Liberty of London for Target

It’s no secret that Liberty of London will collaborate with Target to roll out a limited edition line of products in Target stores beginning March 14th – the blog world has been a-buzz. I’ve been trying to find out more about the actual products as I’ve only seen few photos out there of mugs and teacups, and as luck would have it their publicist contacted me yesterday with an entire press kit and I selected my favorites and shared them over on Real Simple. Click here to view over 30 items from this special fashion and home collection.

Target

My favorites are pictured above — the ties are my absolute favorite from this collection because they look so nice at weddings in the spring and summer months and well, they’re quite preppy and being a southern girl I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for preppy boys or “snappy casual” which southern boys do so, so well — especially at weddings. I also like the candles, at least the packaging as I have no clue what they smell like… I would like maybe a few things but I don’t like to buy a lot from any single collection so if I had to choose I’d take some candles and the ties, please! Especially the yellow and gray tie with the mini cars on it. Adore!

What do you think of this collection? Be honest! Will it be a hit or miss for you? Who would you love to see work with Target on a collection, any designer come to mind? I vote for Madeline Weinrib. I’d love to see her patterns adorning Target, they have such a poor selection of rugs in my opinion and her designs would make such a difference to those of us who prefer cotton stripes and patterns in bold, modern colorways.

(images: target)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on February 23, 2010

1. Caro-lines-images commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 5:40am

I could think of buying one or two: there will probably be a patterna that anyone could like. But first, a ticket abroad to Target, please!
    .-= Caro-lines-images´s last blog ..The Art of Life =-.

2. Ruth commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 5:58am

Really nice patterns, but for me one piece would be sufficent, more of that would make me crazy!

3. Holly Hudson commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:08am

YES to rugs by Madeline Weinrib.
    I would purchase @ Target: the wellies, the flip-flops & storage bins!
    and dream about the bicycle & ties for my grown-up sons (they would NEVER
    ever wear ‘em).

HollyinVA/USA

4. Chicmotherandbaby commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:23am

Hello came across your blog from SPROUT STYLE and so glad we did :) Your site is going on our blog list “Daily Reads” We still new to blogging but so much inspiring things on your blog!

5. Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:23am

Ooh, this all looks lovely! I really wish we had Target here in Denmark!
    .-= Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker´s last blog ..Lunch time =-.

6. Brooke H commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:28am

Madeline Weinrib would be amazing at Target! For some reason though I doubt she’d do it.

I once went to a “NY Times Fashion Talk” with Donatella Versace and she went on and on about she felt it was wrong to design low end because it would not be true to her customer. She said she had been approached by everyone throughout the years. I don’t know why but I feel like MW would feel the same.
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..Retail Therapy: Love Birds? =-.

7. Brooke H commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:30am

As for the Liberty stuff I could see grabbing the umbrella and candles. Not sure about the rest of the collection.
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..Retail Therapy: Love Birds? =-.

8. Fiona commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:31am

Hi Holly,

I am an Australian who lives in the Netherlands (yes, I love HEMA too!) and sometimes get a tad frustrated that I cannot order US items in Europe. Do you know if this range of gorgeous Liberty via Target items will be able to be purchased anywhere for us European inhabitants?
    PS – Love your blog – I read it every day and it makes me smile. Haus Maus also reminds me of some of the funny encounters I have had with the Dutch. Oh, and if you ever want any HEMA items, I’d be happy to send them to you :-)
    Fiona

9. Emily commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:37am

I am loving all of these items. I like the patterns and color choices. However I could see the patterns being much for some people. It wouldn’t fit into everyone’s decor, but I know I will be taking a trip to Target very soon to pick up some of these items for myself ;).
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Just in case =-.

10. Sarah Sarniak commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:37am

These are really cool. Target comes up with the greatest stuff. I love it.
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Major Budget Decorating =-.

11. sandra commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:38am

I love the flip flops (from the link) and the bike! Is it possible to order by mail, for us not having a target in the country? Thanks for sharing.

12. decor8 commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:41am

Sandra – No, Target won’t ship outside of the U.S. but usually people run to Target and buy everything and post it on eBay selling them there (at much higher prices) and they usually ship worldwide so you can always search ebay.com mid March. Though I think it’s a terrible practice, at least those outside of the U.S. have access to the products!

13. decor8 commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:42am

Fiona – I heard that some of the items will be released in the Liberty of London store too, but that’s all I heard.

14. decor8 commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:43am

Brooke H – So true, I’ve often thought about that too.

