Jeltje Photography

January 28, 2010

I just heard for the first time about Dutch freelance photographer Jeltje from Irene Hoofs who wrote about a photo she’d taken showing a swing indoors. While I love the idea of a swing I nearly fell down when I clicked over to Jeltje’s portfolio and was saw some of her work – she is only in her twenties and has accomplished so much already. Have a look for yourself.

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje Photography

Jeltje has had her work featured in popular Dutch decorating magazines like 101 Woonideeen and Ariadne at Home, both ones that I really love and find so creative and approachable. I realllllly like all of these spaces above — so fresh and light, and ones that I can really imagine living and working in. I love the mood board with the mostly gray palette, gray is one of my favorite colors and looks so good with just about any color no matter what the tone – it’s so versatile like white or black but not as strong. Gray is soft, enchanting, moody… a bit come hither.

(images: jeltje photography)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Renee @ January 28, 2010 at 11:29 am

wow! gorgeous photos and those rooms are just incredible!! i love them all! just the right mix of industrial and warmth!
    .-= Renee @´s last blog ..A Few of My Favourite Things =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 28, 2010 at 11:41 am

Wow….how incredibly beautiful. Some people just have a gift, don’t they? I wish I had a bit more flair for arranging things with simplicity. These images are so inspiring! Thanks hun!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Charmaine Olivia =-.

• Reply thedoodlegirl January 28, 2010 at 11:46 am

“a bit come hither…” I love it! It’s true. Gray is lovely. You say she’s only in her 20’s? Wow. Talented!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Trees at Night =-.

• Reply Laurie January 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm

oh how I love color used (or not) with restraint. Such control . . . of which I have none! Beautiful post!

• Reply Katrina January 28, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Beautiful photos! I am definitely feeling the all the gray right now. Now I want to paint!

• Reply Nadine January 28, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I love the photos. They are so spot on!! Just checked out Jeltje’s webside. Her work is absolutely stunning!

.-= Nadine´s last blog ..New to blogger? =-.

• Reply char January 28, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I would LOVE to transform our house in a come hither sort of way…maybe if I show some of Jeltje’s photos my husband may come around to the idea!
    .-= char´s last blog ..ThankFULL Thursdays… =-.

• Reply Jamie January 28, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Every time I read your blog and see your wonderful finds, I am so inspired!

Well, you’ve done it again, now I want to redo every room in my house AND makeover my studio. heh heh. I completely agree with you – this space can absolutely be lived and worked in. These rooms are simply gorgeous.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..New Jewelry for Valentine’s Day at =-.

• Reply Jane January 28, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Uh! I love the pics. Great fan of a grey palette anyway. Also like the fact to paint the Ikea table in grey – looks really sleek. And I love the sofa! Has anybody an idea where it’s from? And the cat is just adorable…

• Reply MC January 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm

WoW! Even the cat goes with the decoration! I really liked their dining room and the flowers on the wall.

• Reply tara - scoutie girl January 28, 2010 at 1:00 pm

really dig this photographer. i love how she’s captured or exploited the depth of each of these rooms. you really get a sense for the *space* each takes up.

thanks for the eye candy!
    .-= tara – scoutie girl´s last blog ..3 ways i’m successful :: guest post by megan auman =-.

• Reply Frau Mayer January 28, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Mmmh…. I know that it’s very silly but I have a similar cat and she makes the entire flat look so much better!
    Lovely interiors, some of them a bit too ’empty’ for my taste but still very clean and airy. I also love that armchair with a sheepskin on it!
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..Freedom is so near or Happy Cats =-.

• Reply victoria January 28, 2010 at 2:22 pm

ooooh, gorgeous, holly. more inspiration for my decor re-do! thank you!
    .-= victoria´s last blog ..farewell, dear mr. salinger. =-.

• Reply mina January 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Love them! Awesome interiors and great works!
    Thanks for sharing!
    .-= mina´s last blog ..Coney Island Boardwalk – Fine Art Photography 8 x 8 =-.

• Reply Linz January 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm

i can’t believe how beautifully she used gray in the rooms. some people just have that natural-born vision!

