Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Hello everyone! It’s time for Etsy Take Five Tuesday… are you ready? First let me say that I’ve been a busy beaver over the past few days with my e-class that kicked off yesterday and today a mountain of paperwork to do in addition to an open house to go to as we’re still on the prowl for a new place to live. It’s been one thing after another, I feel like a little hamster in a wheel! Oh wait, I’m a busy beaver… well you catch my drift. :) I’m so glad to finally sit down before I start recording my podcast for tomorrow’s class to talk to you and let you know that I’ve been thinking about you. How are you doing? Good? Bad? Just okay? Blah? I’ve been feeling a lot of chaos and nervous energy around me lately, especially online, people seem to be a bit unfocused and even uninspired and I want to tell you straight up that it’s the beginning of a new year, this is common and shall pass. Now let’s look at some beauty, shall we? These etsy stores have been on my radar over the past week or so, some you may know already, others not but all are equally beautiful and lovely to look upon. I hope that you enjoy my picks!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

F2 Images has some of the best prints for the home, I love this photo featuring so many designs featuring insects… Aren’t they the best? Talk about an amazing product shot, this makes me want to own them all!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Next up is Claudia Pearson in Brooklyn who is an illustrator with an impressive portfolio – her work has been published in the New York Times, The New Yorker, Elle, Communication Arts and more, including books. In her shop she carries colorful prints and cards, the pink row houses are a personal fave because they are so very American to me even though they originate in England, and I love them because they remind me of some of my favorite neighborhoods in America. And funny thing is, I appreciate them even more now that I’m on new soil abroad because I no longer have exposure to them in Germany and things are always easier to see when you step back vs. when you look at them under a microscope.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Now let’s look at Nut and Bee in New Zealand. Oh my, the cuteness just kills me here! I love the bubble tea print, the tea looks so happy and that is nice because who wants to drink sad tea? It makes me miss going into Boston’s Chinatown for my monthly bubble tea boost. We have it here as well, but only in the summer months so I’m starting to crave it even though I have to wait until May. Nut and Bee has stickers, notepads, cards and prints along with other paper goods like sticky notes. Very sweet!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Cynthia Vardhan is a successful potter in Ohio with a degree in fine arts and a beautiful body of work that will have you swooning. Such talent! Her work is available in fine boutiques across America in addition to shows that she participates in and of course, her etsy shop.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Stuart Kolakovic is one to watch. He lives in Staffordshire, England and has some of the best work, the most unique, that I’ve seen in a while. Looks like he is closing up his etsy shop soon to reopen on his own website, so definitely check him out on etsy while you can. Great stuff.

See anything you like? I know, I know… it’s all good. :)

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on January 19, 2010

1. Amy commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 4:58pm

My college apartment walls are soooo bare. They definitely need a print from Claudia Pearson to brighten them up!

2. Rachel commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:03pm

Thanks for the tip about Claudia Pearson, her work is gorgeous!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..This is the good stuff =-.

3. Kristen commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:03pm

beautiful finds, and very unique!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Finding Joy In….. =-.

4. Beth commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:07pm

Gorgeous thanks for the links. Great artists.
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Scarf, Pom Pom, Skinny, Handknit, THE JACKIE, Multi Color, READY2GO =-.

5. Pins + Paper commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:10pm

Cynthia is a favorite potter of mine – I love her work! I also love Claudia’s and F2 Imagery’s shops, too! Thank you for introducing us :)

~ Kristen
    .-= Pins + Paper´s last blog ..Introducing: The Grab and Go Tote! =-.

6. Nathalia commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:13pm

Beautiful!!
    I like Cynthia’s work!!

7. sylvie commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:17pm

f2 & claudia pearson are irresistible. the lentil & vegetable stew would feel at home in my kitchen :)

thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    sylvie
    .-= sylvie ´s last blog ..jam session =-.

8. Annabelle commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:23pm

wow I LOVE Cinthia Vardhan’s red and pink dishes! amazing work!

