Inspiration

Sharyn Cairns Photography

November 25, 2009

Sharyn Cairns is an Australian photographer whom I’d like to share with you for a moment because I think that her work is so warm and inviting — she is a real mood magician! I want to sit before every table and lounge in each room.

Sharyn Cairns Photography

Sharyn Cairns Photography

Sharyn Cairns Photography

Raw linen, smokey black, wine, oysters and mood lighting… these views are all very romantic and charming, also some are a bit Parisian don’t you think? I also loved the photograph showing vintage silverware — I almost bought a set like this from the 1800s before I moved but decided to lighten my load and try to find it over here. I’ve decided to resume my search and hunt for it over the winter.

Thank you Emma for highlighting this fab photographer! (images: sharyn cairns)

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Fresh Design Blog November 25, 2009 at 6:24 am

Really well composed photographs, with lots of interest and good use of subtle colour. The spiral staircase looks intriguing.
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Fun animal shaped jugs =-.

• Reply Gabreial November 25, 2009 at 10:19 am

Wow she is amazing. I love these photos, especially the top bedroom photo, gorgeous!
    .-= Gabreial´s last blog ..Vintage Indie Kids: Hot Chocolate Review! =-.

• Reply Mausumi November 25, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I love love love the colors! Such amazing photography! Thanks for sharing and have a nice holiday! :)
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..How to live in the moment =-.

• Reply nosheen November 25, 2009 at 12:49 pm

these photos are gorgeous….
    .-= nosheen´s last blog ..ashes and milk =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 25, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Beautiful…and a mood magician for sure. All of those deep, rich tones are so inviting and not what I am normally drawn to. I love it….
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

• Reply Shanon November 25, 2009 at 2:17 pm

I love the rich warm colors and the play of shadow and light in her work… so timely. Lovely.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{Season’s Greetings!} =-.

• Reply gypsyvanners November 25, 2009 at 4:46 pm

while I agree with everyone else on composition, color, and how gorgeous these photos are I am amazed at the emotions they stir. Lovely and inspiring…
    .-= gypsyvanners´s last blog ..Rush of the Holiday! =-.

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative November 25, 2009 at 5:10 pm

These are gorgeous. I like the richness and the textural feel to her photos.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Decorating =-.

• Reply Megan November 26, 2009 at 6:23 am

We Aussies are a great creative bunch *cheeky smile*. But seriously beautiful work. Thanks for showing us.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Christmas Table Centre Piece =-.

• Reply francine gardner November 26, 2009 at 9:58 am

Absolutely love her photography….wished she were in New York as it is the kind of photography style that best illustrate my showroom and my design work.

• Reply woolloomooloo November 27, 2009 at 3:09 pm

thanks for sharing sharyn’s work. i love her style..so tenderly beautiful, romantic, and unpretentious… it really makes you feel like you’re in that ‘lazy sunday’ mood… :)
    .-= woolloomooloo´s last blog ..bridemaids macarons =-.

• Reply katrina November 29, 2009 at 3:52 am

these are amazing. my favorite of the bunch is the one with the various vintage bottles and roses.
    .-= katrina´s last blog ..Pretty Packaging: Juicy Couture =-.

• Reply Penny Patten November 29, 2009 at 10:59 am

Very vibrant and rich photos!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Time To Be Thankful/ What Are You Thankful For… =-.

• Reply lisa November 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I keep coming back to look again at these incredible images. I am swooning.
    .-= lisa´s last blog ..milling about =-.

• Reply Chelsey November 29, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I love that first image! I think I’m going to have to figure out how to make a dress like that!

• Reply Shandos November 29, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Absolutely gorgeous – thanks for sharing! I did some further searching and found out she’s had photos in Australian publications like InsideOut – probably why her work looks vaguely familiar.
    .-= Shandos´s last blog ..Articles to Read: Way2Go and Australian Traveller =-.

• Reply Lee Tran November 29, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Yes, Sharyn’s work is great. Some of those pictures were styled by Glen Proebstel – Sharyn works with a lot with him for Inside Out magazine.
    .-= Lee Tran´s last blog ..Studio MS =-.

• Reply Lee Tran November 29, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Yes, Sharyn’s work is great. Some of those pictures were styled by Glen Proebstel – Sharyn works with him a lot for Inside Out magazine.
    .-= Lee Tran´s last blog ..Studio MS =-.

• Reply Laura Pinto-Nguyen December 1, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Love these photos but my all-time favorite has to be the 1st one on the top left…that navy outfit is just amazing!!!

• Reply Kristi Wright December 1, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Love the photography featured here. Makes me want to remodel my home!