with the quality. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids November 19, 2009 at 8:36 am

Amy Butler! can do no wrong! always delightful collections :)
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..The Commons, a great initiative! =-.

• Reply steffy November 19, 2009 at 9:18 am

oh dear. they are gorgeous!! love the laptop sleve!

• Reply María November 19, 2009 at 9:48 am

Thank you so much for sharing this! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-

• Reply Muriël November 19, 2009 at 9:58 am

These bags are all so beautiful!!!
    .-= Muriël´s last blog ..Studies in quilting =-.

• Reply Rebekah November 19, 2009 at 10:38 am

That first bag actually made me gasp. Wow. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Rebekah´s last blog ..By Royal Decree =-.

• Reply eileen November 19, 2009 at 10:57 am

Holly,

I found these http://shootsac.com/ but they are expensive and I really wanted a sling backpack style before I went to France/Germany. I have a Crumpler messenger style bag but it doesn’t hold enough and it really pulls at my neck. I wanted to make my own but ran out of time. There’s also this http://www.jill-e.com but still not what I’m looking for. I know as soon as I go to the trouble to make it I will then see them all over the place (and maybe by Amy Butler!).

• Reply Lori November 19, 2009 at 10:58 am

I love Amy Butler fabric! I have so much of her stuff but I didn’t realize she had come out with this travel line. So thank you! Saves me from figuring out how to make that travel bag I have a pattern for. :-)

• Reply liz November 19, 2009 at 1:38 pm

You should have a look at http://www.golla.com/

Of course they are not so beautiful as Amy Butler’s ones, but you can even find a few camera bags ! Good quality, perfect to protect your laptop or any electronic device when traveling, with nice design to put you in a good mood.

• Reply Kellie November 19, 2009 at 2:28 pm

She’s just sooooo AWESOME! :)
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..Have a Great Day! =-.

• Reply jen jafarzadeh November 19, 2009 at 5:19 pm

love these patterned bags! so on my christmas wishlist. I’ve been wanting good luggage forever.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..pestos, tapenades & spreads =-.

• Reply honey living November 20, 2009 at 2:08 pm

very fresh and modern take on this style bag. thanks for sharing!

Julia – i would love to chat about potentially buying your vera bradley stuff. could you email me at carla.rothberg@gmail.com if you’d be interested?
    .-= honey living´s last blog ..all in the details =-.

• Reply Penny Patten November 22, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Lovely Bags!!!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Decorating For The Holidays =-.

• Reply Laura March 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm

These bags and fabrics are delicious!!!!
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Baby R-Atlanta Newborn Photographer: =-.

• Reply Gali March 30, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I love those bags! their amazing.
    Do you know if it’s possible buy these patterns somewher?
    Thanks.

• Reply Kimie March 18, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I love your bag. I’m looking for a gag and found your beautiful bag. I have some kimono that my Mom gave me so I’m going to make a bag from Kimono.