Happy Weekend!

It’s about that time to sign off for the weekend and wish you farewell until Monday. What plans do you have? Anything fun? Remember, you have to fit in some play into the mix. I am going to work but on things that are really important to me like the materials for the class I’m teaching, a downloadable PDF for my students, and I’m going to work on a secret project that I have collaborated with three other local designers on to hopefully make a dream come true here later this year.

Happy Weekend

The Happy Home & Dora iz Londona.

I also have a little surprise that I’m working on for those of you who love Paris, I should have that ready next week too. :) Of course, I will do some fun things in addition to all of my work including a flea market visit in the morning and tomorrow night is date night with my husband. Hubba Hubba. Hey ladies what can I say? You have to keep the magic alive. :)

Happy Weekend

Trisha Brink Design & Miss Melba.

Don’t you think these images above set the mood for a relaxing weekend? I WANT that blue tub. Oh yes, I do… I had a tub like that only once in my lifetime and I wish I had appreciated it back then the way I would now. It’s so pretty, don’t you think? And deep. There is nothing like a deep tub that leaves nothing above water if you know what I mean! And bubbles. Must have bubbles. And candles and music and relaxing oil. But there is something you may not do in the tub that I do. I listen to Justin Timberlake. There’s nothing like a little Justin by candlelight in the tub. And Sia. Must have Sia in the tub, too. Do you like her? She just announced her tour dates so if you do, make sure you go see her live if she’s coming to a stage near you. I hear she’s a magical performer. Death by chocolate is one of those songs you just sink into. Kind of like that tub.

Okay so I’ve shared my plans, what are yours? I hope you have a lovely weekend and I’ll meet you back here on Monday! Schönes Wochenende!

xo, Holly

(photos: linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on February 05, 2010

1. Tracy commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 2:37pm

I’m going to be snapping away & making a photo “studio” a la Leslie for BYW. I’m so excited! I’ll also squeeze a little baking in too, just for fun. I would looooove a nice long soak in that tub! x
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..edible exploits: cranberry crumb bars =-.

2. Karena commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 2:53pm

I love to see art in a bathroom! The desk image is so fun with the sky blue desk light!
    Karena
    .-= Karena´s last blog ..Keep Pushing On =-.

3. Space by Eliana Tomas commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 3:08pm

1st and 3rd photos are gorgeous. love the blue tub as well. would go really well in my bathroom.
    My plans for this weekend are a furniture aution at minotti london, visit dieter rams at the design museum (i’ll blog about it this weekend) and prepare my blog post to celebrate the new chinese year arrival, which i have photos of one of my best portuguese friends home who lived in macau for 15 years – very oriental home.
    good luck with your things.
    oh, and catch up with a friend and get some rest!

4. juliette commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 3:10pm

well, i’ll be taking pics after that awesome lesson today in BYW!

Holly and Leslie are running an awesome class folks – highly recommend it!

also – saw your post on HausMaus and think I might just go for broke and pop my last bag of microwave popcorn. Not that I’m not up for DIY w/a little olive oil in a paper bag w/my kernels, but for the love, I cannot find paper bags the right size here…. Maybe when I go hunting for foam core board this weekend I’ll run into something…
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Corner View: Favorite Hangout =-.

5. julia commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 3:17pm

I love the storage ottomans flanking the small coffee table. I have a toddler so I’m pretty anti-coffee table right now, but I could see using the storage ottomans as side tables when I need them out of the way.
    .-= julia´s last blog ..Vintage crochet awesomeness =-.

6. Kristen commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 3:49pm

I love the art by the shower, but I wonder how it doesn’t run/wrinkle.

I’ve got to work most of the weekend, but I think I may have to squeeze a bath in. My bathtub isn’t nearly as aesthetically pleasing, but it’s old, and it definitely covers everything :-) mmmmm…looking forward to it already.
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Happy Friday! 5 Things Making Me Happy Right Now =-.

