uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

February 5, 2010

It’s about that time to sign off for the weekend and wish you farewell until Monday. What plans do you have? Anything fun? Remember, you have to fit in some play into the mix. I am going to work but on things that are really important to me like the materials for the class I’m teaching, a downloadable PDF for my students, and I’m going to work on a secret project that I have collaborated with three other local designers on to hopefully make a dream come true here later this year.

Happy Weekend!

The Happy Home & Dora iz Londona.

I also have a little surprise that I’m working on for those of you who love Paris, I should have that ready next week too. :) Of course, I will do some fun things in addition to all of my work including a flea market visit in the morning and tomorrow night is date night with my husband. Hubba Hubba. Hey ladies what can I say? You have to keep the magic alive. :)

Happy Weekend!

Trisha Brink Design & Miss Melba.

Don’t you think these images above set the mood for a relaxing weekend? I WANT that blue tub. Oh yes, I do… I had a tub like that only once in my lifetime and I wish I had appreciated it back then the way I would now. It’s so pretty, don’t you think? And deep. There is nothing like a deep tub that leaves nothing above water if you know what I mean! And bubbles. Must have bubbles. And candles and music and relaxing oil. But there is something you may not do in the tub that I do. I listen to Justin Timberlake. There’s nothing like a little Justin by candlelight in the tub. And Sia. Must have Sia in the tub, too. Do you like her? She just announced her tour dates so if you do, make sure you go see her live if she’s coming to a stage near you. I hear she’s a magical performer. Death by chocolate is one of those songs you just sink into. Kind of like that tub.

Okay so I’ve shared my plans, what are yours? I hope you have a lovely weekend and I’ll meet you back here on Monday! Schönes Wochenende!

xo, Holly

(photos: linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

53 Comments

• Reply Tracy February 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I’m going to be snapping away & making a photo “studio” a la Leslie for BYW. I’m so excited! I’ll also squeeze a little baking in too, just for fun. I would looooove a nice long soak in that tub! x
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..edible exploits: cranberry crumb bars =-.

• Reply Karena February 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I love to see art in a bathroom! The desk image is so fun with the sky blue desk light!
    Karena
    .-= Karena´s last blog ..Keep Pushing On =-.

• Reply Space by Eliana Tomas February 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm

1st and 3rd photos are gorgeous. love the blue tub as well. would go really well in my bathroom.
    My plans for this weekend are a furniture aution at minotti london, visit dieter rams at the design museum (i’ll blog about it this weekend) and prepare my blog post to celebrate the new chinese year arrival, which i have photos of one of my best portuguese friends home who lived in macau for 15 years – very oriental home.
    good luck with your things.
    oh, and catch up with a friend and get some rest!

• Reply juliette February 5, 2010 at 3:10 pm

well, i’ll be taking pics after that awesome lesson today in BYW!

Holly and Leslie are running an awesome class folks – highly recommend it!

also – saw your post on HausMaus and think I might just go for broke and pop my last bag of microwave popcorn. Not that I’m not up for DIY w/a little olive oil in a paper bag w/my kernels, but for the love, I cannot find paper bags the right size here…. Maybe when I go hunting for foam core board this weekend I’ll run into something…
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Corner View: Favorite Hangout =-.

• Reply julia February 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I love the storage ottomans flanking the small coffee table. I have a toddler so I’m pretty anti-coffee table right now, but I could see using the storage ottomans as side tables when I need them out of the way.
    .-= julia´s last blog ..Vintage crochet awesomeness =-.

• Reply Kristen February 5, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I love the art by the shower, but I wonder how it doesn’t run/wrinkle.

I’ve got to work most of the weekend, but I think I may have to squeeze a bath in. My bathtub isn’t nearly as aesthetically pleasing, but it’s old, and it definitely covers everything :-) mmmmm…looking forward to it already.
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Happy Friday! 5 Things Making Me Happy Right Now =-.

• Reply Marilyn February 5, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I am going to take a needle felting class tomorrow that I’m really looking forward to. I hope to post pictures if my classmates don’t mind. :)
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..I got a job!!! =-.

