Make Your Weekend Great!

How are you doing? Is everything well today? Before I sign out for the weekend I thought I’d share some inspiration from the pages of Country Living magazine because I’m in a country sort of mood lately… Spring and Autumn are the two seasons when I feel most like staying in a stone cottage for a few months to do nothing but cook, pick wildflowers, take photos, and play board games with my friends and family.

Country Living

I’m looking forward to the weekend because I have a lot to do but the projects are all fun and inspiring so it will be nice. One project is that I’m working on some art journals for a book that I’ll be contributing to that is about art journals and inspirational handmade books. I’ll tell you more about it in the months ahead.

Country Living

I’m also busy with a group of designers that I’ve corralled to launch a really fun (and important) project that I was determined to begin once I relocated here and it feels SO GOOD to be working on a long-term dream and goal that I’ve had. Once I can discuss it freely with you, I certainly will because I think that the project will inspire you, too.

Country Living

In addition, the final week of the Blogging Your Way e-course that I am teaching alongside Leslie Shewring is next week and the last week of class is always difficult to wrap up because I do not like to bid farewell to my students. I’ve been working so closely with a class of over 200 students that I feel connected and close to them now, and I’m quite involved and invested in their plans as they’ve shared so much over the past 6 weeks. It’s been a really nice path that we’ve all traveled together.

Country Living

And how are you doing and what is new with you? I wish you all a fantastic weekend and I’ll meet you back here on Monday with more good things to share. Make your weekend a good one!

(images: country living magazine – visit their website for more beautiful homes.)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on February 27, 2010

1. ClaraAnne commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 7:05am

All the images speak of pastel perfection! Yes, it seems like I need to tuck away a little more time for art projects as well.
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    .-= ClaraAnne´s last blog ..In the Mood for…quiet extravagance =-.

2. charity commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 7:29am

Love the photos -espacially that one in classic and fresh with the large scale wallpaper! I would love to know if you are doing another blogging class.

3. Frenchee le Trip commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 8:08am

Bon weekend to you too! Ooo what a daring idea to think it is Spring already. I don’t allow that myself the thought for another few weeks. Love your images – especially the picture with the cutting boards on the kitchen wall. Great and easy idea. This weekend I will go to a yoga class held at a vineyard in Provence! Wow, neat to be able to write that!

4. Zaira commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 8:34am

Love Country Living, they make me want living in a cozy cottage in the middle of nowhere in the English country….
    Hugs from Italy,
    Zaira

5. laura trevey commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 9:44am

Gorgeous images via Country Living! I have lots of fun things planned today… picking out paint colors, flooring, etc! Happy Weekend ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Happy Weekend =-.

6. queenie bee commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 10:24am

I love the aqua green/blue that is running through these pics, I always have. I remember painting one wall this colour as a teenager still at home, and did the same in my first home. Your post has brought back fond memories and made me want to revisit this lovely colour again.
    .-= queenie bee´s last blog ..Freckles =-.

7. Lori commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 10:45am

Love the colors and the studio at the top. Inspiring. :)
    .-= Lori´s last blog ..Easy Cardigan Alteration =-.

8. tricia commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 10:49am

these pics are great! my husband and i just bought an 1874 farm house and these are great inspiration, thank you!

9. sandra commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 10:58am

I’m dreaming of a house in the country, I’m currrently living in the city, and it is hard to find a place with that kind of “space” and “freedom” that thesse pictures show.

10. Mausumi commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 11:36am

I hope your weekend is turning out great!

This weekend we have redecorated our bedroom, and it’s been quite busy!

Tomorrow I’m just going to relax, something I really look forward to! :)

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 12:31pm

These are such lovely and calming images….thank you for sharing them hun. I hope you have a beautiful weekend !
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Closer to home: what is it? =-.

12. frauheuberg commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm

yes, we will miss you…it was one of my best experience in life…have a wonderful weekend and see you monday…thanks for so much…;)…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..…"the forgotten breakfast"… =-.

