Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Handmade Gifts

December 16, 2009

I skipped Etsy Take Five Tuesday this week intentionally — I want to share the decor8 gift guide instead that I created from the heart, filled with handmade finds on Etsy to fill your shopping cart with… Today we will enjoy several shops with many lovely things that I’ve carefully selected. Some of these sellers are ones that I’ve featured before, others not, but regardless you are sure to find some pretty things. I hope that you enjoy my selection, this took hours to pull together so if you like this round up please let me know so I can feel motivated to invest the time in pulling together more shopping round ups in 2010. :)

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Be Still Shop mosaic linen cushion cover $56, 2. Sandra Suy Flora print $35, 3. Segment earrings by Lila Ruby King $18, 4. Pretty Little Thieves Not Quite Sure print $15, 5. My Wire Empire Houndstooth Chair print $12, 6. Ice Cream original pen drawing by The State of Things $120 and 7. Maramiki kitchen towels set of 3 $45.

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Lizzy Stewart Russian card $3, 2. Shelly Klein pug pillow $98, 3. Stockton veggie print $12, 4. Septembear Together print $15, 5. Me Plus Molly petite purse $27, 6. Crafty Folk Beatrix brooch $35, 7. Wooden deer brooch by Enna $15 and 8. Irena Sophia Girl with a Fan print $20.

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Sycamore Street Press La vie en rose letterpress print $30, 2. Amy Blackwell Portrait of a Badger print $18, 3. Slightly Grumpy original watercolor painting by Poppo Portraits $50 and 4. Little Love Blue mushroom $15.

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Love Petit Zakka Japan stripes tape $15, 2. mud puppy vase $26, 3. Bec Winnel Statue of Eve print $25, 4. Oh Hello Friend hair pins $5, 5. Sooooound Motherhood print $30, 6. The Paper Apartment We Grew Together print $36, 7. Wren Handmade crochet necklace $65, 8. White Square teacup brooch $10, 9. wiyomu doily necklace $42 and 10. Naomi Murrell love necklace $40.

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Paper Zoo Designs Doe print $28, 2. Vintage Jane green/blue stool $22, 3. Vlas Store my dreams journal $18, 4. Gemma Bear cat mart print $12, 5. Joanna Rutter little vixen fox necklace $80, 6. Under The Stairs Studio 3-D folding card $4, 7. Charmaine Olivia carnival print $20, 8. Tuesday Morning Love Is Spoke Here print $20, 9. Wren Handmade fabric flower hair clips $10 and 10. Pepperminte Bobby print $20.

Etsy Handmade Gifts

1. Sarah Lucretia print $13, 2. Dozi 2010 pocket planners $11.50, 3. Miss Natalie apple box with lid $30, 4. Little Black Rabbit clutch $65, 5. Spoons I print by Amy Karol $18 and 6. The Vamoose pompom necklace $62.

Bonus item not shown: Vintage truck toy box from Ethanollie $49. Darling!

What are your favorites?

(images linked to their sources above)

63 Comments

• Reply katie smith December 16, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Ohmygosh! Love that LOVE necklace…any everything else in this huge post! Great stuff!! Etsy rocks!
    .-= katie smith´s last blog ..Gimme Post =-.

• Reply lesley December 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm

wow! gorgeous guide, thanks for sharing! i love the carnival print by charmaine olivia, the necklaces and hairpins…well, everything is lovely. Great to find some new art choices too, that I hadn’t seen before.

• Reply Jessica Doyle December 16, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I really like the first grouping of items especially the pillow and kitchen towels.
    .-= Jessica Doyle´s last blog ..The 2009 Christmas Wishlist =-.

• Reply lindsay December 16, 2009 at 1:03 pm

All the illustrations are wonderful. That little mushroom is quite charming as well.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Joy Ride. =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Oh I’m so glad you all took the time to let me know what you enjoyed here — it’s nice to see what is your taste… :)

• Reply Helena December 16, 2009 at 1:10 pm

everything! but I especially love the “la vie en rose” and “love print”, the wooden apple and the pompom necklace! but to be fair I love them all!
    .-= Helena´s last blog ..Donna’s creatures =-.

