uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

December 11, 2009

The day has slipped through my fingers like sand! I woke up at the crack of dawn today to prepare for a trip up north to shop with my friend Anne — and shop we did! We hit HEMA and had the best time. It’s my version of Target over here, only with a bit of a “Am I in Tokyo?” aesthetic — things are so kawaii in that store — the product packaging is adorable.

Happy Weekend!

I’ll photograph some of my loot and share it on Monday… I’m home now but have had quite a full day — it’s nearly 9 pm, so if you don’t mind I’m signing off for the weekend. I had such a nice and refreshing time and the best part, even above the shopping, was the quality time I had with my friend who is a product designer and shop owner. We were able to talk about some of the topics that we’re most passionate about and these are always the conversations that I walk away from feeling positive, stimulated and bursting from the seams with creative energy.

I’d like to wish you all a lovely weekend… I am attending an opening party tomorrow at a new store in my neighborhood (this lady has set up shop), then taking the train out to a nearby town to have dinner at a friends house, and on Sunday I plan to work on styling and shooting some parts of my home along with having my photo taken for a magazine in Australia. There is much to do! And what about you? Any plans?

Happy Weekend!

And by the way, you simply must read the comments on this post. Word. You are all something else. Talk about inspiration. xo

(images: the lovely frazier & wing, whom I wrote about today at real simple.)

You Might Also Like

25 Comments

• Reply Shannon at Old World Charm December 11, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Lucky you! I bet you had a ball. Can’t wait to see what you managed to find on your shopping trip.

Have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Shannon
    .-= Shannon at Old World Charm´s last blog ..Here’s to a Happy, Spirit-filled, and Stylish Season =-.

• Reply Nina December 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I love those fluffy things!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..My wonderland =-.

• Reply Deepali Kalia December 11, 2009 at 4:51 pm

you are so talented love your blog
    .-= Deepali Kalia´s last blog ..Elements =-.

• Reply juliette December 11, 2009 at 5:26 pm

aghh – would kill for a HEMA down here! lucky you!! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..2 wreaths and a dose of perspective =-.

• Reply Virginia December 11, 2009 at 6:02 pm

I just woke my hubby up and told him we have to go to Hema/Oldenburg tomorrow. You reminded me of how beautiful their paper ware is :) Thanks :)

• Reply decor8 December 12, 2009 at 5:50 am

Virginia – Don’t miss the markets there too – and their gorgeous carousel near the old church in the center. :) And just over the border (you can take an express bus from Oldenburg) you can go to a really large Hema store. :)

• Reply Sherrie December 11, 2009 at 7:35 pm

The pink blossoms wrapping paper in that last photo is completely sweet. I’m making garland like this for my white tree out of handmade paper. Only leaves to match the design on my glass ball ornaments.

I just want to say that no matter how long your posts are, I never bore of reading what you say. Truly. That’s a gift.

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee December 11, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Love the red & pink presents!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Top 10 In-Flight Essentials for the Holiday Traveler =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn December 11, 2009 at 11:22 pm

I am in India (my home!) and taking the weekend off to do catching up with my friends and family. It’s a great weather here so I am planning to visit in the morning to some of my favorite spots in town with my friends.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Friday Freebie + Thank You + India Trip =-.

• Reply fat mum slim December 12, 2009 at 1:56 am

Those are such delicious packages. I wish they were for me.

Now.. I’m a neeeeeeeeed to know what magazine you are going to be in because 1. I’m Australian. 2. I neeeeeeeeeed to know!

Have a lovely weekend. See you back here next week. xx
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Flowered Friday. =-.

• Reply Mai December 12, 2009 at 2:03 am

Amazing! Uhh..any idea on how to make those awesome streamers?
    .-= Mai´s last blog ..Check out what I got! =-.

• Reply Daniella December 12, 2009 at 3:35 am

Wow, fantastic find! I am in Australia and read your blog daily, would love to see your ideas and finds in the pages of an Australian magazine. What magazine will it be in?

• Reply decor8 December 12, 2009 at 5:47 am

Daniella – I will let you know as soon as I can — watch decor8 in February!

• Reply hinke December 12, 2009 at 4:39 am

How funny you love the Hema that much! There was an investigation in the Netherlands, they asked people what they think is the best local brand and Hema was the big winner! I love those garlands.
    .-= hinke´s last blog ..sigh… =-.

• Reply Pixel Wild Child December 12, 2009 at 5:54 am

Love the holiday mood your photos have! :O)
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..The Amazing Building Art of Greek Artist Alexandros Vasmoulakis =-.

• Reply laura trevey December 12, 2009 at 6:57 am

Such happy colors!! Fabulous weekend to you!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Tea Cup, Original Watercolor Painting, 5 by 7 =-.

• Reply Zoe Mcduncan December 12, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Great blog very inspiring :)
    .-= Zoe Mcduncan´s last blog ..Human Rights =-.

• Reply Carol Maguire December 12, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Pink is my very favorite Christmas color! Bravo!

• Reply Kangaroo-kids.net December 13, 2009 at 12:59 am

Really great packages ! impressive

• Reply Emma December 13, 2009 at 1:21 am

Holly I need to know which Australian magazine you’re in too – hopefully one of the (ahem..many) I subscribe to. I’ll keep an eye out.
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ Breaking News } =-.

• Reply gina December 13, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I love your blog. Such eye candy with out the real calories! Sweet and delish! keep up the great work!

• Reply OhhhMhhh December 14, 2009 at 4:53 am

Hema is the best! They have so cute kids stuff there too. Love them! Will be visiting the store in Oldenburg next week. Hope, they have the stuff you bought there too. Looks adorable! It’s a shame that we don’t have Hema or Tiger in Hamburg… or Hannover…
    .-= OhhhMhhh´s last blog ..Mhhhontags-Rezept: Wachmacher-Shake von Jamie Oliver =-.

• Reply decor8 December 14, 2009 at 4:55 am

OhhhMhhh: YES I agree!!! I don’t get it either. My friend and I were saying the same thing: Why isn’t HEMA in Hamburg or Hannover, both major shopping cities with great pedestrian-only shopping areas. Maybe they’ll catch on and come here. I hope so!

• Reply Pia December 14, 2009 at 5:01 am

LOVE it!
    thanks for this ideas..

kiss

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter December 14, 2009 at 9:29 am

It’s Monday and I’m only happy to say that;-) because pics are coming from your weekend!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..When the Art Market Is a Big Bully, You Got to Get Arthletic =-.