H&M Home and Julie Verhoeven

February 25, 2010

I’m the first to admit that this collection is geared more towards girls about 10 years younger than me (grin), I still like these colorful things from H&M Home that just released bearing the cheerful, sensual illustrative works of fashion illustrator, artist and teacher Julie Verhoeven.

H&M Home and Julie Verhoeven

I think I’ll pick up a tote because I can use it for groceries and the weekly farmers’ market. My current cloth bags that I bring to the grocery store are a bit boring and standard so these totes from Julie Verhoeven for H&M Home just may do the trick since they are so light and perfectly sized.

What kind of bags do you bring to the grocery store anyway? Cute? Boring? Admit it if yours have stains and holes, no one will judge! :)

(images: H&M Europe)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Will February 25, 2010 at 8:16 am

The bedding is beautiful! Does anyone know if they will ship to the UK, or have plans to stock H&M Home product in the UK?
    .-= Will´s last blog ..{Holly Jolliffe photography} =-.

• Reply Jeni February 25, 2010 at 8:17 am

That tote is really cute!

I use Flip & Tumble Bags. I’ve been using them for 2 or 3 years and they are fantastic! They are colorful and I never forget them because I can keep 2 or 3 in my purse all the time! http://www.flipandtumble.com
    .-= Jeni´s last blog ..Flickr Favorites =-.

• Reply Claire Quilter February 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

What fun bags! I think my argula and asparagus would be very happy in them.

I currently have a set of Envirosax that I love. They fold up into the teeniest balls, so I can three or four around in my purse all the time.

• Reply Yasmine February 25, 2010 at 8:28 am

Love the bag! I have to admit that my grocery bags are from all over the place, mostly received as a gift from stores, reusable and very sturdy but with logos etc.
    .-= Yasmine´s last blog ..Playing in the Dirt =-.

• Reply laura trevey February 25, 2010 at 8:29 am

I think I need those fabulous pillows!!

• Reply Frau Mayer February 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

A large Deuter rucksack + some extra plastic bags (we try to recycle them so I make sure there are enough in both cars – mine and my boyfriend’s). I really try NOT to buy any new ones – and it seems to be working!
    .-= Frau Mayer´s last blog ..Real Living – an extra copy for sale plus new arrivals =-.

• Reply lisa h. February 25, 2010 at 9:11 am

Is that a toaster on the bed cover?

For groceries, I have an assortment of boring bags with various logos and whatnot. Bags that I won’t feel bad about if they get wrecked.

I’m not a handbag sort of gal, I’ve always preferred using simple cloth book totes (or similar) to hold all the things I need when I’m going out and about for the day – wallet, hairbrush, book to read, etc.
    .-= lisa h.´s last blog ..Making it mine: canvas shopping bag =-.

• Reply Angie February 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

Mine are looking a bit rough, but that’s from use so… good, right? I keep the small folded ones in my purse for after work stops at the market or drug store and take the bigger ones when I head out for major shopping, farmers market, etc….. I live in NYC with no car so I can only bring home so much at a time!

• Reply Jeannette February 25, 2010 at 9:27 am

Without a car to store multiple bags or baskets, I always carry a Reisenthel mini maxi shopper with me. They are really sturdy, compared to the cheap ones from Rossmann (German drugstore) I used before, and come in many nice patterns. Have a look here: http://www.reisenthel.com

• Reply Sarah February 25, 2010 at 9:38 am

H&M has a Home line???!!! American’s miss out on all the good stuff. Do they offer/ship any of their products to the States?
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Getting your fashion ready for spring =-.

• Reply Jenny February 25, 2010 at 9:47 am

I just bought one from hm with a cute rabbit and a lady with a red bow on her dress, it makes grocery shopping more fun :) and it was eco friendly too.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Breakfast. =-.

• Reply Ana February 25, 2010 at 10:03 am

My groceries back was bought in a sports magestore called Decathlon – I know that they’re around Europe but not sure wher. It’s great because is has a plastic ball where you keep it when you don’t used it and holds tons of stuff! and it’s portable enough to be carried in your bag.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..Blogging Your Way e-course – Week 3 =-.

• Reply Abigail February 25, 2010 at 10:05 am

I love RuMe and Envirosax–so convenient and easy to remember!

• Reply Sandy February 25, 2010 at 10:10 am

H&M is awesome, I’ve always loved that store and now I love it even more. I didn’t think that was possible!

• Reply Siobhán February 25, 2010 at 10:49 am

I’m with you Holly, have lots of ugly cloth bags for my shopping but have had my eye on this for some time now:

I like H&M’s home products – they have a lovely range of cushion covers and throws.

• Reply adesignaffair February 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

LOVE! Wish we had a home store in NYC

• Reply Bobbi February 25, 2010 at 11:12 am

I keep meaning to sew myself some beautiful bags, but instead my grocery bags are the really boring, ugly gimme bags that my husband picks up at business marketing events. Shopping with that H&M Home bag would be wonderful!
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..A murder of crows and some blue sky =-.

• Reply Katherine February 25, 2010 at 11:42 am

I will give another shout out to Envirosax…they pretty much rock! I bought my set a couple of years ago & use them every weekend (and even for non-grocery goods at times) and the originals are still holding strong! They hold alot & the material makes them so easy to clean without having to actually wash them.

