uncategorized

Stylist Christine Rudolph

December 17, 2009

Interior stylist Christine Rudolph produces work that is very tactile and story-like, her aesthetic is quite cozy with lots of the great outdoors brought in to style spaces, along with gorgeous chalky and smoky hues like charcoal and indigo blue –  a palette I’m currently swooning over.

Stylist Christine Rudolph

Stylist Christine Rudolph

I really like Christine’s eye, she has been officially added to my list of favorite stylists… She is represented by Judith Miller Inc. and those rooms above are but a a glimpse of her enormous creativity. What a gorgeous winter inspiration for today, at least in parts of the world where it is very cold like here in northern Germany… Just looking at the arrangements of the things in each photo, the palette, the texture, the patterns and the lighting – a bit moody – really stir in me a need to relax and cozy up today with a mug of homemade soup. :)

(images: christine rudolph/judith miller inc.)

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

• Reply Beth perry December 17, 2009 at 9:57 am

such lovely inspiration!! I love the textures and the black and white and all the dimension! love love!
    .-= Beth perry´s last blog ..LOLA B’S AND SCRAPJACK =-.

• Reply laura trevey December 17, 2009 at 10:51 am

love the black and whites!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Girls Night Out, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10 =-.

• Reply katie runnels December 17, 2009 at 11:42 am

Storylike and cozy it is!!! I’d think I’d died and gone to heaven living in her world! xoxo

• Reply Marie-Eve Preaux December 17, 2009 at 11:49 am

Certainly, certainly you already know… but you were name one o the 50 of the world’s best design blogs by Timesonline! Congratulations on that well deserved recognition!

• Reply doreen December 17, 2009 at 12:11 pm

lovely photographs…those dark, moody colors seem to proliferate lately. Look at the work of architects Roman and Williams and interior designer Abigail Ahern. Perhaps its a return to Victorianism? Rooms like these remind me of cozy, dark cafes in Seattle, atmospheric with layers of lighting, inviting you in on a rainy day for a warm, steaming cappucino or as you say, a mug of homemade soup.

• Reply Zia Meadows December 17, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I love the blue on that wall it looks so cool with the black and white of the pictures- lovely!

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter December 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Thanks for introducing us to Christine and Judith Miller Inc. I see that Judith Miller represents photographers mostly for commercial clients. Does Christine not only style but photograph her work as well?? Talent!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Don’t Be Tardy for the Party =-.

• Reply decor8 December 17, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Lydia — Hi!!! :) Well from my research it appears as though Judith represents both photographers and stylists however you could be right, perhaps Christine does both but I’m not able to confirm this either way.

• Reply Piper December 17, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Congrats on being listed in the top 50 design blogs – what an accomplishment!!!
    And I’m with you….I can’t get enough of gray and blue or gray and yellow or gray and red…. :)
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{gingerbread houses} =-.

• Reply blue bicicletta December 17, 2009 at 2:15 pm

OOh, I love the black and white palette in many of those shots—so much texture and different shapes keep it interesting—and another great picture wall—I love all of the different sizes and shapes there and the addition of items other than framed art!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Triangle Dance =-.

• Reply CreativeButterflyXOX December 17, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I love the black and white on the floor, is it a rug or tiles? I think it’s a rug?
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Upcycled Ladies Mini Skirt with Union Jack Flag on Back Pocket =-.

• Reply The Owl Diary December 17, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Love, love, love.

xx
    .-= The Owl Diary´s last blog ..a heartbreaking reality =-.

• Reply moline December 17, 2009 at 4:38 pm

I could move in there!
    Absolutely gorgeous and a great inspiration for our next home
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Rearranging the kitchen shelves =-.

• Reply Mina December 17, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Beautiful pictures! I love the big Virgin Mary statue. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Holly!!
    .-= Mina´s last blog ..Shop Local Thursday – 12.17.2009 – Kooky Kidz =-.

• Reply lindsay December 17, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Loving the colors. I’m looking for a dark color to paint our front door…the inky blue in the 6th photo is pretty close to what I’m shooting for.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..I Spy. Kitchen. =-.

• Reply Debra December 17, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Here working is beautiful. There’s something about those colors that I’m really liking and feeling quite comfortable with. They are all so relaxing and interesting. I like her style
    .-= Debra´s last blog ..Fire Bird Iridescent Vintage Hair Jewelry =-.

• Reply lauren December 17, 2009 at 8:28 pm

so wonderful!

• Reply Lisa S. December 18, 2009 at 1:03 am

Oh, I love these photos and rooms! I am curious about the animals though – are we looking at taxidermy or did they bring in a crow and a raven for the photoshoot?

Funny fact – I was just watching It’s a Wonderful Life last week and there’s always a crow in the Building and Loan and a goat makes an appearance in the scene when the Italian family is moving into their new place. I noticed because it’s unusual to see a crow on a set and a goat in the back seat of a car! ’tis the season for crows and goats . . .
    .-= Lisa S.´s last blog ..Holiday Treasury =-.

• Reply decor8 December 18, 2009 at 3:44 am

I’m thinking it is taxidermy Lisa S. :)

• Reply Valerie December 18, 2009 at 1:26 am

I like the casual, slightly cluttered, naturalistic look of these photos. It’s a move away from highly stylized perfection
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Chevron punch =-.

• Reply tiina December 18, 2009 at 6:06 am

I really like this palette as well. What gorgeous shades of cold shades of blue and gray. I hope you are enjoying the last week before Christmas. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..{ printable christmas gift box } =-.

• Reply manon December 18, 2009 at 6:58 am

j’adore!!

Joyeux Noël

manon
    .-= manon´s last blog ..Noël "vintage" =-.

• Reply Cheryl December 18, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Except for the disturbing crows at the top, intriquing spaces.

• Reply decor8 December 18, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Cheryl your comment made me giggle. He he. They remind me of an Edward Allen Poe story or something… :) Like the room was inspired by The Raven. :)

• Reply Lisa S. December 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Thank you Holly! I thought taxidermy was the most likely answer . . .
    .-= Lisa S.´s last blog ..Another only-if Treasury =-.

• Reply Kristin December 18, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Wow! These are great photos + styling. I especially love the art wall and the photo with the tree in it. Those are great. From these images I do get an overall feeling of moodiness, but not necessarily one that makes me feel depressed. Perhaps reflective is the word I’m looking for? These are perfect for this rainy day in Atlanta.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Spotted: A Neutral + Green Christmas =-.

• Reply becky from hatch December 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Can you ask her if she will PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come over to my house!
    .-= becky from hatch´s last blog ..Great Etsy Article in The NYTimes =-.

• Reply Amy - No.15 December 20, 2009 at 10:53 am

She does have a great eye. I like the Polaroid feel to the photos. I really like that dark chandelier.
    .-= Amy – No.15´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

• Reply Petra :-) December 20, 2009 at 11:08 am

I love the indigo blue and chalky/grey shades…guess this colour palette is becoming more popular next time ;-) ;-)
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog ..*Saada* =-.

• Reply lyndel miller April 15, 2011 at 10:04 am