• Reply Nancy December 16, 2009 at 1:31 pm

All of these are so wonderful!
    .-= Nancy´s last blog ..Today has been a good day! =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Jessie – That apple has a lid – did you see that? I did not under careful inspection which sealed the deal for me, I had to blog it. I love the idea of hiding something inside of the apple. I also think that if I had a child it would make a cute gift for them to give to their teacher with a sweet note inside.

• Reply Jessie December 16, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Beautiful selections, Holly – I love everything – especially the petite purse, the crochet necklace and the wooden apple. Yes, more please!!
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..Flickr Favorites =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Oh my! What a beautiful and incredibly thoughtful gift guide hun! I know very well how long this must have taken you and I want you to know, that not only do I appreciate your doing so I LOVE you doing so! I adore gift guides and gift lists and there are several folks here I did not know of so, thank you for all of the beautiful introductions! You are a gem and a doll and please, pleeeease do more in 2010~ :)
    xoxo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..So sorry….. =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Melissa will you run away with me? Serious, you are so nice and caring — your comments and emails are always like the warmest hugs!

• Reply christen December 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm

amazingness.. as usual :)
    .-= christen´s last blog ..do what you love what you do . 8×10 art print =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn December 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Holly, you did such a great job with this post. Yes, I love the gift guide and would like it next year too. Thanks for all the hard work :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Scarf+Chocolate =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm

My Owl Barn – Oh thank you — I will do some more next year then — maybe with each season, like a Spring gift guide, Summer, Autumn and Winter. :)

• Reply Katie Stephenson December 16, 2009 at 2:11 pm

YES. I love gift guides. When I see that someone thinks something is special enough to put it in a gift guide, it makes me look at it a little harder, a little different. I love these gift guides and you are a very good merchandiser too…everything looks so pretty, pretty pretty. Favorites? Gemma Corell is really charming me lately, and I love the mudpuppy vase, and the turquoise badger is pretty special too.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..thank you, decor8 =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Katie thank you very much, what a nice thing to say — merchandising is my thing and sometimes I wish I had the money or financial back up to open a bunch of holly shops so I could just bring decor8 to life. One can dream!!!

• Reply tara December 16, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I have been collecting prints with words in them, so I’m partial to the ‘love is spoken here’ print. Other faves are the doily necklace and the clutch. Thanks for putting this together.
    .-= tara´s last blog ..Sick Knitter =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson December 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm

ps, I’ve bought 10 gifts so far from Etsy this year :)
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..thank you, decor8 =-.

• Reply alli michelle December 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Holly, thanks for sharing all of these finds! Also, I’m loving your new Interior Styling group on flickr – every day I check back & find new, inspiring images.
    .-= alli michelle´s last blog ..holiday shop update + giveaway =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Alli Michelle – Me too, I had no clue so many would respond so quickly. Thank you for being a part of the group.

• Reply Katja December 16, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Wonderful picks! I just added many of them to my Etsy favorites and actually my favorites already include a few things from these sellers, I think we have similar taste :) Be Still Shop has the most amazing pillowcases, I’m always drooling after them :)
    .-= Katja´s last blog ..Color Crush =-.

• Reply Pam December 16, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I need some hair candy. those hair pins from Hello,friend are really sweet.
    that spoon print really appeals to me because they’re vintage looking.
    thanks,for sharing.

• Reply Alison December 16, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Hmm beautiful gift ideas from Holly? Um yes, you could say I want more of these! I love the tea towels, the crochet necklace, the apple box, and the together print! Oh my! (Thank you Holly!)
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..My top ten books =-.

• Reply decor8 December 16, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Alison you’re so cute. :) Thank you honey.

• Reply lena December 16, 2009 at 2:59 pm

That “love” necklace is definitely in my shopping cart! Great round-up (:
    .-= lena´s last blog ..Reading Projects =-.

• Reply lotte December 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Don’t tell me you don’t like to shop around on etsy…
    Who doesn’t!
    I love etsy but still don’t quiet know how to find my way around.
    THANK YOU for pointing out the good stuff!

Lotte

• Reply amanda December 16, 2009 at 3:19 pm

holly, this list is amazing! a few of the shops you mentioned are on my fav list too ;-) and i recently disovered the vamoose shop. aren’t peppermints prints the greatest? i love them. and thanks for sharing this with us.
    .-= amanda´s last blog ..holy shit shopping =-.