• Reply Sara February 5, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I like the tub too! Very inviting. I used to have one in an house I rented with some friends way back when. Oh it was nice.

Oh and I do like Sia too. I have here Colour the Small One sitting here at my desk.

Have a happy weekend!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..___ for granted. =-.

• Reply Emma February 5, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Happy weekend Holly! I LOVE Sia, and that tub! I don’t have a bathtub in our little cottage :( It makes me sad. Our landlord gave me a massive bottle of bubble bath for Christmas and I thought it was a slap in the face, until she said ‘Come use my new tub anytime you like’ (her house is on our 1200 acre property). This weekend my boyfriend and I are off on a two week holiday to Tasmania – can’t wait, lots of camping, hiking and beautiful scenery. This weekend marks the 1st anniversary of the Black Saturday fires that ripped through my part of the world last year. I have written about my experience on that night on my blog.

P.S. Love The Happy Home
    .-= Emma´s last blog ..{ One Year On – My Black Saturday Story } =-.

• Reply Jeszie February 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm

The paintings in the bath made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply frauheuberg February 5, 2010 at 4:28 pm

…like juilette..i will take some pics…hopefully the weather will be a little more better…than i must to have some little magical time too with “the man of my dreams”…i believe he think i live now in my laptop…and i must finish a project of frauheuberg…dance with our little one (she has now her own tutu…yeah…ballett)…and have a brunch on sunday with a good friend to visit her new sweet home…so much to do and much to enjoy…see you then…cheers…ines
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..lost in the "tape world"… =-.

• Reply Petergaye S. Kisielewicz February 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Have a great weekend Holly. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for class.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz´s last blog ..ME DAY =-.

• Reply Robyn February 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful bright bathroom, I have a tub just like it in grey! Actually, at 5’8, I don’t fit all the way in…need to prop my feet up a bit :(

This weekend is completely full, just the way I like it. I’m going to enjoy a nice workout to some hip hop tunes on my iPod, celebrating my dad’s birthday tomorrow at a yummy rib house, going snow innter-tubing (a big thing in Minnesota!), and winding it up with some Super Bowl watching. Wishing Minnesota made it all the way…

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
    .-= Robyn´s last blog ..random thought of the day… =-.

• Reply decor8 February 5, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Robyn – I love snow tubing! We did that a lot years ago… now I want to do it again! Have fun!

• Reply Maria February 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm

That living room is gorgeous! I love the simplicity when it comes to the choice of colors in it and the smart framing at the wall. And that floor is to die for.

Mmm…yes, Justin *hehe* I listen sometimes too, but don’t tell my bf ;)

Have a wonderful weekend and I wish you the best of luck with your secret project!
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..Happy Sunny Autumn Day 5×5 (13×13 cm) Photo Print =-.

• Reply laura trevey February 5, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Awesome Art in the bathroom!
    Happy weekend to you ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Just Blue and Green =-.

• Reply poppy51 February 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I just love everything!! It’s quiet, full of joy and happiness, just great!
    Do you the brand of the grey sofa (excuse my poor poor english….:-(!), because i’m searching for a new one just exactly like this!

• Reply Gina February 5, 2010 at 5:27 pm

It is seldom that I go gaga over an interior, but you finally got my attention Holly, I don’t know if it is the paintings, the wall, the tub or all that white. It must be all of it together.

Gina

• Reply Linz February 5, 2010 at 5:33 pm

yay for lovely weekend plans! i love the photos you put up, by the way. nice, airy, cheery, and fresh! my weekend’s chock full of activity, unfortunately. i like to hibernate on the wknds, and i can’t do that this wknd! out with family and friends, having a play day for my dog, etc. O_O still, we’re alive, and connecting with your friends and family is the best way to live. happy wknd!

• Reply Stacey February 5, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Love Sia!! Thanks so much for putting up her tour dates…so kind!

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee February 5, 2010 at 7:31 pm

I want that blue tub too!!!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Friday Find: Whimsical Elephant Bookends =-.

