Home Tours, Rooms

Snug Studio: Hannover

February 23, 2010

Ready to be inspired? I’m excited to present another shared workspace between two fantastic designers who happen to live and work in Hannover, Germany. Yesterday I presented the atelier of Sidsel and Line in Denmark and to continue in the spirit of shared paths we’ll visit Snug studio which happens to be in my neighborhood so I visit this space regularly. Snug studio is part showroom, part office and part workspace and is a collaboration between Interior Designer Kerstin Reilemann from Domestic Candy and Architect Berit Luedecke that recently opened in December 2009. (You may remember Kerstin, I shared her home in my column over at Cookie magazine last year.)

Snug Studio: Hannover

This lovely space is open daily and will soon be open 24/7 as they will launch a web shop here on March 1st (bookmark this link!). Don’t worry, I’ll post a reminder on decor8 when the time comes so you can pick out some goodies for yourself. If you cannot wait until March 1, some of these products are sold under the Domestic Candy label over in Kerstin’s DaWanda shop online.

Snug Studio: Hannover

Kerstin and Berit decided to launch Snug together because their design sensibilities are very similar, they like to experiment with turning old things into new ones in addition to creating their own designs — and both enjoy clean, modern lines with a nod to their German heritage. Only their products, mostly handmade from wood, have a bit of a twist – they’ve incorporated elements of traditional and modern Dutch and Swedish design along with traditional German items. I enjoy seeing their unique translation of what German, Dutch and Swedish design looks like combined, at least through their eyes — it’s a fresh and beautiful interpretation.

Snug Studio: Hannover

Snug Studio: Hannover

Snug Studio: Hannover

Snug Studio: Hannover

Snug Studio: Hannover

From ceramic candle holders inspired by traditional cake molds, pendant lights created from vintage porcelain coffee filters, and a wooden bench made using recycled chair backs with new, modern seating surfaces, Snug is a design studio with a fresh approach. Their shop is a place to buy something beautiful or to simply visit for a little inspiration, walking away with new ideas of your own. I’m so happy to have Berit and Kerstin and their beautiful Snug studio in Hannover!

(images: snug studio, hannover)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tricia McKellar February 23, 2010 at 8:04 am

I love plates on the wall and those blue & whites are dreamy! How do you hang plates without the hangers that have sort-of “claws” that you see at the top and bottom of the plate? Or am I just not seeing the hanger in the photo? Thanks! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..polaroids: day trip to the beach =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson February 23, 2010 at 8:17 am

These photographs are absolutely amazing, and I checked over to Cookie–that house, oh that house.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..inspirational prints and posters-my top 10 =-.

• Reply ThiliBlooms February 23, 2010 at 8:43 am

I love the little ceramic thing to water the flowers! So beautiful!
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog ..DSC08254 [Flickr] =-.

• Reply Virginia February 23, 2010 at 8:44 am

Gorgeous shop. A shop that I would consider seing in Berlin only. Will stop by next time I am in Hannover :) Great post, Holly!

• Reply moline February 23, 2010 at 9:21 am

Looks like a lovely shop! Hannover rocks!
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Busy sewing, cutting, arranging, glueing and partying =-.

• Reply decor8 February 23, 2010 at 10:44 am

Moline – Ha ha, well we try to rock. But it’s hard because people can be oh so very traditional and against change here. Thank goodness all of us who are not that way are starting to find each other and pool together. :)

• Reply Kristin February 23, 2010 at 9:47 am

I love love love those red light bulb pendants.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..welcome to my home =-.

• Reply Frau Mayer February 23, 2010 at 10:01 am

Oh, that’s he place next to Carrots and Coffee (btw, have you seen that cafe on the other side of the street, next to Lulu? They have a zillion of your bathroom pendants! :)
    The first thing that came into my mind was: lovely floor! Next one: AND a lovely wall!
    From what I saw from outside, the place looked a bit empty but I’m sure it’s going to change with the growing number of fans. It certainly is very stylish!
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..Real Living – an extra copy for sale plus new arrivals =-.

• Reply decor8 February 23, 2010 at 10:43 am

Frau mayer – I know! That is Tulipano! They totally do, it’s a riot.

• Reply laura trevey February 23, 2010 at 10:14 am

Oh my… I love that fun garland!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Home Renovation: Siding and Framing =-.

• Reply LD February 23, 2010 at 11:06 am

Oooh, I love the collection of blue-and-white dishes on the wall! So pretty. Thanks for sharing this little piece of Hannover today!

• Reply Nuit February 23, 2010 at 11:18 am

wow! I love it!!! I’d love to go there… I die for that banner inspired by vintage plates… and the lovely colors they’ve used. It’s too good!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..A stylist to love… =-.

• Reply Sandy February 23, 2010 at 11:29 am

I really love the white tree and branches that doubles as a visual element and a functional place to hang pictures!

• Reply Tania February 23, 2010 at 11:40 am

I’m sitting here with my heart pumping, palms sweating, completely salivating over this GORGEOUS shop!!!! I cannot wait til their webshop opens! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Tania :)
    .-= Tania´s last blog ..New Exhibition… =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 23, 2010 at 11:45 am

Oh…how inspiring. I love their products & am looking forward to their online shop opening! Thanks for this hun….just beautiful( I especially love their garland inspired by the plates)
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by a photograph =-.

• Reply Shanon February 23, 2010 at 11:46 am

Thanks for sharing them with us Holly! They have created a space that is admirable and inspiration. Just lovely.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{holgas} =-.

• Reply small sweet steps February 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm

So clean…. very inspiring.
    .-= small sweet steps´s last blog ..New Work =-.

• Reply Lina February 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Oh I love Snug!

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter February 23, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Proprietors like these have really helped me see how much of what we discard can be repurposed into fun, clever uses of the old.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Cocktails & Creatives {Screening of Handmade Nation, NYC} =-.

• Reply anna shoub February 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm

All so soft and pretty. Best of all, though is the view out the window.
    .-= anna shoub´s last blog ..Spring is Coming =-.

• Reply my spatula February 23, 2010 at 1:32 pm

whoa! falling out of my chair type gorgeous!

• Reply Mausumi February 23, 2010 at 2:55 pm

As yesterday, this is really inspiring! I love the colors in these pictures. And the vintage plates garland is just genius!
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Flickr Favorites =-.

• Reply thedoodlegirl February 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I am in love with that banner! And the cups as lights?! AMaZing.
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Illustration Friday =-.

• Reply Beth February 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Absolutely gorgeous…can’t wait for their online shop! You’re so lucky to have such a creative team & shop for your enjoyment. Thanks for sharing them with all of us! Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Crafty Tattoos…what say you? =-.

• Reply Renee February 23, 2010 at 6:57 pm

i love all the lighting!! so creative!
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Recent Project: Rolling Racks for Blush =-.

• Reply Cookie Cutter February 23, 2010 at 9:16 pm

I love the lightings! They’re so fun and witty!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Packaging Love – Allison Newhouse =-.

• Reply Diana February 24, 2010 at 12:43 am

Oh wow! Modern and cozy :)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..PolaroidArt – Paris Project! =-.

• Reply Tina February 24, 2010 at 12:52 am

I think I just fell in love with their studio. I think next time we are in Germany we need to make a stop in Hannover.

• Reply molly February 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Wonderful Aesthetic! The clean white lines and straight forward cut-out shapes feel so fresh, like Spring. Looking forward to Snug’s shop debut. Thanks for posting their goodies!

• Reply Gosia Maj February 27, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Oh, those red rope pendants are making me weak at the knees. Can’t wait for the shop to open.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Small Seeded Breads =-.