New: Interior Styling Group

I’m excited to announce a new, inspirational group I’ve created over on Flickr called Interior Styling for both budding and seasoned interior stylists (maybe you?) who want to share photos, participate in discussions in the group forum, and participate in once monthly challenges that will begin in January – each challenge will be announced on the 1st of the month but you have to join the group to read the forum and participate!

Please join~

Challenges will include specifics that I’ll ask members to incorporate into one of their photos — colors, patterns, themes, etc. Members do not have to participate, the challenges are optional and meant to be fun giving you a chance to show your skills and stretch your creative legs a bit!

Photos should be styled and photographed by you and also show your best work – the goal is to build a group of stylists and stylists-in-training who can support one another, learn, grow and of course share their talent.

I just started the group a few hours ago, so there are not a lot of photos yet in the group pool but this one from Adore Vintage, a group member, really stood out as an outstanding example of what I mean by a styled shot. A photo where you’ve carefully arranged items and then photographed that arrangement. It can be of pottery you’ve arranged on a shelf or your entire living room — the goal is to submit photos that you’re proud of and that you took time and imagination to style and shoot.

Have fun, see you in the Interior Styling group!

(image: Adore Vintage)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on December 14, 2009

1. Pixie commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:13pm

Oh, I love this idea! I’m going to flickr now…I particularly love the challenge idea. That’s what I need! Get me motivated to do creative stuff.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..Lonny Love =-.

2. Victoria Klein commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:24pm

Joined! I am excited about the monthly challenges – I need some inspiration to get my creative butt in gear. :)
    .-= Victoria Klein´s last blog ..Brand New Photo Print in My Etsy Shop: Shades of Blush =-.

3. juliette commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:37pm

what a fun idea! should be handy for those signed up for the new class, too! nice!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..2 wreaths and a dose of perspective =-.

4. Iva commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:46pm

What a fabulous idea!! It is so inspiring to share experience and ideas with other people interested in what you do :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Life =-.

5. Diana commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:47pm

Ooh Holly this sounds like FUN! I’m definitely signing up. I have a feeling these challenges will also help me keep my house both clean and prettily decorated!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Arts in RI heads Downcity =-.

6. B commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:49pm

I’m excited to see the group entries. I’m not a budding stylist, but since I started my blog, I’m seeing how difficult it is to get translate the 3D image before you into a personal yet uncluttered shot to share in a photo. I bet there will be a lot to learn from this group.
    .-= B´s last blog ..Thank You Gathering Spriggs =-.

7. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:18pm

I just love this idea !!! I feel like I could learn so much from a group like this- thanks so much.
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Vintage Swirl Planter =-.

8. Concha commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:21pm

Congratulations Holly!

For months and months I’ve searched Flickr in search of beautifully styled photos… finally there’s a place for them! :)

I’m happy to participate!
    .-= Concha´s last blog ..Pura Lã :: Pure Wool =-.

9. heather j commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:32pm

what an awesome idea. on my way to join now. can’t wait to see all the loveliness!

10. Priya commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:51pm

I just joined the group on flickr and am really curious about the challenges. It sounds like fun! Writing a blog has made me realize the importance of pictures. As a reader, I respond to the picture before I take in the words, so styling is everything!
    .-= Priya´s last blog ..Loving your home: Katja and Minna of Nestled In =-.

11. Bettina commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 6:55pm

Great, just great! Want to participate.

12. B commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 7:30pm

Oh! I just saw the “no flash photography” rule. My camera is so awful that images are completely distorted if I don’t use flash. Only occasionally can I get any sort of in-focus image without it. Good thing that’s on my Christmas list!
    .-= B´s last blog ..Thank You Gathering Spriggs =-.

13. Alison Gibbs commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 8:19pm

This sounds like a fabulous idea. Think I’ll be signing up.
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..OH CHRISTMAS TREE..OH CHRISTMAS TREE & WE HAVE A WINNER =-.

14. julie commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 8:49pm

ooh that sounds like fun, might just give it a go!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..lonny mag take two =-.

15. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 14th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Such a great group! I love it and can’t wait to see all of the inspiring shots!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by Miss Capricho =-.

16. lux commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:55am

This is awesome & something I’ve been trying to find on Flickr for a while. We’re moving from Portland OR to Portland ME in March, to a house with windows (this doesn’t sound like a big deal to most, but our current living situation has almost no natural light & our walls are brown!), so I’ll definitely be participating then. I can’t wait to see what people have to offer!

17. onegrandhome commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 2:12am

Interesting and groundbreaking as always.

18. Tina commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 2:23am

I will visit often for lots of inspiration.
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..??? ????? "?????’?? ????? ???" ????????????????? ?????? =-.

19. simplygrove commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 2:36am

What a lovely idea Holly! I just joined. cant wait to view everyones work!!!

20. Elisabeth commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 2:49am

What a challenging idea ! I hope I will have enough inspiration, I would love to participate !
    .-= Elisabeth´s last blog ..New illustrations =-.

21. Nora commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 8:04am

great idea, see you on flickr!
    .-= Nora´s last blog ..Guten Morgen =-.

22. Elissa commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 9:57am

Sounds like fun! I’m going over to flickr now to sign up.
    .-= Elissa´s last blog ..Yea! =-.

23. Style Scout commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 10:17am

Thanks for doing this! I have been a stylist for 15 years, and this is a great opportunity for me to challenge and motivate myself. I just hope i can keep up!

24. Cheryl commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 12:05pm

I just signed up. I’m already feeling the challenge, the out of my comfort zone, a good thing.

25. Emma commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 3:37pm

I’ve joined up with gusto Holly! Am really looking forward to the challenges in the new year, I have just quit my {boring} desk job to follow my passions with photography, craft, visual merchandising and styling so I need all the motivation I can get to keep me so inspired – this flickr group is a great way to bounce ideas and tap other peoples brains that are passionate about similar things to me.
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ Homemade Christmas Crayons } =-.

26. sandra@botanys commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 8:32pm

I just love the idea. I can’t wait to participate especially once we really go into the winter season in Jan. and Feb.
    .-= sandra@botanys´s last blog .. =-.

27. {this is glamorous} commented
    December 15th, 2009 at 11:31pm

such a fantastic idea! much more difficult than it looks, but definitely fun trying

xo
    .-= {this is glamorous}´s last blog ..{inspiration: photography & styling} =-.

28. belinda commented
    December 16th, 2009 at 5:21am

i’m there! joined and may have got carried away adding too many pics (sorry!). a great idea but darn it – i don’t need any more time wasters, missy, and i have a feeling im going to be spending a lot of time there…. x
    .-= belinda´s last blog ..xmas giveaway: dandi fabric ornaments =-.

29. emma lamb commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 4:17am

this is a fabulous idea for a group, i’m looking forward to your monthly challenges… :)
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..colour your monday happy… =-.

30. hawthorne girl commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 4:02pm

holly, this is so exciting. i can’t wait to join the group. thank you so much for keeping me motivated!
    .-= hawthorne girl´s last blog ..happy birthday to you! =-.

31. Sheila commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 1:50pm

LOVE the group and pictures! Just posted it on my new blog http://www.shoppopdotcom.blogspot.com (with credit of course!) for my Brooklyn boutique POP and soon to launch online shop, http://www.shoppop.com. Check it out:) Sheila

32. soniadutt commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:15am

Just joined & very excited…loking forward !!

33. soniadutt commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:16am

Just joined & very excited…looking forward !