7. Marilyn commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:00pm

I am going to take a needle felting class tomorrow that I’m really looking forward to. I hope to post pictures if my classmates don’t mind. :)
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..I got a job!!! =-.

8. Sara commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:03pm

I like the tub too! Very inviting. I used to have one in an house I rented with some friends way back when. Oh it was nice.

Oh and I do like Sia too. I have here Colour the Small One sitting here at my desk.

Have a happy weekend!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..___ for granted. =-.

9. Emma commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:03pm

Happy weekend Holly! I LOVE Sia, and that tub! I don’t have a bathtub in our little cottage :( It makes me sad. Our landlord gave me a massive bottle of bubble bath for Christmas and I thought it was a slap in the face, until she said ‘Come use my new tub anytime you like’ (her house is on our 1200 acre property). This weekend my boyfriend and I are off on a two week holiday to Tasmania – can’t wait, lots of camping, hiking and beautiful scenery. This weekend marks the 1st anniversary of the Black Saturday fires that ripped through my part of the world last year. I have written about my experience on that night on my blog.

P.S. Love The Happy Home
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ One Year On – My Black Saturday Story } =-.

10. Jeszie commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:21pm

The paintings in the bath made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

11. frauheuberg commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:28pm

…like juilette..i will take some pics…hopefully the weather will be a little more better…than i must to have some little magical time too with “the man of my dreams”…i believe he think i live now in my laptop…and i must finish a project of frauheuberg…dance with our little one (she has now her own tutu…yeah…ballett)…and have a brunch on sunday with a good friend to visit her new sweet home…so much to do and much to enjoy…see you then…cheers…ines
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..lost in the "tape world"… =-.

12. Petergaye S. Kisielewicz commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:42pm

Have a great weekend Holly. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for class.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz´s last blog ..ME DAY =-.

13. Robyn commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:46pm

Beautiful bright bathroom, I have a tub just like it in grey! Actually, at 5’8, I don’t fit all the way in…need to prop my feet up a bit :(

This weekend is completely full, just the way I like it. I’m going to enjoy a nice workout to some hip hop tunes on my iPod, celebrating my dad’s birthday tomorrow at a yummy rib house, going snow innter-tubing (a big thing in Minnesota!), and winding it up with some Super Bowl watching. Wishing Minnesota made it all the way…

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
    .-= Robyn´s last blog ..random thought of the day… =-.

14. Maria commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 4:52pm

That living room is gorgeous! I love the simplicity when it comes to the choice of colors in it and the smart framing at the wall. And that floor is to die for.

Mmm…yes, Justin *hehe* I listen sometimes too, but don’t tell my bf ;)

Have a wonderful weekend and I wish you the best of luck with your secret project!
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..Happy Sunny Autumn Day 5×5 (13×13 cm) Photo Print =-.

15. laura trevey commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 5:02pm

Awesome Art in the bathroom!
    Happy weekend to you ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Just Blue and Green =-.

16. poppy51 commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 5:12pm

I just love everything!! It’s quiet, full of joy and happiness, just great!
    Do you the brand of the grey sofa (excuse my poor poor english….:-(!), because i’m searching for a new one just exactly like this!

17. Gina commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 5:27pm

It is seldom that I go gaga over an interior, but you finally got my attention Holly, I don’t know if it is the paintings, the wall, the tub or all that white. It must be all of it together.

Gina

18. Linz commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 5:33pm

yay for lovely weekend plans! i love the photos you put up, by the way. nice, airy, cheery, and fresh! my weekend’s chock full of activity, unfortunately. i like to hibernate on the wknds, and i can’t do that this wknd! out with family and friends, having a play day for my dog, etc. O_O still, we’re alive, and connecting with your friends and family is the best way to live. happy wknd!

19. Stacey commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 5:33pm

Love Sia!! Thanks so much for putting up her tour dates…so kind!

20. decor8 commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 6:10pm

Robyn – I love snow tubing! We did that a lot years ago… now I want to do it again! Have fun!

21. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 7:31pm

I want that blue tub too!!!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Friday Find: Whimsical Elephant Bookends =-.