9. Jessica commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:26pm

It is common January stuff and it shall pass?! PHEW! Because I am feeling all of those things the past week — nervous, chaotic and uninspired! Ick to all!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Saying Hi =-.

10. yael commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:28pm

Love so much F2images, actually, i have lot of their insects in my STICK ME series!!!!

11. allison commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:36pm

I love Claudia Pearson 2010 Calendar Tea Towel!

12. Victoria Bennett Beyer commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 5:55pm

Great finds this week! That is a drool-worthy product shot from F2 images…they look so one-of-a-kind in all those different frames.
    .-= Victoria Bennett Beyer´s last blog ..Cypress Gardens in Winter =-.

13. frauheuberg commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 6:08pm

oh..yes i can only a little bit imagine how you feel, holly…but your right…step by step…it´s for me the same at the moment…only on the other site…but must manage all the other stuff with our great adventure on the BYW-class…so hopefully you have somewhere there a little bit time to breathe through…have a lovley night…;)…you aren´t alone…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..retro fever from norway =-.

14. Renee commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 6:13pm

love the pottery! the designs she does are so unique! i just joined your flickr group and was working on the january challenge last night. it made me realize that i’m seriously lacking in decorative pieces such as vintage glassware and pottery pieces. i’m on the hunt now to start my collection :)
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Sneak Peak: Covet Spring 2010 Collection =-.

15. jules @ the diversion project commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 6:15pm

Stunning collection – thanks for the heads up, they’re all just my cup of tea :)

jules
    .-= jules @ the diversion project´s last blog ..Too Cool For School =-.

16. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 6:28pm

I am sorry you have been such a busy little beaver :) Glad you had just a moment to sit and share some beauty with us. I love these picks, especially those prints( wow, I mean that is one of the most amazing product shots I have seen) and those ceramic….gorgeous. Thank you darling! i am glad you addressed the tension and stress you are feeling online and it is always so great to let folks know that it will pass…I agree. Hope your open house is a success. All the best hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by a cape =-.

17. thedoodlegirl commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 6:32pm

It’s true: it IS all good! Love the originality! Great colors and shapes. I am feeling the new year “blahs” a little bit. Good to hear someone say that it’ll pass! :) Thanks!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Activity for Kids: Play-Doh Day =-.

18. luisa commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 7:00pm

wow. i like the vases of cynthia. they’re so cute.
    .-= luisa´s last blog ..January Shuttercal =-.

19. Kristi commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 7:05pm

All lovely finds…my daughter loves the prints from Nut and Bee!

20. Christine commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 7:29pm

I love the Stuart Kolakoivc art- reminds me a little of Matte Stephens work- I think they work well together!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Vancouver Local – Laura Bucci =-.

21. ShockTheBourgeois commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 8:16pm

Oooh, thanks for the tip on f2images. I can already tell that they are going to talk me out of $25 or so…

I’m glad I wasn’t just imagining the blah mood online! Even the blogs that always seem to have it together appear a bit sparse and half-hearted at the moment. Inspiration is catching, but unfortunately, boredom is as well- I feel we’re all stuck in the bloggy doldrums. Thanks for the pep talk!
    .-= ShockTheBourgeois´s last blog ..Dare to Dream: Hibernation =-.

22. Danielle commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 8:21pm

Nut and Bee are an old fave – so fun! Love f2images, thanks so much for highlighting them! Awesome discovery :)
    .-= Danielle´s last blog ..We return to usual programming… =-.

23. Caroline commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 8:42pm

Oooh! Very nice! Especially like the Nut and Bee ceramics and the playfulness of Claudia Pearson’s illustrations. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..For Those Who Always Dreamed of a Treehouse =-.

24. Yoli commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 8:42pm

Holly you have outdone yourself today!
    .-= Yoli´s last blog ..Chemistry =-.

25. dario commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 9:03pm

Lovely stuff
    .-= dario´s last blog ..VECTRO AVE | Art, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Music Blog | =-.

