Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Fashion + Accessories

Alli Coate

December 22, 2009

Today is usually Etsy Take Five Tuesday day but since I’m in vacation, the column will be on hold until January 5th. Never fear! I’m here to share at least one lovely Etsy seller. Her name is Alli Coate and she is a talented illustrator in Providence, RI who recently told me about her new line of fabric jewelry with soft shapes and lovely coordinating ribbons and threads. And of course, there are the illustrations… oh, the illustrations!

Alli Coate

Alli Coate

So hard to resist these charmers! And isn’t her product packaging so sweet?

(images: alli coate)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Melibu December 22, 2009 at 3:23 am

I prefer the illustrations than the jewels, but everything is lovely !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Christmas gift for baby : felt plushes garland / Cadeau de Noël pour bébé: guirlande de peluches =-.

• Reply michele December 22, 2009 at 4:25 am

Hi Holly,

Insomnia again – like a five year old waiting for Santa isn’t that ridiculous? You know I was just looking at your sidebar and noticing how beautiful your blog truly is – so whereas I said your blog is number “1” – “in the world” I just said it because intuitively I know thats true – but I never thought about any of this before. I never knew about big media companies like federated (they handle dooce and now AT) I never knew or cared about what it means to monitize a blog.

Whatever you are doing as far as selling ad space on your blog it is done so artistically (the layout of your site) that it doesn’t scream (hey big media owns our souls) That would be horrible Holly – if that happened to decor8.

I’m just barely beginning to understand anything about the business of blogging but when the press named AT best in the world I thought it was insane.

Well anyway I think it’s really nice that your image you know the way you do what you do has your own original style and “voice” and you find the cutest owls on the planet. Im babbling …Oh almost forgot yes the fabric covered jewelry is Nice and the packaging is very sweet…LOVE it :D

okay back to me waiting for reindeers on the roof TTYL

.-= michele´s last blog ..Hello Winter 2009 =-.

• Reply decor8 December 22, 2009 at 11:38 am

Michele — Oh thank you very much. :)

• Reply laura trevey December 22, 2009 at 8:03 am

I really love those keys!! So fun ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Sex and the City, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10 =-.

• Reply Amy - No.15 December 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

Her illustrations are beautiful. The fabric jewelry is so unique, love the key pendant.
    .-= Amy – No.15´s last blog ..Through my Window – Amy =-.

• Reply Mrs. M December 22, 2009 at 10:38 am

oooh such lovely things! and right in my neck of the woods, too.
    thanks for sharing!
    .-= Mrs. M´s last blog peachy pink champagne birthday =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill December 22, 2009 at 11:03 am

Ooh, I love the soft colors, the illustration of the man in the scarf, and the key pendant. I love metal jewelry of course, but I think it is so nice that there has been this trend recently to use textiles in jewelry – it’s so creative and refreshing!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Easy DIY Inspiration Canvas =-.

• Reply Sarah December 22, 2009 at 11:12 am

I love the owl print and the color combinations she uses.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

.-= Sarah´s last blog ..On the catwalk… =-.

• Reply Piper December 22, 2009 at 11:38 am

I love this new trend of using soft materials – very refreshing and unique. And so wearable!!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{only 3 days left!} =-.

• Reply Nuit December 22, 2009 at 11:43 am

These are truly gorgeous, and eco-friendly.. What a great find, seriously! I covet the key so much =D Happy Christmas Holly!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..BackBackBack!…. =-.

• Reply Marja December 22, 2009 at 12:20 pm

How innovative! I love what she’s doing with the textiles in jewelry. So glad you put this on my radar.
    .-= Marja´s last blog ..the circles bracelet- heavy gauge =-.

• Reply Beth perry December 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

those drops are cool!
    .-= Beth perry´s last blog ..….inspired me this week… =-.

• Reply nina December 22, 2009 at 2:15 pm

i love the packaging!
    .-= nina´s last blog ..EAT =-.

• Reply karen December 22, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Love the fabrics – these are great!
    Happy Xmas everyone!!
    Cheers ;-)
    .-= karen´s last blog ..My ship has arrived! =-.

• Reply Emily December 22, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Besides looking beautiful, I bet those necklaces are never freezing cold when you put them on after being in the jewelry box all night.

• Reply Mina December 22, 2009 at 11:26 pm

beautiful line of fabric jewelry. so creative and unique! thanks for sharing!!!

• Reply David December 23, 2009 at 12:26 am

The fabric jewlery is fabulous!
    – David

• Reply Melissa Allam December 23, 2009 at 2:28 am

Just wanted to stop by and say that I have loved your blog since 2006, and I always enjoy the new and fresh things that you post here. I always look forward to new seasons and New Years on your blog, because you always have something special to share. I hope you and your husband have a warm and wonderful Holiday in your new home with your family and friends.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Winter Snow (Feat. Audrey Assad) – Chris Tomlin (Must See) =-.

• Reply jodi December 23, 2009 at 8:48 am

beautiful – i especially love the owl :)
    hoot hoot

• Reply Afi December 23, 2009 at 3:04 pm

WOW!!! Love her stuff! So delicate with wonderful colors and materials! You always find the hidden treasures of Etsy! Thank you Holly!!! :) xo Happy Hollidays!
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Sunny day =-.

• Reply Penny Patten December 28, 2009 at 7:18 pm

The fabric jewelry is really unique and fun!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Secret Garden Necklace =-.

• Reply Katie December 29, 2009 at 12:31 am

These pendants are so cute!
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..9 wonderful moments of 2009 =-.