uncategorized

Have a Lovely Weekend!

December 25, 2009

Wishing you much love, warmth and comfort… here is a theme I’m noticing with cups positioned alongside or on top of novels or yummy treats (or both!) and to me, these images make me feel cozy and loved… I created a small gallery of them at Flickr where you can visit if you’d like, leave your comments for the photographer, and be inspired by seeing them in larger sizes.

Have a Lovely Weekend!

Whether you’re spending today and this weekend with friends and family, or sitting alone on your sofa with Chinese take-out and old films, please have a warm and lovely time at it! I’m sick at home popping Advil while watching adventure films and chipping away at two novels, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee by Rebecca Miller and Coco Chanel, A Biography by Axel Madsen. My sweet husband is cooking me one of my all-time favorite meals, I hear him busy in the kitchen as I type this, dropping things, unscrewing lids, chopping, these little sounds are lovely, you know? And though sick on what should be a vacation time off, I’m still happy, which is the greatest comfort of all.

I’ve missed talking to you this week. I’ll still post once-a-day next week, but blogging will not resume full-time again until after the new year. What are you doing? How are you?

(images: here, with the exception of the bottom right which was photographed by me.)

31 Comments

• Reply Lisa S. December 25, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Merry Christmas Holly! I’m sorry you have a cold. :-(

NPR had a fun story about Coco Chanel (yesterday I think) great pictures online: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121714217
    .-= Lisa S.´s last blog ..Book Review: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead =-.

• Reply Helena December 25, 2009 at 1:14 pm

oh get soon better! hapy you are happy though! enjoy the rest of the weekeng and take care
    Loving finding your updates
    Happy holidays :)
    .-= Helena´s last blog ..Beautiful people =-.

• Reply Brandi December 25, 2009 at 1:48 pm

hello. I’m Brandi. I’m also sick~ with cough. Traveling to Florida{from Evansville, IN} today with my parents to get away, soak up some sunshine, and photograph the beauty I find. Getting by on fruit and peanut butter/whatever is in the car…no restaurants open. Not my typical Christmas celebration, just what I need though. Feel better!

• Reply C. December 25, 2009 at 2:28 pm

I love everything about this post. Today I’m living vicariously through everyone’s small comforts. =)

• Reply Elie's Papel December 25, 2009 at 3:00 pm

You too!!! love the pictures as I am a huge tea person. Hope you feel better and if it helps When I’m sick I usually drink the Cold Season Tea by Yogi Tea.
    .-= Elie’s Papel´s last blog ..MERRY CHRISTMAS! =-.

• Reply julie December 25, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Merry Christmas to all! On the computer, emailing brother in the Navy and could not resist looking at some Decor8, kinda downtime while on kid-watch in the house while adults outside visiting- hey it’s sunny in CA. Happy Holidays! My family and I had a great time exchanging homemade gift items and eating.

• Reply Rebecca December 25, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Feel better lovey!

• Reply Jessie December 25, 2009 at 4:16 pm

sounds like your having a lovely day! enjoy your time off .. :)
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..Christmas is Coming! =-.

• Reply Sara Bradshaw December 25, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Thought I would share with you some photos of my little sister’s wedding. Have a great Christmas x

• Reply lisa December 25, 2009 at 5:50 pm

ooh yes, this is lovely. makes me want to hibernate.
    .-= lisa´s last blog ..wishing you =-.

• Reply Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists December 25, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Feel better, Holly! Your attitude is one of such gratitude (sorry for the terrible rhyme, it was unintentional) that you’ll surely pull through quickly.

I’m spending today with wonderful family and am happy to report I’ve been laughing almost non-stop for hours. That’s a great holiday!
    .-= Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists´s last blog ..Tips for a stress-free Christmas morning: the one day to curb your Penelope ways =-.

• Reply dianamakesdolls December 25, 2009 at 6:31 pm

holly i’m aware that you have taken ill but did you know about the contest that you are in and many votes being cast for you? please do have a look, it is called the homies and it is on the apartmenttherapy blog.

love,
    diana

• Reply Erika December 25, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Hi,
    My Christmas is been lovely, a lot of good food and the table full of family and friends. After coming back from aunt´s house and a lot of laughter and love, resting a little bit and felt inspired by your pictures to have a cup of tea right now, though here in Brazil is hot as hell today…
    I wish you a Merry Christmas and 2010 filled with good work, love and a lot on inspiration for all of us :) Thanks for all beautiful work I am so pleased to read and see here on your blog everyday…
    Bye!
    Erika

• Reply Ana C. December 25, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Those are sooooo lovely!
    I just LOVE mugs and tea cups pictures! :-)

Hope you get better soon!

xx,
    A.
    .-= Ana C.´s last blog ..Merry Christmas!!! (Happy Holidays to all!) =-.