15. andrea commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:49am

I want the pretty galoshes! We don’t have a Target and I tried to order some pretty contact paper last year only to find out that they don’t ship across the border, oh well :)
    .-= andrea´s last blog ..The Camera LOVES Ya Baby! =-.

16. Sharnel commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 7:02am

the bike and the wellies are cute.
    .-= Sharnel´s last blog ..Rainbow party inspiration =-.

17. Jennifer commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 7:14am

I love all this – I totally miss Target. We are in Switzerland and I am sending my mom to Target with a list so on her next visit she can bring be a bunch of fun stuff! I love the designs – and I agree with an above note – there is something there for everyone! Ahhh, Target. Ahhh Liberty – one of the most fab places I have been, brilliant design and a really nice tea room!

18. Beth commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 7:17am

Yes, I love these patterns and my favorites are the Bike, ties, cups, pillows! Love the floral designs. And, I love the boots too!
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Crafty Tattoos…what say you? =-.

19. megmanionsilliker commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 7:54am

love the bicycle! flower pots and canisters too. liberty of london is everywhere – they just launched with mac cosmetics too.
    .-= megmanionsilliker´s last blog ..a lime slice – [a walk in the quiet] =-.

20. Tricia McKellar commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:06am

I am SO looking forward to this! Target is close and within my budget :) Happy day! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..polaroids: day trip to the beach =-.

21. Liz's Barefoot Books commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:10am

I would LOVE it if my local Target sold that line! I would definitely buy that bike.

22. Sarah commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:27am

I have been watching out for this collection for some time and was so frustrated that I couldn’t find any good images. Thanks Holly! I love the idea of this collection and am particularly excited by the home furnishings (pillows etc).
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..HOLIDAY DREAMING… =-.

23. Valerie commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am

I’m immediately attracted to the colorful retro prints. I’ll definitely be making my way to Target to see what appeals to me when this collection comes out. The designer collections at Target often pique my interest, but don’t always live up to the hype – it’s always a wait and see. I have to see the pieces in person.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..This week I feel… like breathing =-.

24. Harper commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:46am

I have March 14th written down on my calendar – I can’t wait to head to Target and buy those rain boots, umbrella, and maybe a throw pillow. I love the bicycle too, but I’m sure that will probably be expensive. Thanks for passsing along those images!
    .-= Harper´s last blog ..Photographing: Sarah L =-.

25. Mariss commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:12am

Good call on Madeline Weinrib. Her patterns and colors would be a fantastic match. I’d love a rug, at a Tar-jay price.
    .-= Mariss´s last blog ..Pink + Purple Endless Knitting =-.

26. Rochelle commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:15am

the liberty store is the one of the places I miss most about living in london….I simply can’t wait for the collection to arrive. I love those canisters so much that I am going to have to get over my ‘nothing on the kitchen counters’ obsession.
    .-= Rochelle´s last blog ..50 Natives: Iowa: Diospyros virginiana – American Persimmon =-.

27. Jody commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:18am

i think it is lovely. a burst of spring we all need after such a harsh winter. and with target prices, it’s easy and fun.

28. Shruti commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:46am

Pots, umbrellas and wellies for me. I heart Target and heart that they carry such cool designs at affordable prices. Agree with you that they have a poor selection of rugs and carpets (and sometimes shower curtains too).

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be on the look out come Mar 14th.
    .-= Shruti´s last blog ..Longing for an Umbrella =-.

29. rachel loves peace commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:02am

oh my goodness i want it all!!!! i love target more and more each day. i havent seen anything about this surprisingly yet. thanks for posting, even though my piggy bank will be sad.
    peace & love!
    .-= rachel loves peace´s last blog ..oh baby baby it’s a wild world =-.

30. Cynthia commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:50am

Oh i think it is lovely all so lovely, but in my conservative MN. City. It will all be on the clearance. But, Hey more for me than for sure!!!!!!!!!
    .-= Cynthia ´s last blog ..yellow + green= happy. =-.

31. Lauryn commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:59am

Oh it’s all so wonderful, I’m going to have to get up early and fight off all the throngs of people in my town to get me some before I’m forced to pay ridiculous prices on ebay. I’m pretty sure those rain boots are the cutest I’ve ever seen.
    .-= Lauryn´s last blog ..Rest in Peace, My Friend =-.

32. Shanon commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:34am

I love this line! I left my comment about which pieces in particular on your Real Simple post. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{holgas} =-.

