Inspiration

New: Interior Styling Group

December 14, 2009

I’m excited to announce a new, inspirational group I’ve created over on Flickr called Interior Styling for both budding and seasoned interior stylists (maybe you?) who want to share photos, participate in discussions in the group forum, and participate in once monthly challenges that will begin in January – each challenge will be announced on the 1st of the month but you have to join the group to read the forum and participate!

New: Interior Styling Group

Challenges will include specifics that I’ll ask members to incorporate into one of their photos — colors, patterns, themes, etc. Members do not have to participate, the challenges are optional and meant to be fun giving you a chance to show your skills and stretch your creative legs a bit!

Photos should be styled and photographed by you and also show your best work – the goal is to build a group of stylists and stylists-in-training who can support one another, learn, grow and of course share their talent.

I just started the group a few hours ago, so there are not a lot of photos yet in the group pool but this one from Adore Vintage, a group member, really stood out as an outstanding example of what I mean by a styled shot. A photo where you’ve carefully arranged items and then photographed that arrangement. It can be of pottery you’ve arranged on a shelf or your entire living room — the goal is to submit photos that you’re proud of and that you took time and imagination to style and shoot.

Have fun, see you in the Interior Styling group!

(image: Adore Vintage)

You Might Also Like

33 Comments

• Reply Pixie December 14, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Oh, I love this idea! I’m going to flickr now…I particularly love the challenge idea. That’s what I need! Get me motivated to do creative stuff.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..Lonny Love =-.

• Reply Victoria Klein December 14, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Joined! I am excited about the monthly challenges – I need some inspiration to get my creative butt in gear. :)
    .-= Victoria Klein´s last blog ..Brand New Photo Print in My Etsy Shop: Shades of Blush =-.

• Reply juliette December 14, 2009 at 5:37 pm

what a fun idea! should be handy for those signed up for the new class, too! nice!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..2 wreaths and a dose of perspective =-.

• Reply Iva December 14, 2009 at 5:46 pm

What a fabulous idea!! It is so inspiring to share experience and ideas with other people interested in what you do :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Life =-.

• Reply Diana December 14, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Ooh Holly this sounds like FUN! I’m definitely signing up. I have a feeling these challenges will also help me keep my house both clean and prettily decorated!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Arts in RI heads Downcity =-.

• Reply B December 14, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I’m excited to see the group entries. I’m not a budding stylist, but since I started my blog, I’m seeing how difficult it is to get translate the 3D image before you into a personal yet uncluttered shot to share in a photo. I bet there will be a lot to learn from this group.
    .-= B´s last blog ..Thank You Gathering Spriggs =-.

• Reply Kathi @ allthingswhite December 14, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I just love this idea !!! I feel like I could learn so much from a group like this- thanks so much.
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Vintage Swirl Planter =-.

• Reply Concha December 14, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Congratulations Holly!

For months and months I’ve searched Flickr in search of beautifully styled photos… finally there’s a place for them! :)

I’m happy to participate!
    .-= Concha´s last blog ..Pura Lã :: Pure Wool =-.

• Reply heather j December 14, 2009 at 6:32 pm

what an awesome idea. on my way to join now. can’t wait to see all the loveliness!

• Reply Priya December 14, 2009 at 6:51 pm

I just joined the group on flickr and am really curious about the challenges. It sounds like fun! Writing a blog has made me realize the importance of pictures. As a reader, I respond to the picture before I take in the words, so styling is everything!
    .-= Priya´s last blog ..Loving your home: Katja and Minna of Nestled In =-.

• Reply Bettina December 14, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Great, just great! Want to participate.

• Reply B December 14, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Oh! I just saw the “no flash photography” rule. My camera is so awful that images are completely distorted if I don’t use flash. Only occasionally can I get any sort of in-focus image without it. Good thing that’s on my Christmas list!
    .-= B´s last blog ..Thank You Gathering Spriggs =-.

• Reply Alison Gibbs December 14, 2009 at 8:19 pm

This sounds like a fabulous idea. Think I’ll be signing up.
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..OH CHRISTMAS TREE..OH CHRISTMAS TREE & WE HAVE A WINNER =-.