13. Patti Backer commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 2:20pm

all of these interiors make me think of spring! thank you for that. they all make me want to open my windows. it won’t be long now :)

14. Ruthie Staalsen commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 3:10pm

I am so ready for spring and summer and the cheer it brings. Thanks for posting these pics, they are so refreshing, clean and airy.

15. Maleah commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 4:12pm

Oh I love these! What I would give to have have a front porch like that, it just seems so peaceful and welcoming! *sighs*
    .-= Maleah´s last blog ..Flora and Fauna Set 1 – Fine Art Postcards =-.

16. Ana commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 6:27pm

I hope you have a great weekend too, working on those great treats you told us about. I can’t wait to see them!
    My weekend will be an “in house” one as we have storm alert, so it’s better not to leave the house and taking this chance to keep up with my Reade subscriptions. And also, trying not to think this is the last week of course… I’ll miss it so much!
    Enjoy your weekend! You deserve it!!
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..Blogging Your Way e-course – Week 3 =-.

17. Beth commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 9:49pm

totally love country living…it’s my go to source for all kinds of inspiration! love your picks!
    Beth
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Decorating Ideas for a Living Room =-.

18. MARCE commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 10:33pm

I love these interiors!!
    have a wonderful weekend!
    From Buenos Aires,
    Marcela
    .-= MARCE´s last blog ..Blanquería antigua =-.

19. Ivy commented
    February 27th, 2010 at 11:26pm

Beautiful post. I loved these photos. Makes me smile and look forward to spring. Thanks!!
    .-= Ivy´s last blog ..Meet Corky =-.

20. Kristina | Pretty Shiny Sparkly commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 2:37am

Happy Weekend Holly!
    .-= Kristina | Pretty Shiny Sparkly´s last blog ..Friday Faves: When Pink Throws Up =-.

21. Sandi commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 5:56am

Love the pics. A beautiful spring palette.

22. belinda commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 6:18am

gorgeous images as always!
    I don’t want class to end! I don’t think I’ve ever – ever – said that! it’s been brilliant, Holly, thank you x
    .-= belinda´s last blog ..this weekend I… =-.

23. Sara LeeAnn commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 9:48am

This speaks of serentiy. I love the Easter-hued walls and soft, natural light in these rooms. Thanks for sharing them!
    .-= Sara LeeAnn´s last blog ..The Diagnosis Game, or "I Didn’t Drink The Draino," Part IV. =-.

24. *EMMA* commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 11:18am

Love the photos!
    .-= *EMMA*´s last blog ..Farbenlust gegen Winterfrust =-.

25. Richard Rothstein commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 7:36pm

The settee is perfect in rose, set off by the sophisticated pattern in the wallpaper. Just lovely, tres chic a la francaise.

26. Gosia Maj commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 8:14pm

The spaces are so serene.
    I’ve hears a lot of good things about your BYW workshop. Congratulations.
    Oh yes, one more work week and then two weeks off… for my “all-white” bedroom renovations. Do you have any advice how to prepare and how to pace oneself through a big project? Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Small Seeded Breads =-.

27. Pravina Studio commented
    February 28th, 2010 at 10:30pm

I like the sounds of this cooking at a stone cottage. I only wish it felt even the tiniest bit like spring here in the Midwest. I guess the birds do seem a little extra chirpy lately…

28. emily at thirtyeight20 commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 2:56pm

Hope you had a great weekend! I love Country Living — grew up reading it over my mom’s shoulder (she’s kept all her back issues from the 80s too, which is fun), and love to read it now that I have my own old country house.

I also love the ruffle trend going on right now — in small doses at least.
    .-= emily at thirtyeight20´s last blog ..Now that we’ve all learned patience: PAINT! =-.

29. Sarah commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 5:01pm

Holly – great choice of mag – I reviewed this as an exercise for BYW – its fun and has lots of creative ideas and beautiful pictures!