The Owls Are Hunting

Pinch me. What a way to kick off a new month. I’ve fallen head over heels with these retro-inspired lamps by newly launched shop The Owls Are Hunting this past weekend. Talented founder/owner Jo is from England but now lives in Australia where she takes vintage lamps and gives them a bit of love and then tops the bases with handmade shades. Oh my, this lamp below gives me such goose bumps!

The Owls Are Hunting

I’m crazy about the base and the shade is just perfect (above), don’t you think? I would love to order the exact same one for my office. Well the office I plan to have once I find a new place to live! Ah, so fresh and vibrant. Here are some additional views of the lamps that Jo creates and a few glimpses of her work studio in Canberra. See if this doesn’t brighten your day…

The Owls Are Hunting

The Owls Are Hunting

The Owls Are Hunting

The Owls Are Hunting

If you would like to order a lamp, visit Made It where she has a little shop. You may also see more lamps on her website. Also check out the Made It blog for a terrific in-depth interview that they had with Jo in February. Enjoy!

(images: the owls are hunting)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on March 01, 2010

1. kelly lynette commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:48am

my heart skipped a beat.
    .-= kelly lynette´s last blog ..18 x 18 paper collage floral burst wall art =-.

2. Laura commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:48am

these are just HAPPY with lightbulbs~love ‘em all!
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..I married royalty =-.

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:48am

So adorable and sweet! I can’t wait to check it all out~
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by a photograph =-.

4. Rowaida Flayhan commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:49am

So beautiful and fresh! Love it

5. trish commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:50am

hi holly- well if these lamps don’t say – be happy! sweeter than sweet.
    happy day and happy manifesting, that lamp would be even happier in your home. oxo t
    .-= trish´s last blog ..still life + light woods =-.

6. Thea commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:52am

Love! These are a great find. And the more I see white walls, the more I want them. I’m off to visit Jo’s site now.

7. claire commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:09am

Gasp! These are beautiful!

8. Tobi/Ivey Handcrafted commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:09am

those are ridiculously cute – thanks for finding them!!
    xo

9. Kate Collins commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:21am

I just worked on a lamp shade and a vintage base that I found at our Salvation Army this past weekend. It looks great but not as great as Jo’s. Wow – what an inspiration. I love all the color.

10. Diana L commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:22am

Yes… those are amazing lamps! Love them. The colors, sizes, and fabric selection are perfection!!! Love your blog too! Glad to have found you. My morning has been brightened. Thank you!
    Diana

11. Brigitte commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:25am

These are the most perfect lamps. I’ve never spent $100 on a lamp before…may.break.down.
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..Personal Style: Beyond Definition? =-.

12. Sandy commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:31am

OMG, I am in love, *swoon*! I love the Annabelle Ceiling Lampshade and the yellow/orange designed ones!! I totally want to buy one for my basement!!!! I hope she ships to the U.S.?? THANKS so much for sharing!!

13. Jen commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:45am

Those lamps would brighten just about any room you popped them into! So cute!!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Smaller, Prettier Recipe Binders =-.

14. Lisa commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:49am

I’m so digging the workspace photo in particular. Love how well the colors work together. I wish I could keep my fabric that organized haha!

15. Bonnie commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:50am

Blissful color, oh how I love thee so! :)

Thanks so much for sharing, can’t wait to check these out.

Have a lovely Monday!!
    .-= Bonnie´s last blog ..365 Project =-.

16. Miss B commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:57am

Congrats to Jo! These photo’s are AMAZING, wow! I especially love her cylinder lamps perfect for a pop of color + pattern. Great find as usual Holly and I hope you find your perfect home soon!

17. Gosia Maj commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:02am

What a fantastic web find. The lamps are so cool. I love to be able to peek into Jo’s working area. The fabrics stretched on the needlepoint frames, hanging on the wall, are such an adorable accent.
    .-= Gosia Maj´s last blog ..Picture a Day: Small Seeded Breads =-.

18. Maria commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:08am

Oh my, the lamp at the top is soo gorgeous and sold, of course :)
    Such awesome and creative work! Beautiful lamps!
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..Vintage Rose 5×5 (13×13 cm) Photo Print =-.

19. jacqueline commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:10am

These lamps are sooo sweet and cute! I adore the first one…so inspiring! Off to check out this lovely shop! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!
    .-= jacqueline´s last blog ..Tea brings feeling to life =-.

