Kristen Hutchins Design

I had a chat with interior designer Kristen Hutchins recently, she’s been on her own a little over two years but also spent two years working with Kelly Wearstler and another two years with Ruthie Sommers. Imagine working with Ruthie and Kelly! Kristen’s portfolio reflects that pulled-together California-chic aesthetic that we all know and like so much. Here are some of my favorites…

Kristen Hutchins Design

Kristen was born in Miami and grew up in Florida, then traveled to California when she was 18 to study Business and fell in love with the west coast lifestyle. While in college she had the honor of working in fashion at Barneys New York and the exposure to such inspiring designers and clothing helped surface her long time love of interior design.

Kristen Hutchins Design

Kristen Hutchins Design

After completing her Business degree, she decided to pursue a formal design education at UCLA and then went on to work with designer Ruthie Sommers and then, more recently, Kelly Wearstler where she worked as a senior designer. After a few years with Kelly she felt ready to go out on her own and launched Kristen Hutchins Design.

What a wonderful story of a strong, talented woman determined to pursue her passions with beautiful results!

(images: kristen hutchins design)

Posted by decor8 in designers on December 25, 2009

1. Lance Kazanopolis commented
    December 25th, 2009 at 3:50pm

Unbelievable. I’ve been admiring Kristen Hutchins’ work for some time now and I’m convinced she’s the next big thing in interior design. Beautiful interiors, so fresh.

2. Viv commented
    December 25th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Oh Holly, I’m so inspired by these images. They are my idea of perfect. Clean, bright, simple designs and the kids room is cute. I would love to see more kids rooms.
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! =-.

3. Clayton Gray Home commented
    December 26th, 2009 at 8:00am

Love to see great work from a florida native!

4. Amber commented
    December 26th, 2009 at 1:13pm

oh how I wish Kristen could come design my home…her style is the oerfect balance of cozy bohemian and grown-up wonder, I’ll be drooling over these pic for a while…xo

5. maison21 commented
    December 26th, 2009 at 9:54pm

kristen is talented, and a sweetheart too!

6. Julieann/CreateGirl commented
    December 28th, 2009 at 6:39pm

AMAZING! Kristen is so talented, her rooms convey a soothing relaxation feeling. The last room is one I plan to keep in my inspiration folder, that window seat is calling my name! Thanks for the introduction : )
    .-= Julieann/CreateGirl´s last blog ..Merry Merry! =-.