Objects

Workstead: Industrial Chandelier

November 25, 2009

Robert Highsmith, one half of New York based collaborative Workstead which also includes Stefanie Brechbuehler, recently shared a new light fixture with me that I fell for instantly. Workstead is a firm offering graphic design, architectural services, furniture and lighting and this little beauty had me at hello. It’s called the Industrial Chandelier and retails at around $1,150 so it’s a piece you’ll mostly likely need to fall in love with before you open your wallet.

Workstead: Industrial Chandelier

Robert explains the light far better than I can, so I’ll let him tell you more, “This ceiling fixture, fuses the concept of the chandelier with a keen understanding of function and flexibility. It utilizes re-purposed O.C. White industrial joints, vintage Hubbell sockets, and new-cut steel. The arms can be articulated in multiple axes; the joints allow for 360 degrees of rotation. Sockets placed at the end of each arm have a turn-key function, allowing for 1 – 3 bulbs to be illuminated at any given time. The fixture is both articulate and elemental. Its goal is to gracefully exhibit the physical properties of light.”

And don’t you just love the entire room? Drool. The windows, rustic table, weathered wood floors and fantastic lighting really caught my eye — and the chandelier — oh yes, the whipped cream on this perfectly delicious space. Focal point = found!

(image: workstead)

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply C'est Superbe! November 25, 2009 at 4:54 am

I love those great windows!

.-= C’est Superbe!´s last blog ..Honeymoon bag tag that will make a perfect wedding gift. =-.

• Reply Margarita November 25, 2009 at 5:14 am

Just posted about them too, I like very much how they upcycle old materials to create this Chandeliers and other pieces of work!!
    .-= Margarita´s last blog ..WORKSTEAD reclaimed marbles… =-.

• Reply Fresh Design Blog November 25, 2009 at 6:22 am

Love new lighting concepts and the industrial chandelier (which doesn’t really seem to overly industrial) is great!
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Fun animal shaped jugs =-.

• Reply Carmenesque November 25, 2009 at 7:43 am

So great! I love plain and natural things!
    .-= Carmenesque´s last blog ..Flickr Favorites =-.

• Reply Kristin November 25, 2009 at 9:47 am

That’s one heck of a chandelier! I love that it’s industrial and yet… seems fragile.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Design Jargon * Meander =-.

• Reply blue bicicletta November 25, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Ooh, I love, love, love that table, and the floors and the windows, etc. Exactly the rustic-homey feel I would like in my house.
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..It Runs in the Family =-.

• Reply Nadine November 27, 2009 at 8:10 am

Loving the table!!
    .-= Nadine´s last blog ..New England style =-.

• Reply Penny Patten November 29, 2009 at 11:11 am

Love it!!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Time To Be Thankful/ What Are You Thankful For… =-.