Sharyn Cairns Photography

Sharyn Cairns is an Australian photographer whom I’d like to share with you for a moment because I think that her work is so warm and inviting — she is a real mood magician! I want to sit before every table and lounge in each room.

Sharyn Cairns

Sharyn Cairns

Sharyn Cairns

Raw linen, smokey black, wine, oysters and mood lighting… these views are all very romantic and charming, also some are a bit Parisian don’t you think? I also loved the photograph showing vintage silverware — I almost bought a set like this from the 1800s before I moved but decided to lighten my load and try to find it over here. I’ve decided to resume my search and hunt for it over the winter.

Thank you Emma for highlighting this fab photographer! (images: sharyn cairns)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on November 25, 2009

1. Fresh Design Blog commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 6:24am

Really well composed photographs, with lots of interest and good use of subtle colour. The spiral staircase looks intriguing.
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Fun animal shaped jugs =-.

2. Gabreial commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:19am

Wow she is amazing. I love these photos, especially the top bedroom photo, gorgeous!
    .-= Gabreial´s last blog ..Vintage Indie Kids: Hot Chocolate Review! =-.

3. Mausumi commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 12:18pm

I love love love the colors! Such amazing photography! Thanks for sharing and have a nice holiday! :)
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..How to live in the moment =-.

4. nosheen commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 12:49pm

these photos are gorgeous….
    .-= nosheen´s last blog ..ashes and milk =-.

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 1:56pm

Beautiful…and a mood magician for sure. All of those deep, rich tones are so inviting and not what I am normally drawn to. I love it….
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..It’s my bag, baby! =-.

6. Shanon commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 2:17pm

I love the rich warm colors and the play of shadow and light in her work… so timely. Lovely.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{Season’s Greetings!} =-.

7. gypsyvanners commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 4:46pm

while I agree with everyone else on composition, color, and how gorgeous these photos are I am amazed at the emotions they stir. Lovely and inspiring…
    .-= gypsyvanners´s last blog ..Rush of the Holiday! =-.

8. Amy - no. 15 creative commented
    November 25th, 2009 at 5:10pm

These are gorgeous. I like the richness and the textural feel to her photos.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Thanksgiving Decorating =-.

9. Megan commented
    November 26th, 2009 at 6:23am

We Aussies are a great creative bunch *cheeky smile*. But seriously beautiful work. Thanks for showing us.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Christmas Table Centre Piece =-.

10. francine gardner commented
    November 26th, 2009 at 9:58am

Absolutely love her photography….wished she were in New York as it is the kind of photography style that best illustrate my showroom and my design work.

11. woolloomooloo commented
    November 27th, 2009 at 3:09pm

thanks for sharing sharyn’s work. i love her style..so tenderly beautiful, romantic, and unpretentious… it really makes you feel like you’re in that ‘lazy sunday’ mood… :)
    .-= woolloomooloo´s last blog ..bridemaids macarons =-.

12. katrina commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 3:52am

these are amazing. my favorite of the bunch is the one with the various vintage bottles and roses.
    .-= katrina´s last blog ..Pretty Packaging: Juicy Couture =-.

13. Penny Patten commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 10:59am

Very vibrant and rich photos!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Time To Be Thankful/ What Are You Thankful For… =-.

14. lisa commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 12:19pm

I keep coming back to look again at these incredible images. I am swooning.
    .-= lisa´s last blog ..milling about =-.

15. Chelsey commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 5:54pm

I love that first image! I think I’m going to have to figure out how to make a dress like that!

16. Shandos commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 9:39pm

Absolutely gorgeous – thanks for sharing! I did some further searching and found out she’s had photos in Australian publications like InsideOut – probably why her work looks vaguely familiar.
    .-= Shandos´s last blog ..Articles to Read: Way2Go and Australian Traveller =-.

17. Lee Tran commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 11:58pm

Yes, Sharyn’s work is great. Some of those pictures were styled by Glen Proebstel – Sharyn works with a lot with him for Inside Out magazine.
    .-= Lee Tran´s last blog ..Studio MS =-.

18. Lee Tran commented
    November 29th, 2009 at 11:58pm

Yes, Sharyn’s work is great. Some of those pictures were styled by Glen Proebstel – Sharyn works with him a lot for Inside Out magazine.
    .-= Lee Tran´s last blog ..Studio MS =-.

19. Laura Pinto-Nguyen commented
    December 1st, 2009 at 1:39pm

Love these photos but my all-time favorite has to be the 1st one on the top left…that navy outfit is just amazing!!!

20. Kristi Wright commented
    December 1st, 2009 at 3:37pm

Love the photography featured here. Makes me want to remodel my home!