33. Ani commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:35am

I vowed not to buy another thing because I already have too much and need to move in a couple of years. But this? This will be really hard to resist because I LOVE Liberty of London! Thanks for featuring this gorgeous stuff.
    .-= Ani ´s last blog ..Monday Gallery =-.

34. Kendra commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:41am

I’ve been a longtime Liberty fan, but the collection is a bit of a miss for me. Don’t get me wrong – I love the prints, but I think they could have been a bit more inventive with the line. Like you, I’m digging the ties, but I would have liked to see the prints on some nice jersey spring dresses (since Liberty prints almost exclusively on cotton) or wrapped around a teapot – something a little different. That said, I would absolutely pick up the stationary and pillows. Ahhh, Liberty…so beautiful.

-Kendra

35. eileen commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 12:15pm

It’s a hit! I can hardly wait! I will be at Target that day hovering over every person in a red shirt, begging them to stock the aisles with Liberty prints. Cat food? Who needs cat food – it’s spring, they can catch wildlife if they’re hungry! Laundry detergent? Who needs it? I’m buying everything new in Liberty prints. My March Target budget is definitely going to be misappropriated and spent on this line, even if it means eating soup made from ketchup packets snagged from the snack bar!

36. Sarah commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:06pm

I think stuff like the serving trays and dishwares, flip flops, the bike and the boxes are a miss in my eyes. I feel like they made those because those types of items attract the typical Target shopper. But everything else I like. I think the candles, ties, pillows, lamp, and flower pots are great. Things always look better in person so I’m sure I’ll head over to check out everything.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Getting your fashion ready for spring =-.

37. Piper commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:20pm

OMG, that would be a dream come true for me if target would offer Madeline Weinrib rugs. I’ve been in love with her designs but can’t afford the steep price tag! And boy you said it…target’s rugs really leave something to be desired which is surprising. I have to say I’m looking forward to the Liberty items. They’re so fun and colorful!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{fleabags} =-.

38. Rachel commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:20pm

I think this stuff will be a hit!!! The only thing I’m not too sure about is the ties for men…. but I have grown up with some pretty manly men. U.S. Marine Corps… so… with that said…. I know I will be at Target buying a few of these things for myself and my home!!! Yay! Target!!! Eileen… your comment is funny!! Cat food? It’s spring, they can catch wildlife!!! ha ha ha. Love it!!!

39. Brenda commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:27pm

I love the pillows, candles, the quaint bicycle, umbrella and the boots are delightful. I have the good fortune of living within a sea of Targets here in Minneapolis.

About a month ago my local Target tried selling Ed Hardy bags for $89 US. Since I had just been abroad and shop outlet stores these seemed outrageously priced to me. I am sure they flew out of the store anyway since Ed Hardy is so popular here.

I have never heard of Liberty of London, but the designs seem fresh and hopeful while I am still in the blahs of winters. If nothing else, they will get snapped up for a touch of brightness. As hip and trendy as Target is, I wouldn’t want to see my man wearing one of those ties at all. But if it were on a sexier cut ladies t-shirt, swimsuit, sundress or shorts…I’m in.

40. Annie commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:30pm

Oh the flip-flops are so cute, and love the flower pots – very pretty :)
    .-= Annie´s last blog ..What font are you? =-.

41. Leslie H. commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:31pm

Holly, I am so afraid of going into Target when this line comes out. I’m afraid I’ll go crazy and buy EVERYTHING!
    .-= Leslie H.´s last blog ..Billy Reid =-.

42. beth cupitt commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:41pm

i’m digging the lamps, canisters, and storage boxes ALOT! i love cute storage.
    .-= beth cupitt´s last blog ..abby let me take some pics too. =-.

43. Jaime commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 2:41pm

Love the candles and pillows! Going to see more! :)
    .-= Jaime´s last blog ..I want to be there, be her. =-.

44. The Muddy Dog commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 3:00pm

I feel a shopping spree coming on!!!

45. Sadie W commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 3:04pm

I could see myself riding the bicycle one of the various pairs of flip flops! :) I’ll definitely be checking them out when they hit stores!

46. Rosemary Olson commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 3:11pm

I want it all so I am hoping it is NOT a success…so I can get my hands on all of it for me!

47. Paulette commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:10pm

I’m already in love . . .the only way I’d be disappointed is if I couldn’t find something in a colorway that works with what I already have. I’m thinking the pillows would be the perfect spruce up for spring, and I confess to being extremely tempted by the bicycle.

48. Caroline commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:35pm

Those flowerpots are so amazing!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Throwback to the Early ’80s =-.

