uncategorized

See You Next Year~!

December 31, 2009

Just a little note to wish you a lovely evening, however you plan to spend it, and please be safe and enjoy! I’m preparing for guests this evening… as the snow falls and the sky starts to darken at only 4pm… it’s amazingly romantic and calm although I know that very soon the sound of fireworks and celebration will fill the streets…

See You Next Year~!

“A new year is beginning to peak through, softly beautiful and different like new falling snow, each day unique and shaped just for you. Your life adding something as each day does grow. My wish for your new year is beauty and softness with surprises thrown in for delight. Love for each day bringing happiness to you, making your life a scene of sparkle and shining sunlight.” – Unknown.

We burn a lot of candles in my home during this time of year since it gets dark very early, usually around 3:30. But I don’t mind, it forces me to enjoy the moment a bit more. Candles make things cozy with such little effort.

Thank you for a lovely year and I’ll be seeing you on Monday morning my friends, much love to you!

xo,

Holly

(image: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

56 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 31, 2009 at 10:28 am

This is such a calm and lovely image…..have a beautiful, beautiful night hun~
    Happy New Year!! :)
    xoxo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Sarah McNeil =-.

• Reply nichole December 31, 2009 at 10:32 am

Happy New Year, Holly! Looking forward to seeing you in a few months! :)
    .-= nichole´s last blog ..A Little Levity in 2010 =-.

• Reply Nancy December 31, 2009 at 10:40 am

See you next year Holly!
    .-= Nancy´s last blog ..Coconut Macaroons =-.

• Reply Travelingmama December 31, 2009 at 10:46 am

Holly, thank you so much for all the many ways you have given of yourself and made each day brighter for so many of us this year! You are such an inspiration and I wish you all the best in this new year! Hugs one last time from Morocco!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..Bislama {2009} =-.

• Reply leslie December 31, 2009 at 10:49 am

Happy New Year!!! xo
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Vignettes of Color =-.

• Reply Tatiana Maia December 31, 2009 at 11:15 am

Happy New Year, Holly and all Decor8’s friends!
    Beautiful candles, I love their details!

Hugs from Brazil,
    Tati
    .-= Tatiana Maia´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

• Reply Ana December 31, 2009 at 11:29 am

Happy New Year!!!

Your blog is lovely and it was a delight discovery for me…

I wish you and your family all the best in this New Year!

xx,
    A.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..beach time! =-.

• Reply 31everything December 31, 2009 at 11:30 am

Happy New Year! :)
    .-= 31everything´s last blog ..Gallery Walls That Inspire =-.

• Reply Olya December 31, 2009 at 11:44 am

Happy New Year Holly!

May the coming year be the best year for you! Thank you for inspiring me in so many ways. Have fun celebrating!

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter December 31, 2009 at 11:53 am

What a beautiful vanitas you’ve arranged there. Perfect for looking into a new year!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Who Your Duppy? =-.

• Reply julie December 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

Wishing you a “gute Rutsch” into a happy and healthy 2010 – and looking forward to the workshop:-)
    .-= julie´s last blog ..New Year´s Eve… =-.

• Reply Georgianna Lane December 31, 2009 at 12:00 pm

How beautiful! A Very Happy New Year to you, Holly!! xoxo Georgianna

• Reply Nuit December 31, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Have a very lovely NYE Holly!!! see u next year =D
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Make it new!!! =-.

• Reply alex*strawberry lemonade December 31, 2009 at 12:18 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Prosit Neujahr!

Getting to know Holly Maus was for sure one of the best parts of 2010!

xoxo
    alex
    .-= alex*strawberry lemonade´s last blog ..Going Back to Cali. =-.

• Reply Petra :-) December 31, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I wish you a nice Silvester evening :-) We will have some *Käsefondue* and a relaxing evening at home, too :-)
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog ..*2009* =-.

• Reply Will December 31, 2009 at 12:23 pm

This is a lovely picture, and really sums up the feeling in the air today – cold and fresh outside; warm and cosy inside!

Happy New Year, Holly!

• Reply Ashling December 31, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Holly,

May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all of life’s passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours..

Wishing you peace and joy in 2010, I hope you have a wonderful New Year and enjoy tonight :)

All things nice…
    .-= Ashling´s last blog ..Farewell 2009, it has been a good one- the love, tears, laughter, peace, friendship….. =-.

• Reply jodi December 31, 2009 at 12:42 pm

happy, happy new year!
    .-= jodi´s last blog ..a whole new year? =-.

• Reply Iris December 31, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Such a lovely photo, dear Holly! Is it a window in your apartment? I am now sitting near my snowy window in another part of Hannover (lived about seven years at Moltkeplatz before) remembering the new year’s eve at Moltkeplatz in the List. Maybe you and your friends like to take a little walk over there at midnight. It’s the best meeting point in the neigbourhood if you like to listen to a drum and percussion session then.
    Happy new year.
    Iris

• Reply decor8 December 31, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Iris – Yes this is a window in my bedroom. :) :) Thank you for telling me about the little Moltkeplatz meeting point, I live 2 minutes away! I will walk over there!!!

• Reply Gina December 31, 2009 at 1:03 pm

And a very Happy New Year to you Holly. Looking forward to meeting you on the 18th.

Gina
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..Happy New Year =-.

• Reply christiana December 31, 2009 at 1:48 pm

A very happy New Year to you over there, Holly!

• Reply sandra December 31, 2009 at 1:58 pm

happy new year holly, thank you for this year, i’ve had so much fun visiting your blog! xo sandra

• Reply Meredith December 31, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Happy New Year! Stay happy and healthy!

