Snug Studio: Hannover

Ready to be inspired? I’m excited to present another shared workspace between two fantastic designers who happen to live and work in Hannover, Germany. Yesterday I presented the atelier of Sidsel and Line in Denmark and to continue in the spirit of shared paths we’ll visit Snug studio which happens to be in my neighborhood so I visit this space regularly. Snug studio is part showroom, part office and part workspace and is a collaboration between Interior Designer Kerstin Reilemann from Domestic Candy and Architect Berit Luedecke that recently opened in December 2009. (You may remember Kerstin, I shared her home in my column over at Cookie magazine last year.)

Snug Hannover

This lovely space is open daily and will soon be open 24/7 as they will launch a web shop here on March 1st (bookmark this link!). Don’t worry, I’ll post a reminder on decor8 when the time comes so you can pick out some goodies for yourself. If you cannot wait until March 1, some of these products are sold under the Domestic Candy label over in Kerstin’s DaWanda shop online.

Snug in Hannover

Kerstin and Berit decided to launch Snug together because their design sensibilities are very similar, they like to experiment with turning old things into new ones in addition to creating their own designs — and both enjoy clean, modern lines with a nod to their German heritage. Only their products, mostly handmade from wood, have a bit of a twist – they’ve incorporated elements of traditional and modern Dutch and Swedish design along with traditional German items. I enjoy seeing their unique translation of what German, Dutch and Swedish design looks like combined, at least through their eyes — it’s a fresh and beautiful interpretation.

Snug in Hannover

Snug in Hannover

Snug in Hannover

Snug in Hannover

Snug in Hannover

From ceramic candle holders inspired by traditional cake molds, pendant lights created from vintage porcelain coffee filters, and a wooden bench made using recycled chair backs with new, modern seating surfaces, Snug is a design studio with a fresh approach. Their shop is a place to buy something beautiful or to simply visit for a little inspiration, walking away with new ideas of your own. I’m so happy to have Berit and Kerstin and their beautiful Snug studio in Hannover!

(images: snug studio, hannover)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours, workspace on February 23, 2010

1. Tricia McKellar commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:04am

I love plates on the wall and those blue & whites are dreamy! How do you hang plates without the hangers that have sort-of “claws” that you see at the top and bottom of the plate? Or am I just not seeing the hanger in the photo? Thanks! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..polaroids: day trip to the beach =-.

2. Katie Stephenson commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:17am

These photographs are absolutely amazing, and I checked over to Cookie–that house, oh that house.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..inspirational prints and posters-my top 10 =-.

3. ThiliBlooms commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:43am

I love the little ceramic thing to water the flowers! So beautiful!
    .-= ThiliBlooms´s last blog ..DSC08254 [Flickr] =-.

4. Virginia commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am

Gorgeous shop. A shop that I would consider seing in Berlin only. Will stop by next time I am in Hannover :) Great post, Holly!

5. moline commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:21am

Looks like a lovely shop! Hannover rocks!
    Yvonne
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Busy sewing, cutting, arranging, glueing and partying =-.

6. Kristin commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:47am

I love love love those red light bulb pendants.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..welcome to my home =-.

7. Frau Mayer commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:01am

Oh, that’s he place next to Carrots and Coffee (btw, have you seen that cafe on the other side of the street, next to Lulu? They have a zillion of your bathroom pendants! :)
    The first thing that came into my mind was: lovely floor! Next one: AND a lovely wall!
    From what I saw from outside, the place looked a bit empty but I’m sure it’s going to change with the growing number of fans. It certainly is very stylish!
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..Real Living – an extra copy for sale plus new arrivals =-.

8. laura trevey commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:14am

Oh my… I love that fun garland!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Home Renovation: Siding and Framing =-.

9. decor8 commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:43am

Frau mayer – I know! That is Tulipano! They totally do, it’s a riot.

10. decor8 commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 10:44am

Moline – Ha ha, well we try to rock. But it’s hard because people can be oh so very traditional and against change here. Thank goodness all of us who are not that way are starting to find each other and pool together. :)

11. LD commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:06am

Oooh, I love the collection of blue-and-white dishes on the wall! So pretty. Thanks for sharing this little piece of Hannover today!

12. Nuit commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:18am

wow! I love it!!! I’d love to go there… I die for that banner inspired by vintage plates… and the lovely colors they’ve used. It’s too good!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..A stylist to love… =-.

13. Sandy commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:29am

I really love the white tree and branches that doubles as a visual element and a functional place to hang pictures!

14. Tania commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:40am

I’m sitting here with my heart pumping, palms sweating, completely salivating over this GORGEOUS shop!!!! I cannot wait til their webshop opens! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Tania :)
    .-= Tania´s last blog ..New Exhibition… =-.

15. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:45am

Oh…how inspiring. I love their products & am looking forward to their online shop opening! Thanks for this hun….just beautiful( I especially love their garland inspired by the plates)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by a photograph =-.

16. Shanon commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 11:46am

Thanks for sharing them with us Holly! They have created a space that is admirable and inspiration. Just lovely.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..{holgas} =-.

17. small sweet steps commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 12:41pm

So clean…. very inspiring.
    .-= small sweet steps´s last blog ..New Work =-.

18. Lina commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 12:51pm

Oh I love Snug!

Lina

19. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:11pm

Proprietors like these have really helped me see how much of what we discard can be repurposed into fun, clever uses of the old.
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Cocktails & Creatives {Screening of Handmade Nation, NYC} =-.

20. anna shoub commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:22pm

All so soft and pretty. Best of all, though is the view out the window.
    .-= anna shoub´s last blog ..Spring is Coming =-.

21. my spatula commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 1:32pm

whoa! falling out of my chair type gorgeous!

22. Mausumi commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 2:55pm

As yesterday, this is really inspiring! I love the colors in these pictures. And the vintage plates garland is just genius!
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Flickr Favorites =-.

23. thedoodlegirl commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 5:58pm

I am in love with that banner! And the cups as lights?! AMaZing.
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Illustration Friday =-.

24. Beth commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 5:58pm

Absolutely gorgeous…can’t wait for their online shop! You’re so lucky to have such a creative team & shop for your enjoyment. Thanks for sharing them with all of us! Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Crafty Tattoos…what say you? =-.

25. Renee commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 6:57pm

i love all the lighting!! so creative!
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Recent Project: Rolling Racks for Blush =-.

26. Cookie Cutter commented
    February 23rd, 2010 at 9:16pm

I love the lightings! They’re so fun and witty!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Packaging Love – Allison Newhouse =-.

27. Diana commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 12:43am

Oh wow! Modern and cozy :)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..PolaroidArt – Paris Project! =-.

28. Tina commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 12:52am

I think I just fell in love with their studio. I think next time we are in Germany we need to make a stop in Hannover.

29. molly commented
    February 24th, 2010 at 12:30pm

Wonderful Aesthetic! The clean white lines and straight forward cut-out shapes feel so fresh, like Spring. Looking forward to Snug’s shop debut. Thanks for posting their goodies!

Molly

30. Gosia Maj commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 11:51pm

Oh, those red rope pendants are making me weak at the knees. Can’t wait for the shop to open.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Small Seeded Breads =-.