• Reply Kat December 16, 2009 at 3:38 pm

The apple steals my heart! It has a lid- even better!
    the crochet necklaces at Wren handmade are a close runner up.
    Like Melis said I know the work it’s taken and so appreciate it Holly.
    I’d love to see more in the yr ahead too I’m sure everyone would.
    Luv kat xo
    .-= Kat´s last blog ..Butterfly girl….Cheryl =-.

• Reply jenn December 16, 2009 at 3:43 pm

thanks so much for putting this together! love it all!

• Reply leslie December 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Totally gorgeous and inspiring picks -please, please Holly dear, do this again next year… xo :)
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Color Me Pretty Time =-.

• Reply julie December 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm

I LOVE gift guides – more please! I get lost for hours on Etsy just searching one particular thing so I would never have found all of these wonderful gifts – love the illustrations especially. Do you use really particular searches when looking for things? Whenever I search something on Etsy about a thousand results pop up which can be a little daunting. Oh and how cute is the deer brooch!!
    .-= julie´s last blog ..i’m going back to school =-.

• Reply Natalya December 16, 2009 at 6:29 pm

What a wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Natalya´s last blog ..SALE – Newsboy Hat – Free US Shipping – ONE ECRU READY TO SHIP =-.

• Reply jennifer December 16, 2009 at 6:33 pm

how lovely! i just love that pompom necklace! these finds are gorgeous!

• Reply Jessica December 16, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I’ll say that must have taken hours! I spent three hours on Etsy last night searching for a gift for my SIL and found lots of new shops but still can’t decide on a gift! I truly appreciate the time and care that went into this mammoth gift guide. Thank you Holly! Now I still can’t decide, LOL!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Sweet Links =-.

• Reply Mandy December 16, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Lovely group~ I’d like one of each!
    .-= Mandy´s last blog ..Sneak Peak =-.

• Reply kariusdeparius December 16, 2009 at 7:16 pm

MAGNIFIQUE!!! …warm red, pink brown, warm blue petrol, violet green tea & coffee, emerald green >>>
    Mmm >>> HAPPY friends and family will be with this stuff within!D
    GREAT JOB! PLEASE continue!

• Reply nan lawson December 16, 2009 at 7:27 pm

such an inspired collection. i love everything here… but i have a soft spot for the art/illustration (;
    .-= nan lawson´s last blog ..Red Sneaks – Pen and Ink Illustration – 8 x 10 – Print =-.

• Reply Kylie @ All Things Lovely December 16, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Too many to say which is my favourite, but I’m definitely clicking on a lot of links! Thanks Holly, I love that our taste is so similar so I’ll love most of what you find.
    .-= Kylie @ All Things Lovely´s last blog ..Amor Designs =-.

• Reply Zu December 16, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Gorgeous; thank you! It’s overwhelming to sort through the interwebz to find items, so I really appreciate this. I love your style, so this primer makes it easy!

• Reply jessica December 16, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Such beautiful things! Great list.

• Reply CreativeButterflyXOX December 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Beautiful, thanks for sharing :)
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Upcycled Ladies Mini Skirt with Union Jack Flag on Back Pocket =-.

• Reply Patrizia December 16, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Amazing finds. I am bookmarking this post! :P
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..Felt Roses =-.

• Reply barb jensen December 17, 2009 at 12:12 am

Fabulous group of wonderful finds. I love the crochet necklace, like so many others here so far. I have bookmarked many shops from your list, thanks!
    .-= barb jensen´s last blog ..Ice round as sculpture =-.

• Reply Stockton December 17, 2009 at 1:20 am

How exciting to find my veggie print included in this amazing group, thank you Holly! This collection is definitely inspiring, and I’d love to see more (almost has me wishing I hadn’t finished gift shopping already … but never too early to start planning for next year I guess ^_^). The The Vamoose pompom necklace and Wren Handmade crochet necklace especially … wow
    .-= Stockton´s last blog ..vegetable print =-.

• Reply Sandee December 17, 2009 at 2:22 am

Oooh, I want so many things, they’re all so lush! Esp. the Sandra Suy flora print!