• Reply sharon December 26, 2009 at 12:49 am

i hope you feel better very soon & that it doesn’t spoil your christmas….merry merry merry christmas xx
    .-= sharon´s last blog ..happy christmas xx =-.

• Reply diana strinati baur December 26, 2009 at 3:19 am

Sorry you are sick Holly. I spent several Christmases in Germany with a cold or flu. It just seems to hit at that time.

You have had such a busy, interesting year. So much change, so much new adjusting. I hope you have time during this Season to relax your body and mind. You place into the Universe so much positive energy for so many. I have come to your blog many, many times just to hear and feel the energy. I know the currency of change, both the positive and the difficult. You are giving us your insights in a beautiful way. Thank you for that. For people like me (living on a hill in the country), you provide the push to go on, keep discovering, keep uncovering, keep moving forward.

I know there is the huge flooring show Domotex coming up in Hannover in a couple of weeks and then Ambiente is in Frankfurt in the beginning of February. I’ve done both shows numerous times. Domotex is easy for you to get to and I would recommend Ambiente. So much to see and do in Germany.

More than anything, just wanted to say hi, gute Besserung, and thank you. You are one of the sunny spots in this world!!
    .-= diana strinati baur´s last blog ..Gratitude Friday on Saturday: Winter Wonderland =-.

• Reply Marianne December 26, 2009 at 3:35 am

Merry Christmas ( a bit late I am sorry).
    Get well soon!
    .-= Marianne´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Jacqueline December 26, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Dear Holly, Merry Christmas!!! I hope it was bright and merry for you and yours. Adore these gorgeous photos! Hope you get well soon. Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..bright and merry =-.

• Reply beatriz December 26, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I’ve been coveting a new tea cup set…just because I love them. Thanks for the abundance of inspiration!
    .-= beatriz´s last blog ..Welcome to my new blog!! =-.

• Reply decor8 December 26, 2009 at 6:04 pm

dianamakesdolls, I appreciate that you’ve stopped by and mentioned that contest but please know while I appreciate votes, it’s not necessary. I did not even vote for myself and I won’t because I really want someone else to win who would be far happier because of it. That is also why I have chosen not to blog about the contest here. But thanks for so kindly saying something.

• Reply nina December 26, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I think I’ll have tea right now!
    .-= nina´s last blog ..Beautiful Story =-.

• Reply Melibu December 27, 2009 at 6:03 am

Oh I love all thos beautiful pics, especially the bottom left beacsue I have a crush for bokeh effect (and maybe also because I am from Paris ;-)
    I love to read you everyday, your posts are always so inspiring and warms..
    Thanks Holly for your joy everyday and I wish you and your family a great holidays…
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..C’est Noël / It’s Christmas day ! =-.

• Reply Ursula Graham December 27, 2009 at 7:00 am

And with this post I must go make hot chocolate, tea, or something that is hot in my pretty mug. See how inspiring this is! :)
    .-= Ursula Graham´s last blog ..Faux Christmas Tree =-.

• Reply laura trevey December 27, 2009 at 9:21 am

Looks so inviting… I might get a cup of tea myself!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Beach Chairs, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10 =-.

• Reply Kim December 27, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Lovely images! Two of my favorite things are a great book and a delicious drink!
    Hope you are feeling better!
    .-= Kim´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Alyssa December 27, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Oh! a wonderful collection of photos of my favorite things… enjoyed this very much. Thank you.
    .-= Alyssa´s last blog ..forest birdie =-.

• Reply CreativeButterflyXOX December 27, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Now I’m going to have a nice hot cup of tea :)
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Upcycled Elephant on a Cream Tank Top =-.

• Reply tiny house December 28, 2009 at 3:39 am

A cup of hot drink makes my day complete! I like the photos! I missed the mornings I spend with my friends in college! Coffees, hot chocos!

• Reply lilith December 29, 2009 at 4:36 am

love the faux papercups!

• Reply Ana January 2, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Wow! Thanks for featuring one of my pictures. Made my day! =) This is a lovely collection and am honored to be among the chosen featured. =)

• Reply Joann January 4, 2010 at 10:36 am

Beautiful collage, inspires me to read, drink some tea and relax, and…stop time for a bit.