Happy Weekend!

The day has slipped through my fingers like sand! I woke up at the crack of dawn today to prepare for a trip up north to shop with my friend Anne — and shop we did! We hit HEMA and had the best time. It’s my version of Target over here, only with a bit of a “Am I in Tokyo?” aesthetic — things are so kawaii in that store — the product packaging is adorable.

Frazier & Wing

I’ll photograph some of my loot and share it on Monday… I’m home now but have had quite a full day — it’s nearly 9 pm, so if you don’t mind I’m signing off for the weekend. I had such a nice and refreshing time and the best part, even above the shopping, was the quality time I had with my friend who is a product designer and shop owner. We were able to talk about some of the topics that we’re most passionate about and these are always the conversations that I walk away from feeling positive, stimulated and bursting from the seams with creative energy.

I’d like to wish you all a lovely weekend… I am attending an opening party tomorrow at a new store in my neighborhood (this lady has set up shop), then taking the train out to a nearby town to have dinner at a friends house, and on Sunday I plan to work on styling and shooting some parts of my home along with having my photo taken for a magazine in Australia. There is much to do! And what about you? Any plans?

Frazier & Wing

And by the way, you simply must read the comments on this post. Word. You are all something else. Talk about inspiration. xo

(images: the lovely frazier & wing, whom I wrote about today at real simple.)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on December 11, 2009

1. Shannon at Old World Charm commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Lucky you! I bet you had a ball. Can’t wait to see what you managed to find on your shopping trip.

Have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Shannon
    .-= Shannon at Old World Charm´s last blog ..Here’s to a Happy, Spirit-filled, and Stylish Season =-.

2. Nina commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 3:59pm

I love those fluffy things!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..My wonderland =-.

3. Deepali Kalia commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 4:51pm

you are so talented love your blog
    .-= Deepali Kalia´s last blog ..Elements =-.

4. juliette commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 5:26pm

aghh – would kill for a HEMA down here! lucky you!! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..2 wreaths and a dose of perspective =-.

5. Virginia commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 6:02pm

I just woke my hubby up and told him we have to go to Hema/Oldenburg tomorrow. You reminded me of how beautiful their paper ware is :) Thanks :)

6. Sherrie commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 7:35pm

The pink blossoms wrapping paper in that last photo is completely sweet. I’m making garland like this for my white tree out of handmade paper. Only leaves to match the design on my glass ball ornaments.

I just want to say that no matter how long your posts are, I never bore of reading what you say. Truly. That’s a gift.

7. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 8:32pm

Love the red & pink presents!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Top 10 In-Flight Essentials for the Holiday Traveler =-.

8. My Owl Barn commented
    December 11th, 2009 at 11:22pm

I am in India (my home!) and taking the weekend off to do catching up with my friends and family. It’s a great weather here so I am planning to visit in the morning to some of my favorite spots in town with my friends.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Friday Freebie + Thank You + India Trip =-.

9. fat mum slim commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 1:56am

Those are such delicious packages. I wish they were for me.

Now.. I’m a neeeeeeeeed to know what magazine you are going to be in because 1. I’m Australian. 2. I neeeeeeeeeed to know!

Have a lovely weekend. See you back here next week. xx
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Flowered Friday. =-.

10. Mai commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 2:03am

Amazing! Uhh..any idea on how to make those awesome streamers?
    .-= Mai´s last blog ..Check out what I got! =-.

11. Daniella commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 3:35am

Wow, fantastic find! I am in Australia and read your blog daily, would love to see your ideas and finds in the pages of an Australian magazine. What magazine will it be in?

12. hinke commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 4:39am

How funny you love the Hema that much! There was an investigation in the Netherlands, they asked people what they think is the best local brand and Hema was the big winner! I love those garlands.
    .-= hinke´s last blog ..sigh… =-.

13. decor8 commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 5:47am

Daniella – I will let you know as soon as I can — watch decor8 in February!

14. decor8 commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 5:50am

Virginia – Don’t miss the markets there too – and their gorgeous carousel near the old church in the center. :) And just over the border (you can take an express bus from Oldenburg) you can go to a really large Hema store. :)

15. Pixel Wild Child commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 5:54am

Love the holiday mood your photos have! :O)
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..The Amazing Building Art of Greek Artist Alexandros Vasmoulakis =-.

16. laura trevey commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 6:57am

Such happy colors!! Fabulous weekend to you!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Tea Cup, Original Watercolor Painting, 5 by 7 =-.

17. Zoe Mcduncan commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Great blog very inspiring :)
    .-= Zoe Mcduncan´s last blog ..Human Rights =-.

18. Carol Maguire commented
    December 12th, 2009 at 6:36pm

Pink is my very favorite Christmas color! Bravo!

19. Kangaroo-kids.net commented
    December 13th, 2009 at 12:59am

Really great packages ! impressive

20. Emma commented
    December 13th, 2009 at 1:21am

Holly I need to know which Australian magazine you’re in too – hopefully one of the (ahem..many) I subscribe to. I’ll keep an eye out.
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ Breaking News } =-.

21. gina commented
    December 13th, 2009 at 7:54pm

I love your blog. Such eye candy with out the real calories! Sweet and delish! keep up the great work!

22. OhhhMhhh commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 4:53am

Hema is the best! They have so cute kids stuff there too. Love them! Will be visiting the store in Oldenburg next week. Hope, they have the stuff you bought there too. Looks adorable! It’s a shame that we don’t have Hema or Tiger in Hamburg… or Hannover…
    .-= OhhhMhhh´s last blog ..Mhhhontags-Rezept: Wachmacher-Shake von Jamie Oliver =-.

23. decor8 commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 4:55am

OhhhMhhh: YES I agree!!! I don’t get it either. My friend and I were saying the same thing: Why isn’t HEMA in Hamburg or Hannover, both major shopping cities with great pedestrian-only shopping areas. Maybe they’ll catch on and come here. I hope so!

24. Pia commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:01am

LOVE it!
    thanks for this ideas..

kiss

25. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 9:29am

It’s Monday and I’m only happy to say that;-) because pics are coming from your weekend!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..When the Art Market Is a Big Bully, You Got to Get Arthletic =-.