Congratulations again on being in the Times for best pick of the Worlds best Design blogs!

Well done!
    :))

• Reply Pillipillihandmade December 17, 2009 at 3:52 am

I’m loving a little too much of this tuff…

Oh dearie… how to make Santa understand i WANT ALL OF IT?!

:o)

Happy Holidays!
    K.
    .-= Pillipillihandmade´s last blog ..Penguin and Fish! =-.

• Reply Mausumi December 17, 2009 at 4:14 am

All of these are great gifts!

I have already ordered some hair pins for my sister, I hope they reach me in time! ;)

I love handmade gifts, also, I love making my own gifts!
    This year, my parents can look forward to a handmade photo album from our recent family vacation, and home made aioli for my mother and home made chocolate bars (in a beautiful jar) for my father.

.-= Mausumi´s last blog ..The Advent Calendar; December 12th =-.

• Reply Judith b December 17, 2009 at 5:56 am

Wonderful, long and lush selection! To the doily necklace, the love necklace, the tea towels, the wooden apple, the darling mushroom and the petite purse already loved above, I would add that battered turquoise stool! Thank you, thank you! Love the color families you have created here!
    judith b.

• Reply Sarah December 17, 2009 at 9:54 am

I love gift guides and find that they often lead me to explore and discover other work by the artists that Iwould not have known about. I love putting them together on my blog each week, and use etsy as my source every time. I love the “love” necklace, the embroidered petite purse and the vixen necklace. Your hard work is much appreciated!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..FILTHY FARM GIRL =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill December 17, 2009 at 11:25 am

I know I am a bit late commenting, but I wanted to chime in just to say thank you – each and every one of these items has that “holly” stamp on it, and I adore & appreciate it!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Inspired By…Lonny Magazine {Winter ‘09} =-.

• Reply Annelies December 17, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Very nice post! I can search for hours on Etsy, but never find such a gorgeous selection! Wonder how you do that…

• Reply Cary December 17, 2009 at 4:33 pm

your blog is so beautiful and always such a joy to read… i’m truly honored when i find my work shown here so beautifully..
    .-= Cary´s last blog ..St. Lucia… =-.

• Reply Travelingmama December 17, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Oh, dear! I believe this is going to get me into a great deal of trouble. My husband is threatening to shut my etsy shopping down. Thankfully I have learned to bat my eyes and pucker my lips… he caves every time!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..Corner View: Books =-.

• Reply Two Brunettes December 17, 2009 at 7:18 pm

this is an amazing gift guide!!! SO beautiful.
    .-= Two Brunettes´s last blog ..What I Wore Today =-.

• Reply Unique Wedding Ideas December 20, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I absolutely LOVE the Irena Sophia prints. I have just checked out her page on Etsy and going to buy a couple – they are beautiful. Thanks for this its brilliant
    .-= Unique Wedding Ideas´s last blog ..A Tino & Pip Post-Wedding Style Shoot in The Pantiles =-.

• Reply wiyomu December 23, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Thanks for a lovely roundup, Holly. I added a lot of new favorites. :)
    .-= wiyomu´s last blog ..Luxe Leaf Locket (Gold) =-.

• Reply Regina December 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I love all of it, especially the prints and the purses. I really do appreciate you posting these to help me find great shops. I don’t have much luck when I just “browse” around etsy on my own. You always point me to beautiful, inspirational things!
    .-= Regina´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Sandra Darling January 3, 2010 at 6:01 am

so many gorgeous things to lust and love!

• Reply Gina Pericini January 21, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Being a shop on Etsy, I feel it is really hard to find what your looking for when your on a search. Just SOOOO many shops, and items to scroll through. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I found out about this blog through the Miramiki site linked from the Real Simple blog. Great picks!
    Gina Pericini

• Reply Tamms March 2, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Love Paper Apartment! We just got a bunch of her prints. “we gre togther” one of my favs!

• Reply Niki Ingard June 8, 2010 at 1:22 am

Great ideas.

• Reply Lynn Minney December 16, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I agree with Gina. Thanks for making shopping so easy for everyone!

• Reply Ashley January 2, 2011 at 8:22 pm

LOVE your work! very talented.