Inspiration

Nicolette Camille Floral Design

March 2, 2010

A lady with the very charming name of Nicolette Owen (sounds like an author) also has a most charming career – she is a floral designer in Brooklyn and a teacher who works with Sarah Ryhanen at Saipua to teach at their little Flower School. Doesn’t the very idea of attending a flower school sound so positive and invigorating?

Nicolette Camille Floral Design

Nicolette Camille Floral Design

If you are interested in their classes, including upcoming topics, you may visit the Flower School blog. Nicolette has a very pretty website, I found her portfolio to be quite casual and her floral designs aren’t at all stuffy– her arrangements are loose, overflowing and very feminine. In case you were looking for a little spring inspiration today, well I think you may have just found it!

(images: nicolette camille and saipua)

14 Comments

• Reply Heather March 2, 2010 at 8:33 am

Oh, I love this kind of flower arranging – she has a real knack for creating bouquets that look like they were grasped by the handfuls on the way back from a wonderfully memorable afternoon spent in the countryside. Bring on Spring!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..and now for some quiet time… =-.

• Reply Piper March 2, 2010 at 8:34 am

That was always one of those dreams of mine…to be able to be a floral designer and get to play with flowers all day! I had so much fun being able to pick out the flowers for my wedding…I’ll have to check out this school – wonder if she does online classes? :)!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{spring is in the air…} =-.

• Reply Iva March 2, 2010 at 8:35 am

I most definitely found my spring inspiration – thanks Holly! :)
    I love how freely the flowers are arranged – almost as if there hasn’t been any arrangement at all but if you look closer you see that everything is in its place. I’m saying this as a compliment because I believe flowers should be natural. I just wrote yesterday on my blog about my frustration with how sellers here emphasize on the wrapping rather than the flowers so this post is a nice surprise.

On a random note, I have recently realized that there are two jobs that are not very well paid but I would love to do – sell and arrange flowers at a very small shop or work in a bookstore:)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..March + DIY =-.

• Reply Raru March 2, 2010 at 8:47 am

So nice. I love the last – orange white bouquet. SO LOVELY.
    Thanks for sharing this beauty with us :)
    Have a great day!
    .-= Raru´s last blog ..Rosie Brown’s beautiful sense ? ???????? ???? ?? ????? ????? =-.

• Reply noemozica March 2, 2010 at 8:54 am

OMG!! they’re more than the most beautiful thing I’ve seen lately!!

• Reply Tina March 2, 2010 at 9:10 am

I really enjoy her work and I always find inspiration from visiting her portfolio!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Blog It Forward – What Inspires Me? =-.

• Reply Samia March 2, 2010 at 9:10 am

What beautiful work, and a wonderful lifestyle being surrounded by flowers all the time! She creates lovely arrangements. I have often thought of opening a flower shop, and after seeing this post I am now on the hunt for a flower school over here! I never thought about it, although I feel like I would love it! Thanks Holly!
    .-= Samia´s last blog ..Happy March + Alice in Wonderland Fever! =-.

• Reply Sarah Sarniak March 2, 2010 at 9:36 am

How pretty, such talent! – Sarah
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Reuse Old Candles to Make New Candles =-.

• Reply Sarah Sarniak March 2, 2010 at 9:36 am

How pretty, such talent! – Sarah
    .-= Sarah Sarniak´s last blog ..Reuse Old Candles to Make New Candles =-.

• Reply Mausumi March 2, 2010 at 9:47 am

What a great inspiration! I work as a florist and I love seeing other people’s creations, so refreshing! And they look awesome too!
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..Photograph the ordinary =-.

• Reply Guy @ Man Make Home March 2, 2010 at 11:51 am

Nicolette is an old friend of mine – and I just want to say that she is not only incredibly talented (as you can see), but is also that rare combination of hard-working and very kind.

AND (from what I’ve heard) there is usually pretty good champagne at Flower School.

I’d recommend it to all of you!

• Reply suzanne March 3, 2010 at 6:29 am

oh…lovely…
    I’m familiar w/ Nicolette’s Flower School ~ very much awesome-ness!
    and pretty-ness… :)

• Reply Denise October 26, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Nicolette did the flowers for my daughter’s wedding this past Saturday (October 23) The look for the wedding was “vintage” and the flowers perfectly complemented the elegant simplicity of the event. The bouquets were full of soft colors with surprising elements of color, texture and scent. Nicolette kindly added an antique hat pin (blue) and a touch of lace from my 1973 wedding dress (OLD!) to my daughter’s bouquet. The table arrangements at the long banquet tables at the Bowery Hotel, were, as she promised, “tablescapes.” Everything very lovely, simple but lush, and organic. We couldn’t have been happier, and I would love to go to her flower school!

• Reply Aaliyah August 22, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for the post, I love all kind of flower arrangement’s,I work as a florist and I love seeing other people’s creations, very nice.