Simplemente Blanco: New Studio!

Would you like to take a little studio tour with me for a moment? You will enjoy it, I promise. This is the new studio space of a talented friend in Boston, Fernanda Bourlet, a native of Buenos Aires with a sensibility for all things modern, natural, neutral and of course with a nod to her culture and relaxed lifestyle in Argentina. She recently moved from a few blocks over to this open space in the South End on Thayer Street and spent a month renovating it from top to bottom — literally speaking. She painted the floors, had to completely rewire the place with electricity, install new HVAC ducts, you name it – this space was born out of love and a lot of hard work! Not to mention what you see IN the space — most of it, with the exception of furniture some props and of course vintage finds, was designed and hand crafted by Fernanda and her team of makers based in Boston. See the pendants below with the lovely layers? I plan to buy one or two when I move for my home and she will ship to Germany so yay! for that. Are they not gorgeous?

Simplemente Blanco

I own several beautiful items from her line, Simplemente Blanco, and I cherish them all. From hard carved soaps and soap petals to bath salts, pillows, lighting, curtains, textiles, Fernanda designs only the best and the prices reflect her passion for making beautiful things accessible — while you may pay a bit more for a pillow than you would, say, at a major retailer, her items are still affordable given all that is involved in producing them locally.

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

Simplemente Blanco

When I spend a week at the Liberty Hotel in Boston over the summer, I noticed several of her pillows on the sofas in their lobby. I remember glancing down thinking that the pillow was so beautiful and somehow familiar to me. I flipped it over to see the Simplemente Blanco label and thought, “But of course”. I think that with the attention being more on handmade, beautifully made and of course, made locally that anyone would love and appreciate her line. Fernanda is a truly special, magical kind of lady and her products reflect who she is – she is very genuine and warm at heart. Fernanda’s home and products have been featured in many magazines and her collection is sold at fine retailers in the U.S. and Canada and someday here in Germany when I open a shop!

(images: simplemente blanco)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours, textiles on November 20, 2009

1. Mausumi commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 6:39am

I love the natural colors and the brick wall! :)
    I’m regretting more and more to cover up the brick walls in my apartment.. :/ But I think the rooms would’ve been very cold and hard to heat if we hadn’t done it..
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Daily inspiration: Circus =-.

2. Kitchen of the Princess commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 7:39am

Everthing looks so pretty and natural: the shop, the products, the website –
    I like it – thank you for sharing!

3. Deb@accessoryalamode commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 8:45am

OH, I love this! All the soft whites and the urban feel. It is soo hip and chic! Oh, and organized..very jealous of that part. :O)

4. corian commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 9:03am

I love the cleanliness of this room! Don’t let in any guests with dirty shoes!!!

5. Kristin commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 11:46am

I love this – the simplicity, the white, and as someone mentioned above, “the urban feel.” Many of these things are definitely my aesthetic. Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Daily Update + Danielle Fennoy =-.

6. Alissa commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 12:23pm

STUNNING! Wishing we had something like that in LA!
    .-= Alissa´s last blog ..K is for… Knits =-.

7. michelle commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 12:48pm

The layout of that shop makes me want every single thing in it, so beautiful.

One complaint, website with music. Biggest pet peeve.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Free Download – Fall Plaid Napkin Wraps =-.

8. Alisha commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Wow, that studio is amazing…and inspiring. I just leased my own studio and it is a fixer upper. Seeing these photos really makes me want to get in there and remodel. I’ve actually been wondering what painted floors would look like, and hers look great!
    .-= Alisha´s last blog ..Truth (print) 8 x 10 =-.

9. Travelingmama commented
    November 20th, 2009 at 7:10pm

MY goodness! What a lovely shop!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..{owl} brads =-.

10. MsUnreliable commented
    November 21st, 2009 at 1:57am

When can I move in?!
    .-= MsUnreliable´s last blog ..Three Weekend Reads =-.

11. Guada commented
    November 23rd, 2009 at 8:28pm

Fer Felicitaciones por tu nuevo ¨hogar¨!!! Im a big fan of Decor8 and Im so proud to see you published!!!!