49. Cherish commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 1:27am

I don’t know how you manage to post everything that I love…but you do! Perfect!

50. Sonja Barrett commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 6:19am

Ahh, I’m so jealous. Target here in Australia isn’t nearly as great as Target in the States. I drool when I look at the US website. I’ll have to stock up on things when I go back home to the States this year for Thanksgiving.

cheers!
    Sonja
    .-= Sonja Barrett´s last blog ..More time to do nothing =-.

51. Laurie commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 10:10am

I’m loving the bicycle and the platters. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..new on my wishlist! Liberty of London @ Target =-.

52. SuzyQ commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 2:29pm

THANK YOU! I’ve been trying to find a better selection of these products to view. Some days, it’s like the blogosphere is my personal fairy godmother… Thanks for being a part of that ;)

53. Amanda commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 3:34pm

It’s a hit for me. My grandma left me lots of this kind of retro pattern items so I get excited. Likely to get the storage boxes and lampshade for the office since that is where the current 70’s flower power lives in my home. My grandma would be happy to see the 70’s patterns flurish like they are.

Cheers!

54. Jennifer Norman commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 8:34pm

so Holly, I’m in your BYW class and I just thought I’d let you know that I work for the company that did all the stationery products for the Liberty in Target roll out. I have seen all the pieces and I’ll tell you, they are amazing. I want every piece of it, however, we only have samples and I can’t even get any of it myself until it hits the shelves at Target.

55. martha brown commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 9:08pm

I’m in Toronto — but I plan to travel to the US on a mini buying spree at Target during the week of the launch! I’ll likely buy some bedding — I’m hoping for a teapot — and I love the melamine dishes (so pretty for a picnic). the boots are pretty too — and I’ll definitely buy my (Brit) hubby a tie! Now I’m getting stressed that there won’t be anything left. lol!

56. Camilla {camillajo} commented
    February 26th, 2010 at 2:00pm

Love the cups/bowls (not sure what they are!)…a nice, smaller use of super cute pattern!

Madeline Weinrib would be amazing! I’m obsessed with chevron right now!

57. katrina commented
    March 3rd, 2010 at 12:30am

I’m absolutely in love with the bike. I don’t live in the U.S., but I’m taking a trip there specifically for the bike. It’s beautiful. : ) Actually, it’s all fantastic!.

58. kristi commented
    March 6th, 2010 at 12:32pm

I bought my girls two bathing suits yesterday — I don’t know why they were already in the store — and they are ADORABLE. And totally well-made. Completely lined and just darling.

I can’t wait to see the rest.

59. Amy P. commented
    March 7th, 2010 at 8:52pm

The Indianapolis Star had a little blurb on the Liberty for Target line today in their Sunday entertainment and society section. I saw a couple of tops that were really cute. I love the ties and the canisters!

60. Melanie commented
    March 9th, 2010 at 2:43am

I cannot wait for this line to hit Target! Looking forward to grabbing some pretties for my little girl and myself and maybe an umbrella while I’m at it!

61. Joni commented
    March 15th, 2010 at 1:59pm

I love the Liberty line, but I will probably only buy one or two pieces. I am disappointed that EVERY dress and top they produced for women is sleeveless.

I would love to see Alexander Henry prints on some dishes, etc. Or Michael Miller.

62. rachael commented
    March 16th, 2010 at 4:42pm

i was also disappointed about everything being sleeveless…i actually thought mostly everything was mediocre…except for their lingerie/nightgowns!! absolutely beautiful. and the men’s shirts and ties were lovely too…even though my husband was like “hell no, i’m not wearing that!” :)

63. Paula Baker commented
    March 18th, 2010 at 6:45pm

I also was disappointed about the blouses being sleeveless and the dresses being sundresses. Why don’t they have anything for women who weigh more than 120 pounds and are of a “certain age?.” We are the ones who would really cherish a clothing item made in a Liberty’s pattern.

Paula

64. Caroline commented
    March 19th, 2010 at 2:23am

Wonderful things on the website and lots of things were out-of-stock and also not shipping to Sweden. TG for Ebay!
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Spring forgot Malmö =-.

65. Bobbi commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 8:09pm

Hello Ladies,

I realize this post is old, but just wanted to let everyone know that I have both the Liberty of London and Missoni bikes for sale right now on eBay. Thanks! :)

~Bobbi

66. mini moto commented
    December 19th, 2011 at 10:30pm

Great styling! I realize this post is old too but such a pleasure to read.