Inspiration

Anna Inghardt Photography

December 4, 2009

I know in some parts of the world it is starting to snow so perhaps if you are not so keen on cold weather then the photographs of Swedish photographer Anna Inghardt may inspire you since they show a side of white that is warming, sensitive and very light. But also a bit emotional, I couldn’t help but sense that perhaps there are good times mixed with heartache that Anna is trying to convey in her work.

Anna Inghardt Photography

You can view all of her photos in white here on Flickr where I found her and also over on her blog. Lindsey at Great Full Day also likes Anna — must be kismet as I think we found Anna at the same exact moment in space and time. :)

Anna Inghardt Photography

And if you are one who is wishing for snow then perhaps these photos will serve to intensify your longing… whet your appetite for a light dusting or a heavy fall that may eventually land in your little part of the world and surprise! warm your heart too.

My only hope is that someday Anna will sell her photos online. I want the kitty paws with the silver stars – her stripey cat is adorable. :)

(images: anna inghardt)

30 Comments

• Reply Dawn M UK December 4, 2009 at 6:47 am

I love how white transends between the seasons, perfect in both winter and summer settings!
    .-= Dawn M UK´s last blog ..Morning Frost =-.

• Reply Sophia Mar December 4, 2009 at 6:51 am

So so beautiful!
    .-= Sophia Mar´s last blog ..No limit =-.

• Reply Kifus December 4, 2009 at 7:14 am

Gorgeous photographs! Anna Inghardt sure is talanted. I especially like the one with the open book.

Have a lovely day!
    .-= Kifus´s last blog ..Thanksgiving idea =-.

• Reply geisslein December 4, 2009 at 7:28 am

Love them all! so so beautiful!
    hope you will have a beautiful weekend!
    .-= geisslein´s last blog ..Love this bathroom today =-.

• Reply jamie December 4, 2009 at 7:30 am

aww i love the little paw. and i can never get enough of little sleeping kitties. these are all very beautiful.

• Reply My Owl Barn December 4, 2009 at 8:06 am

These photographs are magical!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Retro Whale =-.

• Reply Jutta December 4, 2009 at 8:41 am

Oh, I’m so hoping for snow! The temperature already dropped below freezing point yesterday so it’s no longer wet and muddy (thank god because I have two large dogs) but a little snow would be great, por favor! :)
    .-= Jutta´s last blog ..Uusi sohva =-.

• Reply laura trevey December 4, 2009 at 9:07 am

so beautiful and pure!! lovely
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..RaLph the RooSTer, Original Watercolor, 7.5 by 10.5 =-.

• Reply Queta December 4, 2009 at 9:13 am

Beautiful photos!
    Besos

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 4, 2009 at 9:26 am

Absolutely….everything you said. :) I adore the white paws and stars. So sweet….all of them really. So beautiful, dreamy and is now making me wish for snow….:)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Amy Ruppel =-.

• Reply Jacqueline December 4, 2009 at 9:33 am

Her photos are really inspirational! I adore the one with the butterfly and the kitty’s paw with starts…so magical! Have a lovely merry happy day and a wonderful restful weekend! Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Have a heart for =-.

• Reply Beth @ 990 Square December 4, 2009 at 9:41 am

I love those cat photos! And the white is just beautiful!
    .-= Beth @ 990 Square´s last blog ..Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake =-.

• Reply Alanna December 4, 2009 at 9:44 am

Very ethereal and beautiful. I don’t sense any sadness, though…but then I’m forever the optimist :)

Great find as always, Holly!

• Reply Down and Out Chic December 4, 2009 at 10:45 am

wow, these shots are beautiful and whimsical. we don’t see much snow here in the south, i must live vicariously through photographs:)
    .-= Down and Out Chic´s last blog ..Holiday Giveaway: Flapperdoodle =-.

• Reply Rebekah December 4, 2009 at 10:51 am

It absolutely KILLS me when cats put their paws over their eyes like that. Aaaaaah! The cuteness is almost unbearable.
    .-= Rebekah´s last blog ..This is the Christmas season… =-.

• Reply Rubin December 4, 2009 at 11:22 am

Wow.
    I love white color Designs;-)

• Reply Rubin December 4, 2009 at 11:23 am

Wow.
    I love the White color Designs and Photography.
    .-= Rubin´s last blog ..raindrop =-.

• Reply jen December 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm

oh my gosh, the cat paws with silver stars is just killing me!! reminds me of my kitty. i hope she sells her photos online too because she really should!

• Reply Mrs. M December 4, 2009 at 12:58 pm

those kitty paws & stars are so sweet!
    .-= Mrs. M´s last blog ..cupcake liner holiday projects =-.

• Reply Jane @ the Borrowed Abode December 4, 2009 at 1:11 pm

There’s something about white that is just so calming. I find it cheerful, even when it’s cold, wet snow.

These photos really harness the power of the color!
    .-= Jane @ the Borrowed Abode´s last blog ..I ask, you answer? Curtain dilemma. =-.

• Reply Angela December 4, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Kittys and books two of my very favorite things. I agree the paws and stars photo is exquisite! So simple but so lovely. I wish they were available for purchase.

• Reply Lindsey December 4, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Holly, what can I say? Great minds think alike!
    I feel pretty flattered that I share this love with you…you have such great taste. Obviously I agree that Anna’s work is amazing and thank you for linking to my blog.

Have a happy, happy weekend!

{ Lindsey }
    http:/greatfullday.blogspot.com
    .-= Lindsey´s last blog ..Celebratory Cupcakes =-.

• Reply fat mum slim December 4, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Oooh the pictures are beautiful, pure and soft. I love them. x
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Friday Frills. =-.

• Reply Tati December 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I live in brazilian northeast, and the weather here is VERY hot! Looking to those pics I’m wishing at least a little bit of your winter! But fortunately weather forecast says we will have a rainy week here. Hope so. It’s not so cold at all, but helps.

Really cute the cat’s paw pic… I’ll try to do the same with my Shih Tzu, Dexter. :D

Hugs,
    Tati
    .-= Tati´s last blog ..Drawing The Human Body =-.

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative December 4, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Beautiful photos. The first is so cute with the kitten paws and the stars. I really like how warm they all feel.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

• Reply Melibu December 5, 2009 at 4:40 am

Really, really wonderful pics.
    Love her work. Thanks for the share.
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..DIY Xmas gift – 2010 Calendar =-.

• Reply Kris December 5, 2009 at 11:27 am

Beautiful white photos!
    I normally just read your blog in google reader and don’t stop to comment, but I just want you to know I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..Kaitlyn =-.

• Reply nina December 5, 2009 at 8:54 pm

So beautiful to the eyes!!!
    .-= nina´s last blog ..My dream couch… =-.

• Reply Cat Sitter in the City December 7, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I also love the soft white cat paws. So pretty.
    .-= Cat Sitter in the City´s last blog ..Could Your And Your Cat Live In 175-Square-Feet? =-.

• Reply Penny Patten December 9, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I think a lot of people must have wished for SNOW, because most of the US is being blanketed with it today! Including us! Nice photo’s.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog .."Gaiter’s" =-.