20. thedoodlegirl commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:11am

Soooo very charming and whimsical! What fun!!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Illustration Friday =-.

21. Jane @ The Borrowed Abode commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:24am

Love at first sight. Enough said. *swoon
    .-= Jane @ The Borrowed Abode´s last blog ..Reader Q: Best Books? =-.

22. At Home with Kim Vallee commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:53am

Jo has a good sense of design. I love how she styled her pictures. Her studio is awesome. It must be inspiring working in that space.
    .-= At Home with Kim Vallee´s last blog ..The 7th edition of Nuit Blanche in Montreal =-.

23. Genevieve Gail commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:56am

So pretty! Especially that first one with the Heather Bailey fabric shade!
    .-= Genevieve Gail´s last blog ..A Little Alice For You… =-.

24. Lizzie commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:59am

Wow those lamps are gorgeous! Thank you for always posting such great finds and designers. I have just started writing a blog as I was so inspired by your and other peoples blogs. I have added your blog to my list of blogs that I read!
    .-= Lizzie´s last blog ..The Shop =-.

25. Megan commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 12:02pm

Oh my gooooooodness!!! I’m supposed to be studying for an exam and I can’t because I’m going lamp crazy…I want one! I have the perfect spot for one of these! This just jump started my day :)

26. Laura Evans commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 12:08pm

those are some gorgeous lamps!
    .-= Laura Evans´s last blog ..taking in what the world has to offer – whimsical fine art photography =-.

27. Jillian commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 12:19pm

The turquoise one with the pink birds on the shade is adorable and my favorite. I wish I could find a good tutorial on how to recover different shapes of lampshades, but so far I haven’t landed on one.

28. stacy di commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 1:16pm

I adore these! love the colors and shapes…I’m off to check out her site now.
    .-= stacy di´s last blog ..sweet note pads. =-.

29. Laura commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 1:29pm

Her selection of fabrics is absolutely gorgeous!
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Batik and me =-.

30. Sarah Sarniak commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 2:02pm

These are so great! So unique and pretty. I absolutely love them.
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Easy and Cheap DIY Sawhorse =-.

31. michelle @ blissful musings commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 2:08pm

Wow, love these lamps. I’ve been looking for the perfect lamp for my nightstand.
    .-= michelle @ blissful musings´s last blog ..Saying No to the Cupcake =-.

32. Kenziepoo commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 5:20pm

I love those lamps!! I need one for my home. Now to choose which one. :)
    .-= Kenziepoo´s last blog ..Sponsor Highlight =-.

33. Liss (daydreamlily) commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 6:47pm

oh Ive seen these before, thanks for reminding me about them. I’ll be adding one to my birthday wish list!
    .-= Liss (daydreamlily)´s last blog ..Lost Things =-.

34. i*adore commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:02pm

So inspirational!! I love the lamps and she makes me want to start on a new project!!
    .-= i*adore´s last blog ..Chaotically Messy. And not in the cute way either. =-.

35. Carol commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:08pm

I LOVED IT!!! It´s so beautiful!
    Carol Carneiro
    .-= Carol´s last blog ..2º Encontro Virtual De Blogueiras =-.

36. Morgan Bradshaw commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 9:34pm

love love love all these lamps they are so faun and make me smile!
    .-= Morgan Bradshaw´s last blog ..Paper Bouquet =-.

37. Shell commented
    March 1st, 2010 at 10:08pm

Wow..Jo’s work space is beautiful.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Birthday Party and The Full Moon =-.

38. Rosalind commented
    March 2nd, 2010 at 4:12am

Yay for showcasing a lovely local designer of ours :-) Jo’s work is lovely – thrilled to see her on your blog!
    .-= Rosalind´s last blog ..Hair Pin Set – Gold Organza with Swarovski Crystal =-.

39. Julie nichols commented
    March 2nd, 2010 at 4:23am

I agree these are gorgeous. We have Jo at Handmade Market and she is a firm favourite for sure.
    Come and drop by some time!

40. Penny Patten commented
    March 3rd, 2010 at 10:00am

The lamp shades are wonderfull! Thank You for sharing them with us.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..From Inspiration Photo’s, I Altered this Skirt =-.

41. Kami commented
    March 25th, 2010 at 10:54pm

I love these! I’m linking to this post tomorrow, and I just wanted to say thanks for all the inspiration and fun finds!