Bloomingville

I’ve talked about Danish home brand Bloomingville by TrendKompagniet before, but it’s been awhile and with Spring and gardening on my mind a lot lately I’ve been looking for some inspiring products that bring a breath of fresh air into the home. Bloomingville is a brand that you can find in Germany, and it is gaining in popularity like many other Danish and Swedish labels that are starting to find many loyal customers here.

Bloomingville

Bloomingville

This is the time of the year that I enjoy because Winter melts into clear, warm days and slowly you begin to find clothes and home accessories that fill you with the promise of flirty sundresses and brightly-colored wellies. Over the weekend I bought the cutest pale gray shoes and visited Noa Noa where you can find some of the loveliest Spring fashion ever. My white narcissus also bloomed on my windowsill after waiting several weeks though the transformation from bulb to bloom is always a pleasure to watch… I think it is because of being a gentle reminder of the patience we need to have in order to grow and blossom – beauty does not come overnight!

Don’t you enjoy the product shots from Bloomingville above? I do, though they are a bit too country for my taste I see many that I can mix and match into a more modern home with clean lines and that is what I live about Bloomingville, there is something for everyone. Did you notice the dresser in the top left photo? It looks like it was painted with light grey chalkboard paint. I love the idea of pale gray chalkboard paint, many tend to go with black chalkboard paint on the walls which is lovely but upon seeing this I think gray appeals to me a bit more right now I think. What about you?

I need to run off to teach a class for a few hours, so I’ll be back a little later…

(images: bloomingville)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, inspiration on February 08, 2010

1. Laura Evans commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 11:50am

& they’re in germany … whoop whoop. Need more germany so i can go a shopping!
    .-= Laura Evans´s last blog ..the flower halo – 8×8 original fine art photographic print =-.

2. Aaåent hus commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 11:55am

Hi! I love these photos. I did a blog about the same thing last week, with kind of the same comments. Love the springy feeling it awakens in me. And this is also a bit to country / romantic for my taste. But a few glimpses of it mixed with more modern pieces can be exciting! :) Have a great week.

3. C.D. Beatrice Clay commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 11:57am

These are just gorgeous! Where do I start. I loooove the tray with the tiny vases…and the delicate metal soap dish…oooh and that pale green and white polka dot japanese style coin purse aaah swoon….and one day soon I hope to make my own little wooden tea box..> such a grown up lady like think to have….all together lovely! Thanks for brightening my day with these lovelies!

4. Julia commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 12:28pm

The white sideboard with all the little drawers is nice – I’d like something like that here at home! I also really like the chalkboard paint. Would be fun to have a kitchen wall painted with that – for grocery lists, little poems, everyday notes and for my son.

5. Stephanie Ryan commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 12:53pm

Yes, gray! I love the idea of the chalkboard paint but would never consider black. Gray would work great!
    .-= Stephanie Ryan´s last blog ..More Play Time. =-.

6. Morgan Bradshaw commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 1:49pm

ok i am big into this color palette it is so gorgeous! i actually like the style it seems cozy to me
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! =-.

7. noelia commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:01pm

they are absolutely gorgeus… and yeah, I definetily prefer grey better than black… maybe it’s not as cool as black, but it is warmer and cutter!! ^_^

8. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:04pm

beautiful images!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Friday Find: Whimsical Elephant Bookends =-.

9. emily at thirtyeight20 commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:05pm

I love it all!! Particularly that desk with the two industrial lights over it. A space like that would really help me to catch up on all those letters I’ve been meaning to write to faraway friends…
    .-= emily at thirtyeight20´s last blog ..Wood Work =-.

10. Kelli Taylor commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:28pm

Such eye candy!

11. Meredith commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:28pm

Very light and airy. Beautiful styling. I can’t wait for our blooms to get brave and start poking their little heads out!

I like the idea of grey chalkboard paint. I wonder if it would show chalk smudges less than the black? Could be great for a child’s room.
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..Smallable Children’s Decor =-.

12. Nuit commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:35pm

OMG, thse images are seriously delicious…. so nice. Happy day Holly =D
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..HOT colors of the Season =-.

13. ines commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:43pm

Wow, How did I live without your blog? It’s so wonderful. Thanks for all the wonderful stuff. Go on. ines
    .-= ines´s last blog ..Wenn jemand… =-.

14. kate commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 2:47pm

these photos make me happy and calm. sometimes i can tend toward too modern a look, but these photos are are soft and beautiful. i agree with the commenter above…just love that white sideboard!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Message for the day. =-.

15. Lisa commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 3:15pm

Re: the chalk board paint – Gray is the new black – definitely fresher and more appealing to me right now. I also dig the metal magazine holder in the first row photo on the left.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Inspiration Board =-.

