Stylist Glen Proebstel

Interested in hiring a stylist to go shopping then to take them back to your place to help decorate with those gorgeous new found treasures? Oh yes! Lee Tran Lam is an editor over at Inside Out magazine and sent me a tip today about talented stylist Glen Proebstel, represented by Katrina Herschell Management. Have you heard of Proebstel? I hadn’t but whoa… the moment that I entered his heavenly portfolio I purred like a kitten… so cozy, so gorgeous, what creative vision he has!

Stylist Glen Proebstel

Once a style director for Inside Out, he has 15 years experience as a freelance stylist and store merchandiser which brought him into his most current role as a personal shopper. He works in Sydney where you can book him for a minimum of 2 hours in-store and then you can take him back to your place to discuss decorating and installation ideas. How fun!

Stylist Glen Proebstel

Stylist Glen Proebstel

I did quite a bit of personal shopping with clients in Boston and loved the work but on the flipside I like the idea of taking a stylist home with me to provide an alternate view of things, don’t you? No matter how good our taste or ideas it can be quite eye-opening to gain the opinions of those whom we respect with an aesthetic that we’re fond. You can be the best chef in the world but you don’t only dine on your own meals… in fact all of the chefs that I follow often refer to the culinary experiences they’ve had in other restaurants or in the homes of their chef friends as being “defining moments” or “learning experiences”. And why not? I think it expands the mind and builds upon experience giving a really solid presence and even helps to further define our own style.

Yet in the world of interiors how many times do you hear of one designer hiring another for tips or inspiration? I think it can be very beneficial if you are an experienced designer to gain the impressions of your colleagues, I find it a bit of a challenge even and though it invites criticism why not see what the other has to say? A stylist like Glen Proebstel could be a real gemstone to invite by for the afternoon whether you’re a pro or not.

Who wouldn’t want to take home one of their favorite stylists for the day? I’m not too proud to say… Sign me up.

(images: kmm)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on November 30, 2009

1. Alison commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 7:38am

Oooh yes please! Perhaps I could ask Santa to pop him in my stocking this year? Decorative inspiration seems to have left the building over at Chez Brocante and I could use somebody to wave a magic wand over the place and add the quirky and the borderline eccentric I used to embrace and now seemed to have abandoned in favour of the oh so dull…

Oh and I absolutely adore the walls in the last image! Peeling paint makes me want to cry tears of joy…
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..Cath Kidston For Google Chrome =-.

2. Mausumi commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 7:40am

These images are gorgeous! I would love to take a stylist home with me!
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Camera love =-.

3. Carmenesque commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 7:59am

Wow, so much talent and style here!
    .-= Carmenesque´s last blog ..Monday Moodboard – Feeling sick =-.

4. Nem commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 8:41am

Wow, his work is beautiful! I’m bookmarking his website for ideas for my house in India! :D
    .-= Nem´s last blog ..Friday Inspiration =-.

5. cheryl oz commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 8:49am

The apples are so perfectly red. They remind me of Snow White — who wouldn’t want to have one bite of that juicy apple? The styling and photographs are simply beautiful. I love the effects of the distressed styling of the walls.

6. Siobhán commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 9:16am

Oooh, I bought a mirror just like that in the middle of the photo above at a Christmas market this weekend. Might search for a few more and make a feature wall of mirrors. Thanks for the inspiration!

7. Gabreial commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 9:20am

I love all of the grays in these, the mirrors are also equally beautiful. I have an antique cast iron bed like that in storage because we don’t have the room for it, it would look beautiful painted red.
    .-= Gabreial´s last blog ..Cyber Monday – Shop Vintage, Handmade & Save! =-.

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 10:19am

What a fantastic idea! And his vision is gorgeous…..love it.
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by Hadley Hutton… =-.

9. honey living commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 11:10am

i love how his work blends a refined look with a rougher one. the two aesthetics make each other pop. another great find holly!
    .-= honey living´s last blog ..what a dish =-.

10. Kristin commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 12:02pm

Do you think he makes house calls to Georgia, USA? ;-)
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Things To Do this Holiday Season =-.

11. Cheryl commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 12:13pm

Holly–
    write to Santa, that would be a wonderful gift for someone to give to you and then you could share your experiences here! I had a stager come in on our last property and also into my current home. Amazing what she saw and how she could see possibility in arrangement and design, esp what’s hovering at the edges that was just beyond my sight. I have a wider lens now. what was so helpful is that she just didn’t come in and perform her magic and fix things; she used our time as a ‘teaching moment’ too so I’ve been able to apply her priniciples and intuitions on my own. But I’m feeling the need for another visit . . . .

12. kendal croix commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 3:04pm

how wonderful that would be to work with him.
    .-= kendal croix´s last blog ..kiddie drawings. =-.

13. Penny Patten commented
    November 30th, 2009 at 8:49pm

Very welcoming, great stylist!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Time To Be Thankful/ What Are You Thankful For… =-.

14. Hankela commented
    December 1st, 2009 at 9:52am

Anybody know where that red wooden chair is from? I really really want it!

15. Lisa - Handmade Evolution commented
    December 1st, 2009 at 11:17am

Sign me up! He has a great style!
    .-= Lisa – Handmade Evolution´s last blog ..Simone Richmond =-.

16. shelley t commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:59am

thanks for this, holly, he is definitely someone i have ‘followed’ for a while. i thought you may be interested to know that glen has worked quite often with sharyn cairns the photographer you featured a little while back. x
    .-= shelley t´s last blog ..My Christmas – Dearne Herrenberg =-.