• Reply Caroline January 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I love those modeboards. I can just sit and watch them for so long.
    Even the cat is neatly dressed up with that black little scarf.

Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..The fossil house =-.

• Reply carrie leber January 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm

love this collection of rooms – of course adore the kitty too.
    .-= carrie leber´s last blog ..Joe Cariati Rolls Out New 2010 Collection =-.

• Reply Anna January 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Love this space:)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Handmade ruby red enamel butterfly earrings and pendant set =-.

• Reply Erin January 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I love how it’s black and white images but look like it was shot in a design studio. Very clever! Would love to know more about the artist!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..PB&J Worthy Splurges =-.

• Reply Andy Mathis January 28, 2010 at 5:30 pm

The grey is lovely and they get bonus points for matching it to the cat. :)
    .-= Andy Mathis´s last blog ..We Be Ate Up with Cuteness this week. . . . . =-.

• Reply Linda Crispell January 28, 2010 at 5:35 pm

The industrial metal legs on the table are fabulous.

• Reply Brooke January 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Great pics – oh boy I wish I could photograph all of those amazing interiors… dreaming…
    .-= Brooke´s last blog ..Signatures =-.

• Reply Jennifer January 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Pure *bliss*. I wanna recreate some of those designs at my house!!!

• Reply Cookie Cutter January 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I love how clean these rooms look and contrary to what I thought previously, grey is actually not dull!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..[Honeymoon] – Day 1 cont’d =-.

• Reply leslie January 28, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Her work is just stunning! I am in awe of these spaces she has photographed -so gorgeous and inspiring.
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Vignettes of Color =-.

• Reply April & May January 29, 2010 at 8:51 am

Jeltje is a fantastic photographer. I have worked with her on a project and it is really nice working with her. And for everyone who is loving the cat…I do also…because it is my cat who featured in a project I did with Jeltje in my house….She is called Zoe and is a cuty isn’t she?

• Reply Caroline January 29, 2010 at 9:48 am

I certainly adore the feel of these interiors, the white and peaceful look of them. And I love the small objects decorating the sewing area. The lighting in the shots is gorgeous. Really great!

.-= Caroline´s last blog ..Inspiring Wood Interiors =-.

• Reply Mama Without Borders January 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I am definitely in awe of this photographer’s talent. How exciting that she’s so young and already so accomplished. I adore all these images. I just want to study them and absorb each and every detail. I have to say that I’m not usually a fan of all white or gray decor but the serene and comfortable look that this photographer achieves is one I admire. My favorite shots are of the bulletin board and the two work spaces. I am always so drawn to creative spaces and these are so well composed and beautifully yet simply styled. Just lovely.
    .-= Mama Without Borders´s last blog ..Vintage items repurposed to create a home =-.

• Reply Kenziepoo January 29, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Wow, how stunning! Thanks for introducing me to this lovely photographer!
    .-= Kenziepoo´s last blog ..Which One? =-.

• Reply Lisa January 29, 2010 at 6:11 pm

what a great space — wonderful images

• Reply grace wieber January 29, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Glad I dropped in this evening. This photo shoot is pristine, serene and tres chic ! Beautifully done. :)
    .-= grace wieber´s last blog ..A Thank You Note ~ Will & Grace =-.

• Reply holly January 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Love it! Always a fan of shades of gray. What a talent! Will look forward to seeing more of her work…
    .-= holly´s last blog ..vintage whimsical horse one of a kind made in italy marked 6315 =-.

• Reply Prema January 31, 2010 at 12:24 am

Does anyone know which gray was used in this apartment? This looks like the shade I have been unsuccessfully searching for.

• Reply Jessica Woody January 31, 2010 at 11:41 am

Beautiful! The “hello” and “love” art frames are exquisite…the simple themes are very comforting.
    .-= Jessica Woody´s last blog ..Theme – Travel =-.

• Reply Megan Leblond January 31, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I absolutely love these delicate spaces. Adore the quiet flower motif on the wall near the table, not too tall and just sweet enough to sway in the wind for us.

• Reply Ash February 1, 2010 at 6:38 am

beautiful colors combination and that dog picture is so alluring.

• Reply thedoodlegirl February 11, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Beautiful white!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Homemade Dolls and an Alien =-.