After Tara’s guest post highlighting her adventures to Iceland, I’ve been thinking about taking a trip up north for a weekend visit to Reykjavik. I recently heard from Eirikur Adalsteinsson over at the online shop Icelandic Market which sells only wares created by designers from Iceland and enjoyed seeing the clean, modern style with the obvious love of nature in each product. Have you visited this shop before? Possibly not as it seems to be new to the blogging circuit.
If you’re keen on unique design with a nod to nature, you’ll love their home + fashion. I’m wishing I could get my husband to wear this Thufa hat in grey. I saw one on a man here the other day, he looked really, really cute in it and I imagined how my guy would wear it so well too. When I asked him he gave me the look. Does your sig other have a look, too? This look was of the not-in-your-dreams variety. The one where I know that all the convincing in the world will not change his mind. It’s the look I like the least! Maybe I can buy it and beg, though I may just end up with less money and the hat hanging on a little hook, permanently, in my hallway. Sigh. Or perhaps I can wear it. The designers are Farmers Market from Iceland and they show a lady wearing one here on their website so perhaps I can rock it if my husband ends up not wearing it. Hmmm.
On the other hand, this shawl is gorgeous. Wow. That would not hang on a little hook in my hallway, it would be draped around my neck and I may never take it off until Spring at least. It’s very folksy looking, I love that.
(images: icelandic market)
I’ve teamed up with West Elm to host a special new year’s contest, would you like to participate? West Elm has generously donated 5 $75 gift cards to giveaway on decor8 to 5 readers! Well aren’t you lucky!? Here are the details, read them carefully please because your entry may not qualify unless you do. Thank you.
- Win: $75 Gift Card from West Elm to use on anything in stock, including sale items! Yippee! If you’ve been saving up for a big ticket item, you can also apply your gift card to something valued at over $75 like that $150 chair you’ve been wanting….
- Winners: 5
- Enter: No anonymous entries will be accepted. When you comment, use your valid email address as that is the email I will use to contact you in case you win. Don’t worry, it will not be published in your actual comment, only I can see it. In the body of the comment please list everything neatly starting with your first name, city, state, and then add what you’d like to use the gift card on from West Elm if you win (up to 3 items). Please include a link to the product/s but do not post the link without first converting it into a tinyurl.com link to shorten it. All links must work, so please double check them. Thank you.
- Giveaway Ends: Monday, January 18, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Shipping: If you live outside of the US, you must have a US address for West Elm to ship to as they won’t deliver to you otherwise. If you do not have a US address, you cannot enter this contest (sorry, it’s just how they roll).
- Special Notes: One entry per household. If you’ve won a decor8 contest in the past 12 months you are ineligible. Winners will be selected using Random.org. All who read this blog are eligible ONLY if you have a US shipping address since your card will be delivered via first-class mail. Gift cards can be redeemed at any west elm®, Pottery Barn®, pottery barn kids®, PBteen®, Williams-Sonoma®, or Williams-Sonoma Home® stores, online or by phone only.
Ready? Set? Go! Remember one entry per household!
(images: west elm)
You may have noticed that Tartlette has been my blog of the week for a bit more than a week! Truth be told, I’ve not wanted to remove her because I love clicking over to her blog each day to see what she has cooked up since my last visit. One thing I noticed this morning that perhaps has been there all the time, or not, is that now her recipes are available in both French and English AND she has an etsy shop called Delicious Images where she sells her beautiful 8×12 photographs of the food she makes for $35 each. Yum! They’d all be so nice framed for a kitchen… Have a look and drool for yourself!
Do you know much about this talented lady behind Tartlette and Delicious Images? If not, you may want to have a look at her portfolio online. Helene Dujardin is a former pastry chef who relocated from France to beautiful Charlestown, South Carolina in ’98 and is a food stylist and photographer who, in my opinion, is going places. Love. Her.
I’ll be adding a new blog of the week today (sorry Helene!) but I’ve loved introducing you to Tartlette over the past few weeks and hope you’ve enjoyed it too!
(images: helene dujardin)
A new year means new stationery! I usually freshen up my card file around this time because I like to keep cards on hand for spontaneous giving that feel current. Plus paper always inspires me and in January and February with a mostly gray and white palette outdoors I find that I really need a little color inspiration in my life!
Linda & Harriett is no stranger to the blog world but I haven’t checked them out in awhile and so this morning when I popped over to their site I found lots of things that I’d like to order. I like their simple, modern letterpress greetings and note cards along with their gift tags and note pads. While I love the chevron cards, I find myself gravitating to these letterpress chandelier cards available in gray, pink and green. They’d look really sweet framed for a little color and pattern, too!
(image: linda & harriett)
Punchy pillows by Erin Flett!
Field Trip is a brand new print shop that just opened this past weekend on Etsy so let’s take a peek, shall we? Amy is a blogger and a graphic/web designer living and working in Vancouver who loves handmade design but who also works very hard to promote it. The posters in her shop are so cute, I think that you’ll really like them and there’s a bonus: Amy is offering a special promotion to celebrate the opening of her store — want to know more?
Love With Save The Day, Peace, You Had Me At Handmade are her three current prints available in tones of gray and lilac which is a hot palette at the moment and no doubt will continue into the rest of the year. Personally, I love these dusty, smoky tones. Amy’s special offer is: buy one poster get the second for 50% off and is valid until January 17th only – Once your order has been completed and Amy has received your payment, she’ll refund the difference. Great push to purchase, huh?
And by the way… Happy Monday to you!
(images: field trip)