Old Soul New Heart

With it being new year’s eve, I thought I’d color outside of the lines a bit and show some fashionable hair accessories that I came across recently in case you need a little party inspiration… Wanna see?

old soul new heart

I have long hair but I feel like I either need a serious haircut or I should learn how to do things with all this madness. I’m a bit bored as I mostly curl it and with the exception of adding a bobby pin or clip now and then. I’m not as creative with hair accessories as I’d like to be. That’s why I started searching online for some hair styling ideas and that search brought me to Old Soul New Heart where I found these gorgeous handmade hair accessories above.

Do you use girly extras in your hair like these pretty things? If so, I envy you! I need to put more time and effort into this because when I look at these gorgeous arrangements of clips and headbands I’m thinking it may be totally within my reach — how hard can it be? So lovely!

I hope you have a fun evening whatever you are up to — I’m told German new year’s eve (called Silvester) is unlike anything I’d ever experienced back home and that street fests and fireworks are being shot from every direction — rooftops, sidewalks, streets… I can’t wait to experience Silvester outside of my home country — this is my first time. What do you plan to do tonight? Anything exciting?

(images: old soul new heart)

Posted by decor8 in fashion + accessories on December 31, 2009

1. ruxandra commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 6:51am

Those are lovely indeed:)I will party with 6 good friends:)Well, hope you will enjoy the New Year’s Eve, as i assume there is no big difference between Germany and Romania when it comes to parties…:)
    .-= ruxandra´s last blog ..Four and Seven…An Endless Dream…The Little "Thank You" Pray… =-.

2. ruxandra commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 6:52am

Oh, and i also have long hair, yet i do not use headbands or stuff.I just never have the time…

3. laura trevey commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 7:44am

So pretty!
    Happy New Year Holly ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Brand New Day, 9 by 12, Watercolor Print, by Laura Trevey =-.

4. Beth perry commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 8:05am

oooo Thanks for the linkage! going to check it out!
    and yes, I do add girly things in my hair. I actually make some Prima flower headbands and brooches.
    .-= Beth perry´s last blog ..….inspiring me this week….. =-.

5. lisa commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 8:08am

I love headbands with pretty things attached to them! I don’t want this trend to end any time soon. I have short hair, so they tend to look more sassy than pretty in my hair. but still.

happy silvestering!
    .-= lisa´s last blog ..dear 2009 =-.

6. beth cupitt commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 8:25am

i’m feeling you with the hair thing. i’ve got a good foundation to work with and i don’t do anything with it. you’re right. how hard can it be? i’m going to work on it today.
    i’m doing big fat nothing tonight. my hubby is working a night shift and the kids will be asleep. i think maybe i’ll get my own bottle of champagne, popcorn, and some bridget jones’ diary. i hope you have fun. silvester sounds festive.

7. bianca commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 8:29am

I wonder if they can get along with my short hair tooXD
    Tonight I won’t do anything particular, but we Italians still have a funny tradition: throwing old things out of the window! Seriously^^! I remember that few years ago someone threw out a washing machine…eeepO_O!
    Frohliches Neues Jahr!
    Bianca

8. rae commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 9:25am

I’m throwing an old-school fondue party with a few modern twists, although with the snow coming down the way it is, I may be dipping grape tomatoes with just my sweetie – still cozy:] Have a wonderful New Year, dear!

9. KelseyPaige commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 9:51am

I hear you on the bored-with-the-long-hair thing, Holly. I’d also like to be more adventurous with my do, but it’s scary! I do love the peacock feathers in the hair, though… so cute and quirky.

I’m taking it easy this New Year’s Eve and celebrating with my new husband. We married in October and life has been even more joyful ever since.
    .-= KelseyPaige´s last blog ..Love and marriage =-.

10. holly p commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 10:42am

Wow! Those are beautiful! So feminine and sweet. I definitely need to branch out with my hair accessories as well.
    .-= holly p´s last blog ..handmade holiday: part four. =-.

11. Kim commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 10:57am

Ohmygoodness I adore those hair pieces! They are too cute! & that girl’s hair is lovely!
    I too have very long hair and I wear bows and headbands all the time! It makes not washing it everyday MUCH easier. :)

Sounds like your New Year will be exciting! Can’t wait to read about what goes down in Germany!
    I’m going to Big D NYE in Dallas, Texas with my best friends! It’s going to be a night of fun, attempts to get on television and fireworks! :D

Happy New Year!

Kim
    .-= Kim´s last blog .. =-.

12. Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 12:14pm

These are so gorgeous. I just saw something similar in Anthropologie, but I decided not to buy it. I’m glad I didn’t. Some of these are much cuter!

Happy New Year!
    .-= Tracey @ I’m Not Superhuman´s last blog ..Champagne Is Heart Healthy, Horray =-.

13. Stacey commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 12:40pm

I’m boring with my hair too. I usually just pull it up in a ponytail, but I wish I knew of different, fun, girly things to do with it!

Happy New Year!
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..Calendars and cake plates =-.

14. Jane Flanagan commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 1:08pm

I’ve been buying many more hair accessories lately as I’ve been growing my hair, but I still feel a little awkward wearing them. New Year’s is the perfect excuse for a little razzle dazzle though!

Happy New Year Holly!
    .-= Jane Flanagan´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

15. Brooke H commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 3:17pm

A little back I did a bunch of doodleish line drawings, one of them was based on this shop! Take a look at the last girl on the bottom, right. She’s inspired by Old Soul new Heart: http://fabulousdoodles.blogspot.com/2009/11/actual-doodles.html

Happy New Year Holly! =)
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..New Years Already?!?! =-.

16. Brooke H commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 3:17pm

Whoops, meant “A little while back…”

;)
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..New Years Already?!?! =-.

17. Ursula Graham commented
    December 31st, 2009 at 10:33pm

These are very pretty! If only I had the patience to deal with my hair. I always brush n go. It’s nearly to my bottom but I hate messing with it. I need a major haircut too, lol. Good luck with your hair! :)
    .-= Ursula Graham´s last blog ..Stained Floors, So Far =-.

18. The Owl Diary commented
    January 1st, 2010 at 5:27am

i love, love, love these.
    happy new year.
    xx
    .-= The Owl Diary´s last blog ..i want to be eloise =-.

19. jamieofalltrades commented
    January 1st, 2010 at 10:35pm

Very cute! One of my NY resolutions is to try out more fun hairstyles!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..merry christmas :: see ya next year! =-.

20. fresh365 commented
    January 3rd, 2010 at 5:16pm

I think their product photography is amazing! Makes me want to get out of the boring long hair rut as well. Happy New Year, Holly!

21. CreativeButterflyXOX commented
    January 4th, 2010 at 4:11am

I have super long hair and I have many pretty clips and hair bands, but some how, not quite as cute as the ones pictured above. The thing is having long hair is so much effort in the first place, I rarely go all out. These photos inspire me to make the extra effort though :)
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Christmas 2009 Photos =-.

22. Amanda Sevall commented
    January 5th, 2010 at 2:47pm

Cute hair clips! Here’s another shop that has fabulous hair pieces:
    So cute! Happy new year :)

23. Anna commented
    January 10th, 2010 at 8:09pm

I can’t get past her hair. I absolutely love her hair! I love the style and volume. I think I need a new look for 2010. :)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Busy Week… =-.