Selina Rose

December 10, 2009

I fell in love this morning with award-winning textile designer Selina Rose after seeing her products over at Bodie & Fou (10% off everything on their site until Dec. 20th: enter code XMAS09 at checkout). Selina is a  London-based designer who uses cutting-edge technology to create intricate and beautiful felted runners and throws, but also brilliant wallpaper, panels, pillows and rugs. Here’s but a glimpse… so tactile and cozy!

Selina Rose

Selina Rose

Selina Rose

Selina Rose

All products are made from 100% wool felt that is renewable and biodegradable and environmentally friendly dyes are used to create her distinctive color palette. All designs and manufacturing are done in the UK and custom work is available. Lovely work!

(images: selina rose)

You Might Also Like

• Reply laura trevey December 10, 2009 at 8:19 am

These are so beaur

• Reply laura trevey December 10, 2009 at 8:20 am

These are so beautiful. I have a thing for butterflies!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Girls Night Out, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10 =-.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids December 10, 2009 at 8:20 am

Wow those are simply gorgeous ! thx for sharing :)
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..Eye Candy Pictures =-.

• Reply krista - urbanite jewelry December 10, 2009 at 8:36 am

.-= krista – urbanite jewelry´s last blog ..shanghai, china – earrings =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie December 10, 2009 at 9:23 am

Oh my, these are gorgeous! I would feel very cozy with any of these lovely felted items in my home :)
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Blur of a Weekend… =-.

• Reply abeautifulparty December 10, 2009 at 9:27 am

these are gorgeous! I like that they are both complicated and simple. very modern.
    .-= abeautifulparty´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Lecia December 10, 2009 at 9:46 am

I just bought a set of her flowers for the wall last week (haven’t gotten around to hanging them yet). Great feature!
    .-= Lecia´s last blog ..reflections =-.

• Reply Deb December 10, 2009 at 11:15 am

I liked the bed throw so I check it out at her store: £349.99?????
    .-= Deb´s last blog ..Trend Watch: Mobile Phone As Companion =-.

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2009 at 11:57 am

Deb – The price may reflect the care she puts into sourcing eco-friendly materials and hiring locally to manufacture her goods vs. outsourcing them to China. I’m sure that it takes considerable time and resources to make a single throw and also to compensate the person fairly who is making it, as well as taxes involved, studio costs, etc. so when you consider all of that I bet that price is fair. I personally know what you mean, I cannot afford to spend that myself, but I think we’re all quite spoiled by all of the Made In China 19.99 items that we find in big box stores that when we do find exclusive wares that we consider expensive it’s easy to assume that the designer is just marking it up to take advantage of the consumer. I really don’t know, in this case, what her profit margin is and it’s not my business but usually this is what happens in this industry — designers make really great things, people complain over high pricing, and then you find “just like it” designs in a big box store in 6 months for a fraction of the price. It’s hard I think for these designers to compete these days and still remain profitable and fair. What do you think Deb? It’s hard to imagine paying that for a throw though, again, I agree!!!

• Reply khristian a. howell December 10, 2009 at 1:07 pm

wow!! so gorgeous and rich!
    .-= khristian a. howell´s last blog ..artist i love – jesse breytenbach… =-.

• Reply steffy December 10, 2009 at 1:15 pm

oh my dear. i love those carpet thingies…. awesome. on the table, on the floor – great!

• Reply Tennille December 10, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Beautiful and Clever! I would love to use these products in so many areas of my home. Thank you for introducing me to them.
    I do agree that the price likely reflects the quality and keeping in the designer’s standards. I lived in the UK for several years and manufacturing there is certainly more expensive than outsourcing overseas. I personally hope these designs are not copied and “cheapened”.
    .-= Tennille´s last blog ..Holiday Tips for Combined Families =-.

• Reply Tati December 10, 2009 at 2:30 pm

LOVE IT! They’re really beautiful.
    I just added this post in my shared items on Google Reader.
    Amazing. I’m a huge fan of felted stuff.

.-= Tati´s last blog ..A Little Talkative Today =-.

• Reply Kiran December 10, 2009 at 3:27 pm

They are so beautiful! Origami inspired looks and creativity :) I want some!
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Part 2 – A visit to the Astronaut Hall of Fame =-.

• Reply Decofabulous December 10, 2009 at 8:48 pm

I am in to felt at the moment (Christmas present crafting) so it’s truly inspiring to see such amazing work.
    .-= Decofabulous´s last blog ..Flickr finds: Constança’s home tour =-.

• Reply Deb December 11, 2009 at 1:10 pm

The monetary value of an item is not the sum of the cost and profit. It’s how much people will pay for it. A handbag can be priced 50 bucks at store, 10 bucks used, and tenfold in 15 years when it’s then considered vintage. It has nothing to do with cost. Even if the bed-throw cost of production was £349.99, you can’t automagically attach that to it’s price. When you look at other products in same range of quality, design, manufactured locally, and eco-friendly materials, it’s clear that the throw can’t be valued at £349.99. Well… maybe it can, if someone actually pays that amount for it :).

• Reply Deb December 11, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Actually, I’m not sure about the pricing anymore. I did a google search and found felt cut out textiles ranging from $20-$1800.

• Reply homeremedy December 15, 2009 at 6:25 pm

We love Selina Rose! In the U.S., you can purchase some of her pillows here: http://www.homeremedynyc.com/results.php?category=4