I highly, highly recommend them…I even buy them as gifts cause they’re so fun, functional & fashionable. And no, I do not work for them nor am I affiliated with them in any way…just a die hard fan! ;-)
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..is there a point? =-.

• Reply mariah February 25, 2010 at 11:55 am

I admit, I carry the funniest trio of bags to the market! I have a smallish one made in Kenya, gorgeous geometric african print in black and white, then I have a typical white and blue canvas one similair to LL Bean, and then a plain ugly purple one just purely for its size…I think all things should be beautiful and interesting and speak to one’s favorite color or imagination…no matter what their function. I guess sometimes there’s that free or cheap item that ends up in one’s collection that isnt attractive in any way…oh well!
    .-= mariah´s last blog ..the first snow =-.

• Reply Arabella February 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I use that design classic (hah!) from Wholefoods – the ‘I Used To Be A Plastic Bottle’ bag. Trouble is, it appears to be indestructible……
    .-= Arabella´s last blog ..My Other Blog =-.

• Reply Stacey February 25, 2010 at 12:32 pm

I put my groceries in big bags made of recycled plastic, which have pictures of fruits and veggies all over them. Although for the times when I stop by the store on a whim, I carry a cloth bag in my purse at all times.
    .-= Stacey´s last blog ..I promise I don’t smoke pot =-.

• Reply Lili February 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I’m currently using a turquoise packable tote that comes in a pouch from a chain supermarket in Hong Kong called city’super. I love that it folds up to the size of my wallet so I can throw it in any purse I carry in the event that I stop at the grocery store before I go home.
    .-= Lili´s last blog ..found photographer: elena kalis =-.

• Reply Sara February 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I use these really fun bags called Baggus for my groceries. They’re lightweight and they fold up into a little pouch so they always feel organized. Plus, they have tons of fun colors!

.-= Sara´s last blog ..Blue House =-.

• Reply Emily February 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Remembering them is the key…I remember about half the time, which is OK since we use the plastic bags for dog walking.

But I went on a bit of a grocery sack kick last year. I have one from Old Navy, canvas, that says Plant Flowers. It’s cute, but so wrinkly after being washed – and really, who has time to iron grocery sacks?

I also have a couple of Dimpa bags from IKEA, plus an Envirosax with a nice leaf print and one of the foldable Orla Kiely bags from Target last year – small, but great for fruits and vegetables you don’t want to get bruised with the rest.
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Boots? Really? =-.

• Reply Ele February 25, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I love those bags! Mine are a bit of a mix: a few foldable Envirosax (practical but very, very ugly), and a large one from Marks & Spencer with an illustration of supermodel Erin O’Connor on it. I carry my favourite cloth bag in my purse, for when I’m out and about and need to pick something up. It’s from the V&A gift shop and has a pattern of little garment pattern pieces! It’s years old now, but I’m always getting stopped and asked about it.
    .-= Ele´s last blog ..A packet of escape: Curried Parsnip and Potato Pasties =-.

• Reply Traveling Mama February 25, 2010 at 7:23 pm

These are so cute! I just found some of the cutest vintage fabrics and was thinking about making my own bags for the grocery store. I know I will get plenty of use out of them in Denmark and I have to justify my recent obsession with vintage fabrics… I’m running out of beds to make quilts for! LOL!
    .-= Traveling Mama´s last blog ..birthdays {rock} =-.

• Reply Penny Patten February 26, 2010 at 10:59 am

Oh I just love the bag and bedding! Thank You for sharing.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..From Inspiration Photo’s, I Altered this Skirt =-.

• Reply Julia February 26, 2010 at 11:11 am

Ha! Totally agree with you about being too old for this stuff, but I ordered the bag yesterday. ;)

• Reply Jonathan February 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I have the usual standard reuseable bags that I’ve purchased at various stores in town.

But, I also have a small collection of 4 bags that cannot be bought in this town. I got them during my travels. I have two same ones from an Inuit area of Canada when I was there a few years ago and two different ones from Hong Kong when I was there last March. I may continuing doing this in my future travels.

It’s nice being reminded of my time away from home whenever I use these “exotic” bags.

• Reply Amylee February 26, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I love colors and illustrations of the pillows !

• Reply hena tayeb February 26, 2010 at 7:52 pm

great bag.. but i love love love these pillows..
    .-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..The Week in Review.. =-.

• Reply Lisa February 27, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Love the colors and freshness! Makes me want to ripe apart my house and start fresh for Spring!

• Reply Kim February 27, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I carry an Envirosax in my handbag and have 4 IKEA flat-bottomed bags made of some type of woven plastic material in my car.

• Reply Mapiurka March 4, 2010 at 3:57 pm

• Reply faraway March 5, 2010 at 6:45 am

So colorfull, so nice !
    I really like the idea of paintings on cushions !

• Reply Aida April 12, 2010 at 9:51 am

Are these still available in the stores?

• Reply Seitz Roxy May 14, 2010 at 8:23 am

I always carry some Envirosax with me. it is so useful and fashionable… I own an Ikea Envirosax. Sooo Pretty.