Stylist Christine Rudolph

Interior stylist Christine Rudolph produces work that is very tactile and story-like, her aesthetic is quite cozy with lots of the great outdoors brought in to style spaces, along with gorgeous chalky and smoky hues like charcoal and indigo blue –  a palette I’m currently swooning over.

Stylist Christine Rudolph

Stylist Christine Rudolph

I really like Christine’s eye, she has been officially added to my list of favorite stylists… She is represented by Judith Miller Inc. and those rooms above are but a a glimpse of her enormous creativity. What a gorgeous winter inspiration for today, at least in parts of the world where it is very cold like here in northern Germany… Just looking at the arrangements of the things in each photo, the palette, the texture, the patterns and the lighting – a bit moody – really stir in me a need to relax and cozy up today with a mug of homemade soup. :)

(images: christine rudolph/judith miller inc.)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on December 17, 2009

1. Beth perry commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 9:57am

such lovely inspiration!! I love the textures and the black and white and all the dimension! love love!
    .-= Beth perry´s last blog ..LOLA B’S AND SCRAPJACK =-.

2. laura trevey commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 10:51am

love the black and whites!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Girls Night Out, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10 =-.

3. katie runnels commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 11:42am

Storylike and cozy it is!!! I’d think I’d died and gone to heaven living in her world! xoxo

4. Marie-Eve Preaux commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 11:49am

Certainly, certainly you already know… but you were name one o the 50 of the world’s best design blogs by Timesonline! Congratulations on that well deserved recognition!

5. doreen commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 12:11pm

lovely photographs…those dark, moody colors seem to proliferate lately. Look at the work of architects Roman and Williams and interior designer Abigail Ahern. Perhaps its a return to Victorianism? Rooms like these remind me of cozy, dark cafes in Seattle, atmospheric with layers of lighting, inviting you in on a rainy day for a warm, steaming cappucino or as you say, a mug of homemade soup.

6. Zia Meadows commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 12:12pm

I love the blue on that wall it looks so cool with the black and white of the pictures- lovely!

7. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Thanks for introducing us to Christine and Judith Miller Inc. I see that Judith Miller represents photographers mostly for commercial clients. Does Christine not only style but photograph her work as well?? Talent!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Don’t Be Tardy for the Party =-.

8. decor8 commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 1:42pm

Lydia — Hi!!! :) Well from my research it appears as though Judith represents both photographers and stylists however you could be right, perhaps Christine does both but I’m not able to confirm this either way.

9. Piper commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Congrats on being listed in the top 50 design blogs – what an accomplishment!!!
    And I’m with you….I can’t get enough of gray and blue or gray and yellow or gray and red…. :)
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{gingerbread houses} =-.

10. blue bicicletta commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 2:15pm

OOh, I love the black and white palette in many of those shots—so much texture and different shapes keep it interesting—and another great picture wall—I love all of the different sizes and shapes there and the addition of items other than framed art!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Triangle Dance =-.

11. CreativeButterflyXOX commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 2:41pm

I love the black and white on the floor, is it a rug or tiles? I think it’s a rug?
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Upcycled Ladies Mini Skirt with Union Jack Flag on Back Pocket =-.

12. The Owl Diary commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 3:26pm

Love, love, love.

xx
    .-= The Owl Diary´s last blog ..a heartbreaking reality =-.

13. moline commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 4:38pm

I could move in there!
    Absolutely gorgeous and a great inspiration for our next home
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Rearranging the kitchen shelves =-.

14. Mina commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 6:13pm

Beautiful pictures! I love the big Virgin Mary statue. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Holly!!
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Shop Local Thursday – 12.17.2009 – Kooky Kidz =-.

15. lindsay commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 6:39pm

Loving the colors. I’m looking for a dark color to paint our front door…the inky blue in the 6th photo is pretty close to what I’m shooting for.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..I Spy. Kitchen. =-.

16. Debra commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Here working is beautiful. There’s something about those colors that I’m really liking and feeling quite comfortable with. They are all so relaxing and interesting. I like her style
    .-= Debra´s last blog ..Fire Bird Iridescent Vintage Hair Jewelry =-.

17. lauren commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 8:28pm

so wonderful!

18. Lisa S. commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 1:03am

Oh, I love these photos and rooms! I am curious about the animals though – are we looking at taxidermy or did they bring in a crow and a raven for the photoshoot?

Funny fact – I was just watching It’s a Wonderful Life last week and there’s always a crow in the Building and Loan and a goat makes an appearance in the scene when the Italian family is moving into their new place. I noticed because it’s unusual to see a crow on a set and a goat in the back seat of a car! ’tis the season for crows and goats . . .
    .-= Lisa S.´s last blog ..Holiday Treasury =-.

19. Valerie commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 1:26am

I like the casual, slightly cluttered, naturalistic look of these photos. It’s a move away from highly stylized perfection
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Chevron punch =-.

20. decor8 commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 3:44am

I’m thinking it is taxidermy Lisa S. :)

21. tiina commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 6:06am

I really like this palette as well. What gorgeous shades of cold shades of blue and gray. I hope you are enjoying the last week before Christmas. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..{ printable christmas gift box } =-.

22. manon commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 6:58am

j’adore!!

Joyeux Noël

manon
    .-= manon´s last blog ..Noël "vintage" =-.

23. Cheryl commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 12:23pm

Except for the disturbing crows at the top, intriquing spaces.

24. Lisa S. commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 1:37pm

Thank you Holly! I thought taxidermy was the most likely answer . . .
    .-= Lisa S.´s last blog ..Another only-if Treasury =-.

25. decor8 commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 1:39pm

Cheryl your comment made me giggle. He he. They remind me of an Edward Allen Poe story or something… :) Like the room was inspired by The Raven. :)

26. Kristin commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Wow! These are great photos + styling. I especially love the art wall and the photo with the tree in it. Those are great. From these images I do get an overall feeling of moodiness, but not necessarily one that makes me feel depressed. Perhaps reflective is the word I’m looking for? These are perfect for this rainy day in Atlanta.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Spotted: A Neutral + Green Christmas =-.

27. becky from hatch commented
    December 18th, 2009 at 2:33pm

Can you ask her if she will PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come over to my house!
    .-= becky from hatch´s last blog ..Great Etsy Article in The NYTimes =-.

28. Amy - No.15 commented
    December 20th, 2009 at 10:53am

She does have a great eye. I like the Polaroid feel to the photos. I really like that dark chandelier.
    .-= Amy – No.15´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

29. Petra :-) commented
    December 20th, 2009 at 11:08am

I love the indigo blue and chalky/grey shades…guess this colour palette is becoming more popular next time ;-) ;-)
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog ..*Saada* =-.

30. lyndel miller commented