• Reply Pixie December 31, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Beautiful photograph and I love that mirror and candles. Swooooon. I have my candles lit, am all snuggled in my flannel pj’s (no company coming over!), enjoying some blog reading before ringing in the New Year.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply patricia December 31, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Happy New Year Holly! Thank you for all the inspiration!

• Reply Melissa Allam December 31, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Happy New Year Holly! I love your little mirror with the beads and candles by the window, it’s so soft and romantic. I’m looking forward to another year of visiting you here on your blog. It is always an adventure with you and I can’t wait to see where you take us. xoxo M.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

• Reply Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists December 31, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Happy Happy New Year to you and yours! Can’t wait to join you on the blog in 2010!
    .-= Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists´s last blog ..Here’s a bird I’ve got to have: pretty ways to store your paperclips =-.

• Reply Teri December 31, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Happy New Year!

It is great to start off a new year and reflecting on what you learned from the previous year. To a new adventure in 2010!
    .-= Teri´s last blog ..What I learned in 2009 =-.

• Reply Lucy Dawlish January 1, 2010 at 7:30 am

All the best for the new year.

• Reply Stockton January 1, 2010 at 11:38 am

I love this picture … what a perfect feeling of calm + coziness it conveys. Happy new year!

• Reply Victoria Klein January 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm

A hearty Happy New Year to you & your husband in Germany. :) I know this is just the beginning of an amazing adventure for you both – I wish you all the health & happiness in the world. :D
    .-= Victoria Klein´s last blog ..A Pastel Closure to 2009 =-.

• Reply Jujube January 1, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Oh I love this photo~ Calm and beautiful. I had a wonderful 2009 and look forward for 2010 :)

Looking forward for more pretty goodies from you
    .-= Jujube´s last blog ..Merry Merry =-.

• Reply fancy January 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm

peace & love… xo,fancy
    .-= fancy´s last blog ..2010 is going to be AMAZING =-.

• Reply Emily January 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I just found your blog and I’m so glad I did! Happy New Year!

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids January 1, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I wish you a Happy 2010!!! :) fully of joy!

• Reply Tiffany January 1, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Happy New Year.

• Reply Cary January 1, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Lovely quote and lovely candles too…Happy New Year Holly!May it be your best yet!
    .-= Cary´s last blog ..Recovery… =-.

• Reply Penny Patten January 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Happy New Year, Holly. I hope you had a lovley eve. into the new year! Pretty candles in your picture.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog .."New Years" Fortune Tag’s =-.

• Reply Katherine aka. Urban Flea January 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm

that looks so lovely holly! hope you have a wonderful new year!

xo katherine aka. urban flea :)
    .-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..huzzah! =-.

• Reply LD January 2, 2010 at 3:40 am

Happy New Year, Holly! Thank you for another year of fabulous inspiration! I love your descriptions of your life in Germany lately…you are such a lovely writer and clearly you are enjoying your time there! Great photo too!
    .-= LD´s last blog ..Happy New Year – 2010! =-.

• Reply Melibu January 2, 2010 at 8:05 am

Thank you Holly for your optimism during this – really hard for me- year 2009. Wish you an amazing year for 2010 !
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..2010 et ses projets / 2010 and its projects =-.

• Reply Gaye January 2, 2010 at 11:21 am

Happy New Year Holly! Best wishes to you.

• Reply Jacqueline January 2, 2010 at 11:30 am

Dear holly, happy new year!! Wishing you and yours many beautiful moments in 2010! Looking forward to share more creative adventures with you! Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Happy Twenty Ten =-.

• Reply artandghosts louise January 2, 2010 at 11:32 am

A very happy New Year to you Holly!
    All the very best, lou:)
    .-= artandghosts louise´s last blog ..New Prints =-.

• Reply Marilyn January 2, 2010 at 1:48 pm

A very happy new year to you Holly!
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..More 1sts for 2010 =-.

• Reply laura trevey January 2, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I can’t wait to see what is in store for 2010 at Decor8!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Caribbean Time, Watercolor Print, 8 by 10, by Laura Trevey =-.

• Reply Penelope January 2, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Greetings from AUSTRALIA..
    Love your blog!!
    Just voted for you.Good luck x

• Reply Lucy January 3, 2010 at 11:16 am

Happy New Year Holly!

BEAUTIFUL candles!!!

Lucy x
    .-= Lucy´s last blog ..Share a moment. =-.

• Reply Afi January 3, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Happy New Year dear Holly! I wish all the best for you in 2010 :)
    Your candles are gorgeous and they look magical against the window!
    See you on Monday! xoxo
    Afi
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..2010 calendar giveaway =-.

• Reply Priya January 3, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Happy New Year!
    .-= Priya´s last blog ..Welcome to 2010 (2009, we will miss you..) =-.

• Reply depeapa January 3, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Happy new year!!

• Reply Tricia McKellar January 3, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Happy New Year Holly! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..52 Weeks of Blogging Your Passion =-.

• Reply CreativeButterflyXOX January 4, 2010 at 4:06 am

That’s lovely. I have my candles buring right now. My beauiful smelling Candles that I got for Christmas from a family friend. Happy New Year everyone :)
    .-= CreativeButterflyXOX´s last blog ..Christmas 2009 Photos =-.

• Reply Di Overton January 4, 2010 at 5:39 am

Happy New Decade. May all your hopes, wishes and dreams come true.
    Much Love
    Di (Designers Block)
    .-= Di Overton´s last blog ..2010 – A Promise To Keep It Simple =-.

• Reply Mitzi Curi January 4, 2010 at 6:00 am

Holly, I can’t wait to spend some time on your lovely blog in 2010, to see all the lovely images you have to share, and read the inspiring words. Happy New Year!
    Mitzi
    .-= Mitzi Curi´s last blog ..Field Trip to Anthropologie =-.