16. Rachel @ Little Aviary commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 3:46pm

These are just fantastic. And that giant ampersand is amazing!
    I love the grey chalk board paint. Grey is such a soft comfortable color. So versatile!
    .-= Rachel @ Little Aviary´s last blog ..SALINGER CONFECTIONERY CO. =-.

17. Genelle commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 4:08pm

These photos are wonderful! Just my style! And the colors feel like Spring! I love Spring but I’m not ready for Winter to be over!

Genelle

.-= Genelle´s last blog ..Vellum Blooms =-.

18. Lisa commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 4:14pm

I’m truly welcoming spring into our home. We’re redecorating our kitchen and I’m collecting photos to inspire me. Some great ones in this collection. Thanks! xx
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Papertrey Anniversary Challenge =-.

19. Andi commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 4:24pm

I love the tea organizer!! I always have so many different teas to offer friends when they visit and no cute way of serving them.
    .-= Andi´s last blog ..want this =-.

20. nichole commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 4:34pm

The colors are vibrant and subtle at the same time. So cool.
    .-= nichole´s last blog ..Metro at Night =-.

21. Truly Smitten commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 5:49pm

So beautiful!

22. Mónica commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 5:52pm

I love the summer feeling in all of the pictures! Here, in Portugal, days are getting bigger and warmer. I enjoy this time of the year to!
    .-= Mónica´s last blog .. =-.

23. Ana commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 6:17pm

You’ll be killing me with so much eye candy!
    Yes, I’m also eager to have spring here (though we managed to go to the beach this weekend, but just for a walk) but I just love winter and the cosiness it brings…..
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..Blogging Your Way e-course – Week 3 =-.

24. Helena commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 6:32pm

love the pictures and the shop! gorgeous
    .-= Helena´s last blog ..Viviana’s gorgeousness =-.

25. julia commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 6:33pm

There’s truly so much about these pictures that I love and want to find away to make it a reality in my house. We just bought our first house last fall so I’ll all aflutter with ideas and inspiration. The table with the drop down sides and little drawer is perfect. It make me think of the table my mom said she had growing up that had a drawer in it where they kept the everyday silverware.
    .-= julia´s last blog ..Vintage crochet awesomeness =-.

26. nadine commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 6:34pm

That tea organizer is simple and lovely, just perfect for my kitchen…
    .-= nadine´s last blog ..Laura Laine =-.

27. Stacey commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 7:01pm

I LOVE the gigantic ampersand! I’ve never seen anything like it.
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..A quick DIY vase – perfect for Valentine’s Day! =-.

28. mandy commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 10:27pm

these are all so adorable!!!
    i’m in love with the big ampersand.
    i have a chalkboard wall. thinking about chalkboard furniture now!

29. Jennifer at NicoleJaneHome commented
    February 8th, 2010 at 11:50pm

I was thinking of painting my main level a light grey, but after seeing these pictures, I think I might start looking at white. It really is so beautiful, and its such a wonderful backdrop for all the wonderful objects in these photos. Thank you for the inspiration

30. My Owl Barn commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 12:05am

I love this brand. I wish my work space looked like the 9th photo. That desk and the shades are the cutest!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Vintage Chic by Graziela =-.

31. thedoodlegirl commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 12:49am

Gray, yes, yes! Lovely, lovely photographs. These make me so happy!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Homemade Dolls and an Alien =-.

32. Mel commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 1:21am

I would put those pictures on my wall as art. Glorious!
    .-= Mel´s last blog ..new ideas … =-.

33. dolores commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 8:42am

oh soo nice everything AND I hope soooo much I can manage it to get into your next class!!!
    .-= dolores´s last blog ..zweifelhafte Mitbewohner =-.

34. Kitty commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 8:43am

I also love the pictures and products of Bloomingville. In fact, I love them so much that I am right now starting up my own company here in Holland to start selling them…
    I know that the dresser that you mentioned is made of zinc. First I also thought it was chalkboard paint!
    Love your blog!

35. jamieofalltrades commented
    February 10th, 2010 at 12:48am

Gorgeous photos. I love the styling.
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..blog it forward =-.

36. Robin commented
    February 13th, 2010 at 4:11am

I really like your blog. So many little lovely things!

37. Dana commented
    February 15th, 2010 at 12:36pm

Where is that giant ampersand from. Its amazing and I must have one!

38. Elin (Born to shop - a blog about home decor) commented
    March 6th, 2010 at 10:28am

I just simply love Bloomingville! Here in Sweden it´s a webshop, and I love their beautiful things:-)
    .-= Elin (Born to shop – a blog about home decor)´s last blog ..Ta in våren =-.