Art Wall

Have you heard of the inspiring online indie gallery called Art Wall? American proprietress Katie Stephenson, who left her job in the corporate world to care for her daughter and start her own small business, curates this collection that changes on a monthly basis. What inspired art wall? This photo is from a Hable Construction store in New York that has since closed. Katie saw it and her ideas began to flow…

Art Wall Online

Art Wall is not a shop but a curated gallery and Katie is there to point you in the right direction — you simply click on apiece that you are interested in and then you’ll be directed to a page that tells you more about it along with an opportunity to enlarge it. Then, if you are interested in proceeding you can click on Purchase Here and you’ll be directed to shop of the artist . New whimsical, illustrated black and white art walls are added to the site each month with art in full color — such a great display idea and each piece is reasonably priced between $5 and $500 depending on whether or not the art is a print or an original.

Art Wall Online

Art Wall Online

I love seeing creative people inventing new and interesting ways for others to see things — presentation is so important when it comes to purchasing art online and I think Katie was pretty clever to develop such an imaginative way to share the art that she loves.

If you are an artist and would like to see your work displayed on Art Wall, please visit this page to learn more.

Great work, Miss Katie!

(images: top: hable construction, others: art wall online)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 09, 2009

1. Patrizia commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 6:02pm

Wow this is a great idea! I need to check this out,
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..Lovely December =-.

2. lindsay commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 6:05pm

What a fresh way to present artwork! Genius Katie!

3. Dana Cordova commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 7:17pm

Great idea! thanks
    .-= Dana Cordova´s last blog ..Photographer: Bryan Derballa =-.

4. Sara commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 7:31pm

What a great idea! And so inspiring as well!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..Remo General Store =-.

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 7:53pm

That is so cool….it always makes me so happy when folks come up with such creative ideas! Thanks for the intro hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: Interiors? =-.

6. Katie Stephenson commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 8:17pm

This has been the best snow day ever! Hot chocolate, a snow-shoe walk, yummy soup…all topped off by sitting down to read this post in front of the cozy fire. Thank you, Holly for this sweet review, it really made my day.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..fun winter DIY from five green acres: sweater mittens =-.

7. simplygrove commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 8:18pm

What a fabulous idea! I am off to check it out!

8. Katherine aka. Urban Flea commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 8:38pm

That’s a great idea! Thanks so much for the heads up!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    .-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..my diy adventure =-.

9. Tracey commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 8:46pm

What a fresh, unique way to display talent… thank you for introducing everyone to this!

10. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 9:29pm

Congrats! And to think I was speaking with a*star* today!! I was just loving your Christmas music and beautiful site so much. . .

Working in art galleries in New York, I can say that you are translating the in-person experience to the online beautifully.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Basel Miami 2: Critique My Art Aesthetic =-.

11. jacqueline commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 10:12pm

I adore Katie’s web site lots…it’s always filled with wonderful and inspiration! have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Smocked with a passion =-.

12. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    December 9th, 2009 at 10:56pm

brilliant! I need to take a look for myself.

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Beautifully Organized – Custom Ribbon Display Boards =-.

13. Melibu commented
    December 10th, 2009 at 1:27am

Really love the idea ! And I need to renew my walls decoration…
    Thanks for the share !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Liste de livres à l’attention du Papa Noël (encore lui) =-.

14. Mari Eriksson commented
    December 10th, 2009 at 6:11am

I love the arty farty wall! Me like.

An angel at my table
    .-= Mari Eriksson´s last blog ..Uthuset i Stan =-.

15. Yoli commented
    December 10th, 2009 at 9:53am

Very pretty and it gives me great inspiration.
    .-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

16. Penny Patten commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 12:46pm

This is such a wonderful idea, I can’t wait to visit.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog .."Gaiter’s" =-.

17. jess gonacha swift commented
    December 13th, 2009 at 9:46am

Katie’s site is so wonderful, and such a creative idea! I’m so glad you wrote about it, Holly. Such a terrific concept!
    .-= jess gonacha swift´s last blog ..cody hudson =-.

18. Metal Wall Art commented
    April 22nd, 2010 at 6:30am

Brilliant idea! Our homes’ decoration is the most changeable element of the built environment. It gives us the chance to model or amend space as deemed fit and therefore, personalize it. Thanks!
    .-= Metal Wall Art´s last blog ..Brilliant New Mirrors =-.

19. Metal Wall Art commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 6:35pm

if you think of art wall you choose the combination of layouts, sizes, mediums and artwork from what is inspired globally.
    Metal Wall Art´s last blog post ..Garden Accessories

20. Metal Wall Art commented
    January 15th, 2011 at 2:37pm

This is such a great idea! This post inspires me and gave me ideas to redecorate my room. Changing my dull room into an artistic and lively one. Keep up the good work!

21. John commented
    May 14th, 2011 at 1:54am

I love the concept. It has a similar appeal to it as does a mural.

22. BettyKimberly commented
    May 7th, 2014 at 11:53am

Wow! what a fabulous idea! gives great inspiration to others. keep it up!!
    BettyKimberly´s last blog post ..Design Days Are Here, Dubai