• Reply Debra February 5, 2010 at 9:14 pm

All of those pictures are really nice and what a beautiful home. I love that blue bathtub. I’ve never had one like that before but I would so love to have one. Have a great weekend all.
    .-= Debra´s last blog ..Orange Sherbert and Blue Glass Beads Neckware =-.

• Reply Tatiana Maia February 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Nice weekend for you too, Holy!
    My husband, I and some friends will go to a picnic tomorrow. I’ll spend the weekend reading a book and finishing a painting I’m working on.

Hugs!
    Tati
    .-= Tatiana Maia´s last blog ..Drawing Manga =-.

• Reply Jen February 5, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Ahhh…what a lovely set. What I’d *love* to be doing this weekend is relaxing in any of the pictures above. What I *will* be doing is putting the finishing touches on my house before it goes on the market next week. Maybe next weekend I’ll play and relax. :)
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Al. Most. There. =-.

• Reply Renee February 5, 2010 at 11:43 pm

i love love love sia!!! i checked out the your link and she’s coming to toronto in april and i just bought tickets! thanks for keeping us in the loop. have a great weekend
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Pick of The Week: Zoe Chicco Rings =-.

• Reply Ngaire February 6, 2010 at 3:07 am

Holly..
    I just saw SIA here in Australia very recently.. and she is better than you can image!! BETTER!!!!!!! AMAZING voice.. and the CUTEST thing.
    LOVE your blog!

bliss,
    Ngaire (NIGH-RE)
    In Brisbane Australia

• Reply fiona February 6, 2010 at 5:05 am

Sia’s great, isn’t she? Just like the photos. I seriously need to do some decorating.
    .-= fiona´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Melibu February 6, 2010 at 5:05 am

ah ah I loooove Sia and tubs ! Have a good week end, for my part, I will be in some parisian private sales with young new designers and then I’m invited to an introduction of a new book with 40 designers to help cambodian children to go to school.
    .-= Melibu´s last blog ..Jean Teulé – Le magasin des suicides =-.

• Reply Diana February 6, 2010 at 5:07 am

Can’t wait for the Paris info. I’m off to Paris, for the first time, at the end of this year – can’t wait. Good luck with your secret squirrel project – how exciting.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Heartbeat Love You Cushion =-.

• Reply carmen February 6, 2010 at 6:06 am

The lamps are fantastic!
    And the whole pastel atmosphere is soothing and relaxing!

Thanks for sharing!

Carmen
    buscut.blosgpot.com

• Reply Olga February 6, 2010 at 6:40 am

Wonderful, Holly, that sound like something very interesting. I hope it’s a success and am looking forward to you announcing it.

As for me, I’m just gonna go skating and will try to relax before the next week at work.

Have a great time!

Olga
    .-= Olga´s last blog ..In Memory of J.D. Salinger… =-.

• Reply belinda February 6, 2010 at 6:42 am

thanks for including my pic in your line-up! excited! I’ll be spending the rest of my weekend attempting to do my moodboard for class and putting Leslie’s brilliant tips to good use too. I second Juliette’s comment about the class: it’s really great. Can’t wait to hear more about your collaboration holly! x
    .-= belinda´s last blog ..modern vintage correspondence =-.

• Reply Sylwia Dziuba February 6, 2010 at 7:29 am

Beautiful interiors Holly, I just want to enter, sit, and relax, so peaceful… :)
    .-= Sylwia Dziuba´s last blog ..My work… =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill February 6, 2010 at 8:35 am

I will be creating my inspiration board & setting up a mini-photo studio for BYW, checking out a few vintage shops with my sweetie, and (fingers crossed!) picking up a Swedish style dining table & bench that we spotted on Craigslist! And then some cooking and puttering around the house, and a nice long bath (I WISH it was in that blue tub!!) on Sunday :)

And I LOVE the first photo of the desk! I am saving that image as inspiration for my own workspace!

Have a marvelous weekend, Holly!!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Sweet Obsessions Friday =-.