22. Debra commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 9:14pm

All of those pictures are really nice and what a beautiful home. I love that blue bathtub. I’ve never had one like that before but I would so love to have one. Have a great weekend all.
    .-= Debra´s last blog ..Orange Sherbert and Blue Glass Beads Neckware =-.

23. Tatiana Maia commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 10:33pm

Nice weekend for you too, Holy!
    My husband, I and some friends will go to a picnic tomorrow. I’ll spend the weekend reading a book and finishing a painting I’m working on.

Hugs!
    Tati
    .-= Tatiana Maia´s last blog ..Drawing Manga =-.

24. Jen commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 11:26pm

Ahhh…what a lovely set. What I’d *love* to be doing this weekend is relaxing in any of the pictures above. What I *will* be doing is putting the finishing touches on my house before it goes on the market next week. Maybe next weekend I’ll play and relax. :)
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Al. Most. There. =-.

25. Renee commented
    February 5th, 2010 at 11:43pm

i love love love sia!!! i checked out the your link and she’s coming to toronto in april and i just bought tickets! thanks for keeping us in the loop. have a great weekend
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Pick of The Week: Zoe Chicco Rings =-.

26. Ngaire commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 3:07am

Holly..
    I just saw SIA here in Australia very recently.. and she is better than you can image!! BETTER!!!!!!! AMAZING voice.. and the CUTEST thing.
    LOVE your blog!

bliss,
    Ngaire (NIGH-RE)
    In Brisbane Australia

27. fiona commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 5:05am

Sia’s great, isn’t she? Just like the photos. I seriously need to do some decorating.
    .-= fiona´s last blog .. =-.

28. Melibu commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 5:05am

ah ah I loooove Sia and tubs ! Have a good week end, for my part, I will be in some parisian private sales with young new designers and then I’m invited to an introduction of a new book with 40 designers to help cambodian children to go to school.
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Jean Teulé – Le magasin des suicides =-.

29. Diana commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 5:07am

Can’t wait for the Paris info. I’m off to Paris, for the first time, at the end of this year – can’t wait. Good luck with your secret squirrel project – how exciting.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Heartbeat Love You Cushion =-.

30. carmen commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 6:06am

The lamps are fantastic!
    And the whole pastel atmosphere is soothing and relaxing!

Thanks for sharing!

Carmen
    buscut.blosgpot.com

31. Olga commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 6:40am

Wonderful, Holly, that sound like something very interesting. I hope it’s a success and am looking forward to you announcing it.

As for me, I’m just gonna go skating and will try to relax before the next week at work.

Have a great time!

Olga
    .-= Olga´s last blog ..In Memory of J.D. Salinger… =-.

32. belinda commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 6:42am

thanks for including my pic in your line-up! excited! I’ll be spending the rest of my weekend attempting to do my moodboard for class and putting Leslie’s brilliant tips to good use too. I second Juliette’s comment about the class: it’s really great. Can’t wait to hear more about your collaboration holly! x
    .-= belinda´s last blog ..modern vintage correspondence =-.

33. Sylwia Dziuba commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 7:29am

Beautiful interiors Holly, I just want to enter, sit, and relax, so peaceful… :)
    .-= Sylwia Dziuba´s last blog ..My work… =-.

34. Laura Gaskill commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 8:35am

I will be creating my inspiration board & setting up a mini-photo studio for BYW, checking out a few vintage shops with my sweetie, and (fingers crossed!) picking up a Swedish style dining table & bench that we spotted on Craigslist! And then some cooking and puttering around the house, and a nice long bath (I WISH it was in that blue tub!!) on Sunday :)

And I LOVE the first photo of the desk! I am saving that image as inspiration for my own workspace!

Have a marvelous weekend, Holly!!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Sweet Obsessions Friday =-.

35. Sarah commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 10:57am

A little JT in the tub is an excellent idea. Especially his first solo album.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Keeping Spring in my heart =-.