26. Emiko commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 9:19pm

Thank you so much for including my little shop with these amazing artists! Just fell in love with the Calendar Tea Towel in Claudia Pearson’s shop, and had to have it. All such sweet fresh picks!

xo
    Emiko :)
    .-= Emiko´s last blog ..10×10 To Be – Etsy Project Embrace =-.

27. Dolan Geiman commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 9:30pm

Thanks so much for introducing us to Cynthia Vardham’s work. She’ll definitely be featured in an upcoming 15 Handmade Items We Love blog post.

Dolan & Ali

28. jacqueline commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 9:58pm

Such gorgeous selections! I adore Cynthia Vardhan’s work. :) Okiss neeed to get back to BYW homework. hehe Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Bias towards the pretty ~ a tutorial! =-.

29. Su commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 10:15pm

These are so beautiful! I especially love the pottery by Cynthia Vardhan!
    .-= Su´s last blog ..Fields of Gold =-.

30. Cathy commented
    January 19th, 2010 at 11:26pm

I’m loving Cynthia’s work! Thanks for some inspiration on a dreary winter day.

31. Rachael, Pistachio Press commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 12:34am

Oh man, do I love Cynthia’s work. It’s just gorgeous!!!

32. Angel commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 12:55am

I love the pottery! Shame that they are all wholesale lots at her Etsy Store.
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..Homemade Magnets =-.

33. so Spiffy commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 1:04am

I really do like all of them, but my favorite those by Claudia, esp the Brick stone buildings.

34. so Spiffy commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 1:05am

opps.. meant to say my favorite is those which are by Claudia.. opps
    .-= so Spiffy´s last blog ..Unplugged a re-visit to 2009 and one fantastic Salmon Recipe using Sauce Bercy =-.

35. Caroline commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 3:21am

Of course we enjoy your picks. And thank you for sharing them.
    I like the pink houses from Claudia Pearson and also the bugs. Etsy next :).
    I like prints and illustrations of bug (especially butterflies), maybe because the best designer is nature itelf.
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Facades =-.

36. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 4:56am

Gorgeous finds!!! as always :) i love the prints from Nute and Bee they are super cute!!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..The Portuguese Life =-.

37. amber kane commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 5:19am

I really like the pottery pieces, the patterns and the designs and wonderful.
    .-= amber kane´s last blog ..Fun with pillows =-.

38. une crêpe suzette commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 6:54am

I love your blog!
    .-= une crêpe suzette´s last blog ..Montse Bernal =-.

39. Chloe commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 11:23am

As always, you’ve introduced some great Etsy finds! Cynthia Vardhan’s pottery pieces are delightful, I can picture a huge vase of hers standing in the corner of my bedroom with dried branches….

40. dolores commented
    January 20th, 2010 at 3:41pm

THanky you sooo much for showing these things! I really adore Claudias, Cynthias and Stuarts work! SOOOO definitly my taste – great!

41. Elemental LED staff@Elemenal LED commented
    January 22nd, 2010 at 2:59pm

Stuart Kolakovic’s work reminds me a lot of this guy Mike Shine, who just had an amazing installation at SF MoMA.

42. joe commented
    January 24th, 2010 at 11:58pm

love the vases and the insect paintings, are those paintings or specimens?

43. decor8 commented
    January 25th, 2010 at 4:38am

joe – I’m not sure!

44. Emiko commented
    February 3rd, 2010 at 6:38am

A little late, but in response to Joe, the insect prints are photos of insects, although I am still debating what to do with the actual specimens.

Emiko (f2images)
    .-= Emiko´s last blog ..4×6 Two Hearts =-.

45. Christina commented
    February 17th, 2010 at 9:24am

thanks for sharing! i love nut and bee and just ordered 6 prints from them but now the problem remains that i cannot find inexpensive square frames to house them…any ideas? I’ve tried Ikea, Michael’s and Target…

46. decor8 commented
    February 17th, 2010 at 10:13am

Christina how about IKEA?

47. Christina commented
    February 18th, 2010 at 4:51pm

I walked through IKEA but I will try again…there may be a RIBBA that will do the trick. It seems that square frames are not very popular right now…Thanks~