Fine Little Day Cutting Boards

December 2, 2009

Elisabeth Dunker from the Fine Little Day blog + shop wrote in with news about her sweet little cutting boards which are popular in Sweden for not only cutting but serving, too. Here are some of Elisabeth’s designs… there are five motives total. In addition to Sweden, Germans use these too only they are called Frühstücksbrettchen and used to butter bread on and prepare sandwiches and toast. You can cut on them too (if they are sturdy enough) though I am too shy to do this because I hate scratching them! After preparing your morning toast or sandwich, the board is then brought to the table and used as a plate too.

Fine Little Day Cutting Boards

Fine Little Day Cutting Boards

I like this as it’s very casual and the variety of designs you can find for these Frühstücksbrettchen range from wood to melamine and beyond in many patterns and colors. Some have a hold at the top so you can hang them from a hook or a nail on the wall, others are with a hole. My favorite cutting board from Elisabeth’s collection is this one, so sweet.

(images: elisabeth dunker)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 2, 2009 at 11:34 am

Oh my gosh….how incredibly darling are these? I love them!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Please welcome…. =-.

• Reply juliette December 2, 2009 at 12:02 pm

oh gosh – love the one with the curtains pulled back – what a riot!

We still use my husband’s little wooden one from when he was a boy. It has his name and little elephants carved into it. Super cute.

Sometimes I see some great Frühstücksbrettchen that make me just want to buy a bunch and hang them as art. These would be perfect =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Crafting for Advent =-.

• Reply Anna December 2, 2009 at 1:25 pm

In many German families (including mine :-) all breakfast or dinner (Abendbrot) supplies are put on the dinner table and everyone prepares and eats his or her sandwiches from the Brettchen. In Germany there is eaten a lot of bread (for breakfast and dinner, traditionally only lunch is warm food), so the Brettchen are just the perfect solution :-) I love the one with the curtains – reminds me that I would carve animals out of my sandwich slices as a kid…

• Reply Elisabeth December 2, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Holly, thank you so much :)

• Reply Penny Patten December 2, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Very sweet, they would add a nice little touch to any kitchen.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..A Time To Be Thankful/ What Are You Thankful For… =-.

• Reply Emily December 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Funny, I saw a “sandwich tray” recently at IKEA and wondered what they were for – I figured toast and maybe putting together a PB&J. Now I sort of wish I would have purchased one…

here they are:
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..I’m gettin’ published! =-.

• Reply LanM October 15, 2011 at 11:42 am

Kids will definitely love the idea that it can also be a serving tray!