36. Julia commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Loving the postcard wall. (And your blog. ;) )

37. Patti Backer commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 2:30pm

I will be painting painting painting! It’s a nice rainy day here in the desert. That’s a rare thing :)

38. Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 8:21pm

Great images and plans for the weekend! Schönes Wochenende to you, and all, too. (Wish I had a German keyboard – very cool).
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Las Vegas Vegan Food: Red Velvet Cafe =-.

39. bonnie commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 8:28pm

i could use a little hubba hubba… and a litte jt by the tub wouldn’t hurt either! in fact, i think you’ve inspired me. :)

happy weekend!
    .-= bonnie´s last blog ..diy business cards =-.

40. Kelley commented
    February 6th, 2010 at 11:10pm

I’m so excited to see so many Sia lovers! I live in Dallas, so hopefully she’ll do a venue like the House of Blues when she comes our way. As for JT…I don’t think there’s any place I wouldn’t enjoy listening to him. The blue tub would just put the icing on the JT cake!
    This weekend I’ll be attending an annual Mardi Gras parade in the Bishop Arts District in Dallas…one of my favorite events of the year!

41. Annie commented
    February 7th, 2010 at 12:42am

These images do make me want to curl up with a book & some tea and just RELAX!!! I’ve been so busy with BYW, that I’ve hardly popped by decor8 this week, and these images make me realize how much I’ve missed it! Looking forward to lingering through the last week’s posts here, Holly!
    .-= Annie´s last blog ..Inspiration =-.

42. Trisha commented
    February 7th, 2010 at 4:09am

Thanks so much Holly for including my “Blue Tub” photo. I’m loving The Happy Homes’ blue lamp….super cute! I’m off to the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in Seattle, a bit of junkin’ and antiquin’, and best of all Anthropologie! After all that…..well, I’ll be soaking in that blue tub! :o) Cheers to you all!
    .-= Trisha´s last blog ..Weekend Wanderer… =-.

43. soisses commented
    February 7th, 2010 at 6:10am

i really love the “&” on the first pic! i am a big letter fan…
    have a nice weekend.

44. Haidy commented
    February 7th, 2010 at 9:41am

These pictures feel so fresh yet they make me feel warm :)
    .-= Haidy´s last blog ..Beginnings =-.

45. Carol commented
    February 7th, 2010 at 7:19pm

I loved this post! Very, very Interesting!
    Kiss: Carol
    .-= Carol´s last blog .. =-.

46. emma commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 7:13am

Bathroom is perfectly designed for a relaxing break!
    .-= emma´s last blog ..Nächtliche Geschöpfe =-.

47. Sarah commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 9:58am

Holly, I’m on my way home from Japan and have developed a love for deep bathtubs from my little holiday there. I love the blue tub, just wish I could be in it right now instead of an arport in Hong Kong.

48. Jennifer Squires Ross commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 1:42pm

Those empty over sized frames above the couch are brilliant! I may have to steal that idea. There are so many lovely things that you could rotate out of them: one small photograph/drawing/piece of art, a love note, or any other little inspiring trinket.
    .-= Jennifer Squires Ross´s last blog ..choosing art sizes for your space =-.

49. Rhodora commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:58pm

Wow I really like the neutral color palettes of all of these rooms. They definitely offer a tranquility that a home should always offer.

And thanks for sharing Sia! Her voice is amazing, and adds nicely to a playlist of Adele, Winehouse, and Duffy.
    .-= Rhodora´s last blog ..Remix =-.

50. Jennifer at NicoleJaneHome commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 11:52pm

Gorgeous photos. I love the floor tile in the last living room photo.

51. Jessica commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 2:13pm

I am in LOVE with the ampersand sign resting on the desk! Looking for letters of my bookshelf. Any idea where I can find the ampersand or regular alphabets letters like that?

52. agnes szucs commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 3:58pm

Love the floor on all three photos… so inviting.

53. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 5:19pm

Jessica I really do not know but you can always paint one on your wall by using a projector and of course, your steady hand!