Lucas Allen Photography

The weather has been rubbish in most parts of America. Winter is making the northern Europeans a little mad too. I think the only ones who are truly happy at the moment are dancing on tables in Ibiza because most of us are freezing our cheeks off. And so with the cold icy streets that we fall on and the bitter to-the-bone chill that we feel… these serene visions of warmer days are for you. Thank you photographer Lucas Allen for the amazing visual inspiration that you’ve made available online via your stunning portfolio.

Lucas Allen

Lucas Allen

Lucas Allen

Do you think the Dalmatian is dreaming about Spring too?

About Lucas Allen: He began shooting professionally at the age of 21 and has been at it ever since and he’s now in his mid thirties. Australian born and raised, he currently lives in New York and has worked for a broad range of publications from Real Simple to Blueprint and Vogue in addition to various ad campaigns. His photographs have appeared in magazines worldwide… do your recognize any of these from your favorite glossies? I encourage you to view his work online, there are many images I’ve not shown here that you will most likely find inspirational.

And in regards to winter well friends, hang in there. I hear Spring begins next month, psst…pass it on…

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on February 11, 2010

1. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 5:53pm

Oh, these images are gorgeous….gorgeous. They not only make me feel spring like but, they also inspire me for my own space. That bedroom is divine….
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: turquoise =-.

2. lindsay commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 6:09pm

Love the vibrant door in the 5th photo. Makes the space.

The Dalmation is a show stopper too :)
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Speaking of Vintage. =-.

3. ashlina commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 7:19pm

i love the ‘springness’ of it all…

PERFECTION in photos…

xo
    ashlina
    .-= ashlina´s last blog ..valentines plan…romantic dining =-.

4. sarah commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 7:38pm

wow, these are actually quite stunning and full of inspiration
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Beach Cottage White Vintage Things…The Pie Safe =-.

5. Mel commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 7:58pm

LOL! And here I am rubbing my hands in glee that summer will soon be over ‘down here’, and autumn – my favourite season – will begin. :)
    (I “sugared” you today on my blog – hope that’s okay!!)

6. Queeniebee commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 8:41pm

lovely, lovely, lovely. I adore bright white interiors as the sun just bounces off every surface.
    .-= Queeniebee´s last blog ..Dim sum and then some =-.

7. trish commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 9:23pm

holly meet you in ibiza, stat. wonderful photography and your picture story put a smile on my face, as well. Dalmatians – I have never seen one sit still for more than a second. Not sure how L Allen captured that moment:)
    Thanks- for the eye candy, with a foot of snow out my window.
    .-= trish´s last blog ..Love is all you need =-.

8. casapinka commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 10:43pm

Oh, did I enjoy these on this cold winter’s day. Gorgeous. I think the dalmatian is dreaming of that pink bowl on the table across the way – that someone will make her a collar in that very color.
    .-= casapinka´s last blog ..Crocheted Hearts on Trees =-.

9. Chelsea Connolly commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 11:40pm

I love these photos! Are they apricots sitting on napkins in the first table setting photo? Ah, divine! :-)

10. Meredith commented
    February 11th, 2010 at 11:44pm

Beautiful photography. And I love the green door. And the Dalmatian. And that spring is coming soon!
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..Resolution No. 6: Homemade Sandwich Bread =-.

11. sandra commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 3:02am

I really love the mood in the pictures – and some of the furniture too, I find the “tree table” very charming:-)
    .-= sandra´s last blog ..A beautiful day =-.

12. noemozica commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 3:48am

the photos are great… but I gotta say that in Ibiza (and in Spain, I live in Barcelona), people are freezing too!! ^_^

13. decor8 commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 3:56am

Noemozica – Wow really? My friends want to go there to party next month too. I better tell them!!!

14. NATALIA commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 4:57am

I feel beautiful, I love the mixture of colors.
    To see if I can do something similar and published it.
    I follow the track!!
    Greetings from Spain!
    I love this blog …
    .-= NATALIA´s last blog ..Fieltro en Etsy, inspiración para días grises…. =-.

15. Karen commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 5:56am

The dalmation is the sweetest!! Still stinking hot here in Oz. We’ve just been to the beach for the afternoon.
    If you feel like seeing some sunshine, fun and water – drop into my blog. The pics have now been posted!
    Hope the weather improves for you soon – and have a lovely weekend!
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Boing, boing, boing …… =-.

16. Ruth commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 6:46am

At work today, the chocolate biscuits put out for morning tea in the (unairconditioned) common room had melted within quarter of an hour – kept their shape, but you just knew that they were impossible to pick up. It got to almost 40degC (Fahrenheit equivalent: too darn hot!). Here in Oz, where it’s summer, and in the sticky humidity of February, I can’t wait for autumn. Winter? please come soon.

PS I mentioned a poster I found on your blog a few days ago, on my blog – inspiration is everywhere! Thank you.
    .-= Ruth´s last blog ..USBstick/flash drive bracelet & hub (but cute) =-.

17. The Design Notebook commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 7:03am

Beautiful photos. I love the table setting on the first pic. It’s so simple but stunning. I also love the third pic with the colourful accessories and the white wooden backdrop. Just lovely!
    .-= The Design Notebook´s last blog ..Blog love: Dottie Angel =-.

18. juliette commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 10:36am

ahh, yes, it’s snowing out my window right now – AGAIN – oh well, at least if it’s got to be this cold it can at least look good, right?? love that little arrangement on the mantel. I’m having a horrible time making mine look anything decent right now…

love the picture of the outdoor dinner party set up. doggone, i’m doing that this summer, and I’m going to think about it NOW b/c it will make me feel warmer!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..3 Cozy Ways to Counter Cabin Fever =-.

19. Laurie commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 10:52am

Are dogs truly allowed on white sofas? If I had a dog I wouldn’t even let it look at a white sofa . . .Brazen I tell you!

20. Christina Diaz commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 12:24pm

Beautiful, crisp, inspiring images. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Christina Diaz´s last blog ..Riding the Bus =-.

21. Morgan Bradshaw commented
    February 12th, 2010 at 11:50pm

i am in love with the lime green door!!! what a great idea!
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..DEO Warehouse =-.

22. Valentina commented
    February 21st, 2010 at 10:54am

wow, good photographer. more, please let me say that I love so much that dreamer dalmatian and that queen’s chair! ^^,
    .-= Valentina´s last blog ..morteza zahedi =-.