• Reply julie December 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm

ooh that sounds like fun, might just give it a go!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..lonny mag take two =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 14, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Such a great group! I love it and can’t wait to see all of the inspiring shots!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by Miss Capricho =-.

• Reply lux December 15, 2009 at 1:55 am

This is awesome & something I’ve been trying to find on Flickr for a while. We’re moving from Portland OR to Portland ME in March, to a house with windows (this doesn’t sound like a big deal to most, but our current living situation has almost no natural light & our walls are brown!), so I’ll definitely be participating then. I can’t wait to see what people have to offer!

• Reply onegrandhome December 15, 2009 at 2:12 am

Interesting and groundbreaking as always.

• Reply Tina December 15, 2009 at 2:23 am

I will visit often for lots of inspiration.
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..??? ????? "?????’?? ????? ???" ????????????????? ?????? =-.

• Reply simplygrove December 15, 2009 at 2:36 am

What a lovely idea Holly! I just joined. cant wait to view everyones work!!!

• Reply Elisabeth December 15, 2009 at 2:49 am

What a challenging idea ! I hope I will have enough inspiration, I would love to participate !
    .-= Elisabeth´s last blog ..New illustrations =-.

• Reply Nora December 15, 2009 at 8:04 am

great idea, see you on flickr!
    .-= Nora´s last blog ..Guten Morgen =-.

• Reply Elissa December 15, 2009 at 9:57 am

Sounds like fun! I’m going over to flickr now to sign up.
    .-= Elissa´s last blog ..Yea! =-.

• Reply Style Scout December 15, 2009 at 10:17 am

Thanks for doing this! I have been a stylist for 15 years, and this is a great opportunity for me to challenge and motivate myself. I just hope i can keep up!

• Reply Cheryl December 15, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I just signed up. I’m already feeling the challenge, the out of my comfort zone, a good thing.

• Reply Emma December 15, 2009 at 3:37 pm

I’ve joined up with gusto Holly! Am really looking forward to the challenges in the new year, I have just quit my {boring} desk job to follow my passions with photography, craft, visual merchandising and styling so I need all the motivation I can get to keep me so inspired – this flickr group is a great way to bounce ideas and tap other peoples brains that are passionate about similar things to me.
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ Homemade Christmas Crayons } =-.

• Reply sandra@botanys December 15, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I just love the idea. I can’t wait to participate especially once we really go into the winter season in Jan. and Feb.
    .-= sandra@botanys´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply {this is glamorous} December 15, 2009 at 11:31 pm

such a fantastic idea! much more difficult than it looks, but definitely fun trying

xo
    .-= {this is glamorous}´s last blog ..{inspiration: photography & styling} =-.

• Reply belinda December 16, 2009 at 5:21 am

i’m there! joined and may have got carried away adding too many pics (sorry!). a great idea but darn it – i don’t need any more time wasters, missy, and i have a feeling im going to be spending a lot of time there…. x
    .-= belinda´s last blog ..xmas giveaway: dandi fabric ornaments =-.

• Reply emma lamb December 17, 2009 at 4:17 am

this is a fabulous idea for a group, i’m looking forward to your monthly challenges… :)
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..colour your monday happy… =-.

• Reply hawthorne girl December 18, 2009 at 4:02 pm

holly, this is so exciting. i can’t wait to join the group. thank you so much for keeping me motivated!
    .-= hawthorne girl´s last blog ..happy birthday to you! =-.

• Reply Sheila December 31, 2009 at 1:50 pm

LOVE the group and pictures! Just posted it on my new blog http://www.shoppopdotcom.blogspot.com (with credit of course!) for my Brooklyn boutique POP and soon to launch online shop, http://www.shoppop.com. Check it out:) Sheila

• Reply soniadutt January 15, 2013 at 8:15 am

Just joined & very excited…loking forward !!

• Reply soniadutt January 15, 2013 at 8:16 am

Just joined & very excited…looking forward !