Superfolk

Good morning! I’m certain that this will soon be on every single design blog out there, but I’m going to post it anyway because c’mon – look at this furniture – how can I resist? These beauties (stool, table, wallpaper and lampshade) are from Irish design studio Superfolk who just launched their new range of products at the Stockholm Furniture Fair currently in progress. I’m betting they’ll be a huge hit.

Superfolk

Superfolk

Superfolk

Superfolk

Superfolk is an independent design studio established by Gearoid Muldowney in 2008. The studio’s heart is in the craft of production, be that hand made or industrial. Superfolk’s products are a tribute to Ireland’s heritage of object making, playfully referencing a way of life rooted in the land, its animals and its weather whilst also striving to emulate the sensitivity and sustainability of the vernacular approach. The studio is focused on working with locally sourced Irish materials and strives for innovation in its approach to natural resources such as wool, wood and leather.”

Superfolk

When I see this furniture I imagine a modern Irish pub with these tables and stools, something very streamlined, social, friendly, but not as traditional as the classic Irish pub — a bit of a nod to it with a more modern take. Wouldn’t that be grand? Or perhaps placing the stools in an entry way or using the table as a desk in your office — these pieces work in so many different environments! What do you think?

(images: superfolk)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on February 09, 2010

1. Carrie @ CarrieCan commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:10am

They remind me of a ski cabin. Everybody coming in from the cold and huddling up together on those cute sttols in front of the fire place :)
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..The office: APFEL =-.

2. Amy commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:13am

really liking the idea of a modern take on an irish pub. the light color of wood that’s been used could fit into so many different types of spaces quite well. and so great that they’re going the extra mile to use locally sourced materials!!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..No – that couldn’t be… =-.

3. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:25am

Amy thanks, I thought of that the moment I saw these product shots and now I want to design a modern Irish pub!!!

4. mau commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:37am

i love them! thanks for your beautiful posts…i look forward to them everyday. you brighten up my days and inspire me.

5. juliette commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:55am

I like how they look ‘solid’ without looking chunky, know what I mean?

That yellow wallpaper w/the outline of Ireland is pretty snazzy, too!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..On Assignment: a collage =-.

6. Anna-Malin commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 5:43am

Hi Holly!

I recieved your mail yesterday, and I answered it right back. But it seems like my email doesn´t work properly so now I have sent you another one!

/Anna-Malin

7. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 5:59am

Hi Anna-Malin! Still haven’t received it, can you try another email address then? Maybe holly at decor8blog dot com or hollybecker at gmx dot net?
    Thank you!!!!

8. laura trevey commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 6:04am

Love these! How rustic and natural ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Betty White – She’s Still Got It =-.

9. Queeniebee commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 6:35am

I love the hanging prints. I have one similar in my flat but it’s a Chinese hanging print – they’re really popular here.
    .-= Queeniebee´s last blog ..What on earth is my niche? Do I really need one? =-.

10. yael commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 7:09am

That is my style, no doubt!!!!!!
    .-= yael´s last blog ..The photographer locket – collaboration with POLARITY =-.

11. Caro-lines-images commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 7:26am

Looks nice and very soft, but I prefer something more comfortable to sit in at my desk. But at the office for meetings: great.
    .-= Caro-lines-images´s last blog ..The Art of Life =-.

12. sandra commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 8:23am

I really love wooden furniture, I love the rawness and the nature-feel and these are beautiful!
    .-= sandra´s last blog ..En stille stund with giant dolls =-.

13. Aleksandra Podbereski commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 10:10am

I LOVE the material/wallpaper strips as wall hangings. And the table and stools would look great in a kitchen for kids (and parents) to pop in and out of with their crafts and food and whatever else.
    .-= Aleksandra Podbereski´s last blog ..Falling Behind =-.

14. Shannon commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 10:37am

I love the idea of using this furniture in a modern pub design – seems so many of them are dark wood/dark lighting (winter bar vibe). There’s enough stormy weather in Ireland, a little light wood and lighting would do wonders! The furniture is a take on the traditional anyway. I love the wallpaper too.

15. mmiles commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 10:57am

personally I would say, that it could be a nice contemporary Scandinavian-style pub :)

16. Meredith commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:17pm

I love the versatility of these stools! I can think of about a million places I could use them in.
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..Resolution No. 6: Homemade Sandwich Bread =-.

17. summerbl4ck commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 4:41pm

I think it’s one of those things that looks good in a photo but necessarily in practice. Personally I hate sitting on stools–no back support! And am I the only who thinks that last photo looks comically crowded? Tipping back a few pints in a pub? Maybe. In my house, not so much.

18. MichelleP commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 5:31pm

It’s so refreshing to see people putting out such beautiful & thoughtful products!
    .-= MichelleP´s last blog ..YO Mama’s on Etsy =-.

19. Sarah commented
    February 9th, 2010 at 9:57pm

Thank you for this posting – such a nice idea for a practical and beautiful work space!!!

20. Piper commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 3:55pm

Hi Holly! Just had to say that you were spot on with this post…after I saw your great post on their furniture, the next few days I saw it pop up on other blogs :) That’s why I always stop here first – you have a knack for finding these great things :)!!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{shake it up 2010 – week 6 scoop} =-.