• Reply Sarah February 6, 2010 at 10:57 am

A little JT in the tub is an excellent idea. Especially his first solo album.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Keeping Spring in my heart =-.

• Reply Julia February 6, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Loving the postcard wall. (And your blog. ;) )

• Reply Patti Backer February 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I will be painting painting painting! It’s a nice rainy day here in the desert. That’s a rare thing :)

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas February 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Great images and plans for the weekend! Schönes Wochenende to you, and all, too. (Wish I had a German keyboard – very cool).
    .-= Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas´s last blog ..Las Vegas Vegan Food: Red Velvet Cafe =-.

• Reply bonnie February 6, 2010 at 8:28 pm

i could use a little hubba hubba… and a litte jt by the tub wouldn’t hurt either! in fact, i think you’ve inspired me. :)

happy weekend!
    .-= bonnie´s last blog ..diy business cards =-.

• Reply Kelley February 6, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I’m so excited to see so many Sia lovers! I live in Dallas, so hopefully she’ll do a venue like the House of Blues when she comes our way. As for JT…I don’t think there’s any place I wouldn’t enjoy listening to him. The blue tub would just put the icing on the JT cake!
    This weekend I’ll be attending an annual Mardi Gras parade in the Bishop Arts District in Dallas…one of my favorite events of the year!

• Reply Annie February 7, 2010 at 12:42 am

These images do make me want to curl up with a book & some tea and just RELAX!!! I’ve been so busy with BYW, that I’ve hardly popped by decor8 this week, and these images make me realize how much I’ve missed it! Looking forward to lingering through the last week’s posts here, Holly!
    .-= Annie´s last blog ..Inspiration =-.

• Reply Trisha February 7, 2010 at 4:09 am

Thanks so much Holly for including my “Blue Tub” photo. I’m loving The Happy Homes’ blue lamp….super cute! I’m off to the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in Seattle, a bit of junkin’ and antiquin’, and best of all Anthropologie! After all that…..well, I’ll be soaking in that blue tub! :o) Cheers to you all!
    .-= Trisha´s last blog ..Weekend Wanderer… =-.

• Reply soisses February 7, 2010 at 6:10 am

i really love the “&” on the first pic! i am a big letter fan…
    have a nice weekend.

• Reply Haidy February 7, 2010 at 9:41 am

These pictures feel so fresh yet they make me feel warm :)
    .-= Haidy´s last blog ..Beginnings =-.

• Reply Carol February 7, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I loved this post! Very, very Interesting!
    Kiss: Carol
    .-= Carol´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply emma February 8, 2010 at 7:13 am

Bathroom is perfectly designed for a relaxing break!
    .-= emma´s last blog ..Nächtliche Geschöpfe =-.

• Reply Sarah February 8, 2010 at 9:58 am

Holly, I’m on my way home from Japan and have developed a love for deep bathtubs from my little holiday there. I love the blue tub, just wish I could be in it right now instead of an arport in Hong Kong.

• Reply Jennifer Squires Ross February 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Those empty over sized frames above the couch are brilliant! I may have to steal that idea. There are so many lovely things that you could rotate out of them: one small photograph/drawing/piece of art, a love note, or any other little inspiring trinket.
    .-= Jennifer Squires Ross´s last blog ..choosing art sizes for your space =-.

• Reply Rhodora February 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Wow I really like the neutral color palettes of all of these rooms. They definitely offer a tranquility that a home should always offer.

And thanks for sharing Sia! Her voice is amazing, and adds nicely to a playlist of Adele, Winehouse, and Duffy.
    .-= Rhodora´s last blog ..Remix =-.

• Reply Jennifer at NicoleJaneHome February 8, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Gorgeous photos. I love the floor tile in the last living room photo.

• Reply Jessica February 9, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I am in LOVE with the ampersand sign resting on the desk! Looking for letters of my bookshelf. Any idea where I can find the ampersand or regular alphabets letters like that?

• Reply decor8 February 9, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Jessica I really do not know but you can always paint one on your wall by using a projector and of course, your steady hand!

• Reply agnes szucs February 9, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Love the floor on all three photos… so inviting.