Arts + Crafts

Art Wall

December 9, 2009

Have you heard of the inspiring online indie gallery called Art Wall? American proprietress Katie Stephenson, who left her job in the corporate world to care for her daughter and start her own small business, curates this collection that changes on a monthly basis. What inspired art wall? This photo is from a Hable Construction store in New York that has since closed. Katie saw it and her ideas began to flow…

Art Wall

Art Wall is not a shop but a curated gallery and Katie is there to point you in the right direction — you simply click on apiece that you are interested in and then you’ll be directed to a page that tells you more about it along with an opportunity to enlarge it. Then, if you are interested in proceeding you can click on Purchase Here and you’ll be directed to shop of the artist . New whimsical, illustrated black and white art walls are added to the site each month with art in full color — such a great display idea and each piece is reasonably priced between $5 and $500 depending on whether or not the art is a print or an original.

Art Wall

Art Wall

I love seeing creative people inventing new and interesting ways for others to see things — presentation is so important when it comes to purchasing art online and I think Katie was pretty clever to develop such an imaginative way to share the art that she loves.

If you are an artist and would like to see your work displayed on Art Wall, please visit this page to learn more.

Great work, Miss Katie!

(images: top: hable construction, others: art wall online)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Patrizia December 9, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Wow this is a great idea! I need to check this out,
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..Lovely December =-.

• Reply lindsay December 9, 2009 at 6:05 pm

What a fresh way to present artwork! Genius Katie!

• Reply Dana Cordova December 9, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Great idea! thanks
    .-= Dana Cordova´s last blog ..Photographer: Bryan Derballa =-.

• Reply Sara December 9, 2009 at 7:31 pm

What a great idea! And so inspiring as well!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..Remo General Store =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 9, 2009 at 7:53 pm

That is so cool….it always makes me so happy when folks come up with such creative ideas! Thanks for the intro hun!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: Interiors? =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson December 9, 2009 at 8:17 pm

This has been the best snow day ever! Hot chocolate, a snow-shoe walk, yummy soup…all topped off by sitting down to read this post in front of the cozy fire. Thank you, Holly for this sweet review, it really made my day.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog winter DIY from five green acres: sweater mittens =-.

• Reply simplygrove December 9, 2009 at 8:18 pm

What a fabulous idea! I am off to check it out!

• Reply Katherine aka. Urban Flea December 9, 2009 at 8:38 pm

That’s a great idea! Thanks so much for the heads up!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    .-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog diy adventure =-.

• Reply Tracey December 9, 2009 at 8:46 pm

What a fresh, unique way to display talent… thank you for introducing everyone to this!

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter December 9, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Congrats! And to think I was speaking with a*star* today!! I was just loving your Christmas music and beautiful site so much. . .

Working in art galleries in New York, I can say that you are translating the in-person experience to the online beautifully.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Basel Miami 2: Critique My Art Aesthetic =-.

• Reply jacqueline December 9, 2009 at 10:12 pm

I adore Katie’s web site lots…it’s always filled with wonderful and inspiration! have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Smocked with a passion =-.

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee December 9, 2009 at 10:56 pm

brilliant! I need to take a look for myself.

.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Beautifully Organized – Custom Ribbon Display Boards =-.

• Reply Melibu December 10, 2009 at 1:27 am

Really love the idea ! And I need to renew my walls decoration…
    Thanks for the share !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Liste de livres à l’attention du Papa Noël (encore lui) =-.

• Reply Mari Eriksson December 10, 2009 at 6:11 am

I love the arty farty wall! Me like.

An angel at my table
    .-= Mari Eriksson´s last blog ..Uthuset i Stan =-.

• Reply Yoli December 10, 2009 at 9:53 am

Very pretty and it gives me great inspiration.
    .-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Penny Patten December 12, 2009 at 12:46 pm

This is such a wonderful idea, I can’t wait to visit.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog .."Gaiter’s" =-.

• Reply jess gonacha swift December 13, 2009 at 9:46 am

Katie’s site is so wonderful, and such a creative idea! I’m so glad you wrote about it, Holly. Such a terrific concept!
    .-= jess gonacha swift´s last blog ..cody hudson =-.

• Reply Metal Wall Art April 22, 2010 at 6:30 am

Brilliant idea! Our homes’ decoration is the most changeable element of the built environment. It gives us the chance to model or amend space as deemed fit and therefore, personalize it. Thanks!
    .-= Metal Wall Art´s last blog ..Brilliant New Mirrors =-.

• Reply Metal Wall Art October 6, 2010 at 6:35 pm

if you think of art wall you choose the combination of layouts, sizes, mediums and artwork from what is inspired globally.

• Reply Metal Wall Art January 15, 2011 at 2:37 pm

This is such a great idea! This post inspires me and gave me ideas to redecorate my room. Changing my dull room into an artistic and lively one. Keep up the good work!

• Reply John May 14, 2011 at 1:54 am

I love the concept. It has a similar appeal to it as does a mural.

• Reply BettyKimberly May 7, 2014 at 11:53 am

Wow! what a fabulous idea! gives great inspiration to others. keep it up!!

• Reply Emily Hunter December 5, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love the images you’ve posted – especially the first with the collection of beautiful things on the wall, I myself am rather fond of the tree and bird wall art stickers that my sister has just put up in her living room!