uncategorized

Wood & Wool Stool

March 4, 2010

I’m predicting a new blog trend… Wood & Wool Stool will soon be in the homes of blog readers and authors everywhere! Seriously! ha ha. I think Wood & Wool stool will be the next “Keep Calm & Carry On” poster because over the past several months I’ve noticed Ingrid’s beautiful stools popping up all over blogland and even in the homes of some of our favorites blog authors. Ingrid will custom make a stool for you and she ships worldwide, so I guess the only question is – why not?

Wood & Wool Stool

If you don’t know much about Ingrid and her studio you can travel back in time to this post where I shared a few views of her home last year. I ordered a pair of stools for myself, in the top photo, only with a slight twist.. I decided to “marry” my happy couple so I’ve asked Ingrid to crochet a lilac heart to hang from the white stool. :) I know, I know… cuteness is my weakness. I’ll show them to you once they arrive happy & safe to live with me. :)

Wood & Wool Stool

Yvonne from Yvestown has one too – in white – and I think another in rainbow colors. Yvonne is it true? Do you have a few? The craft queen Dottie Angel even has a stool, shown above (below the pair that I ordered) — her stool is amongst the crafty chairs in her eating nook and she made a fabric topper for it while she washes the original crochet cover In the photos below you can see Ingrid hard at work with the cutest star western boots ever and a glimpse of her desk with a stool on top, obviously a piece she was working on.

So what do you think of these little charmers?

(images: linked above)

29 Comments

• Reply Mausumi March 4, 2010 at 7:08 am

They are so pretty!
    I just bought a stool from House Doctor, so I don’t really have an excuse to buy one, but I might need a bedtable soon! ;)
    .-= Mausumi´s last blog ..The PEN story =-.

• Reply erin March 4, 2010 at 7:32 am

I think they are charming and hope to own one (or two!) someday. I love them!
    .-= erin´s last blog ..Sweetness =-.

• Reply The Muddy Dog March 4, 2010 at 7:55 am

These are so clever – I am not going to be looking at my kitchen stools in the same way now!

• Reply Yvonne March 4, 2010 at 8:49 am

They are so super fun and cool – so is Ingrid ;o)

Yes I have 2, they one with the bowl on it and the white with the rainbow and pink trim is also mine. Ingrid made the pink trim especially for me. They are so photogenic and they go lovely everywhere. I have one in my TV room and one in my study. I also need one for when my bathroom is ready ;o)
    .-= Yvonne´s last blog ..Pom Pom Garland: how to =-.

• Reply decor8 March 4, 2010 at 8:58 am

Yvonne that is great, I thought you had two. :) :)

• Reply stacy di March 4, 2010 at 8:53 am

they are really sweet…I’d love a pair to go with my kitchen table! i also love the knitted coat-hangers on her site too…my grandma used to make some just like them when I was a little girl…
    .-= stacy di´s last blog ..musette. =-.

• Reply Irina March 4, 2010 at 9:03 am

They’re gorgeous! Definitely would add these to the wishlist!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 4, 2010 at 9:24 am

I adore them….and have wanted one for awhile for my kitchen….so very sweet & charming. I love the ones you got hun, adorable!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Mary Swenson Photography =-.

• Reply Samia March 4, 2010 at 9:33 am

I fell in love with these stools the moment I saw them! Now I am trying to resist heading over and ordering some – I’d have to redecorate then! And I just bought all my furniture in August, uh oh. I have a small issue: My style is rapidly evolving – how do I keep my place up to date and still feel like me without starting over? haha I think I didn’t plan my approach very well and after decorating now I’m learning that I love so many different things. It’s so funny how you learn so much about yourself from examining what you are drawn to and exposing yourself to so many different styles.

• Reply Dana Komjaty March 4, 2010 at 10:02 am

Ingrid’s stools are charismatic… They will go a long way into the design world future, i totally agree with you Holly.
    .-= Dana Komjaty´s last blog ..To protect =-.

• Reply Jillian March 4, 2010 at 10:05 am

Love these! I think it’s the combination of materials – delicate crochet with the rustic, industrial wood – that I really gravitate towards. Her flickr stream is one of my favorites.
    .-= Jillian´s last blog ..New Items in the Shop This Week =-.

• Reply juliette March 4, 2010 at 10:11 am

you know, i think they are darling. I would love one for my office under the skylight. however, my husband thinks they look ridiculous. (we won’t talk about his office…ahem) so, I doubt we’ll be investing in one, but I love the look just the same! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Living Colors: Estonian Intricacy =-.

• Reply Kristena Derrick March 4, 2010 at 10:13 am

I’ve been in love with these for a while! I’m so glad her awesome stools are getting more exposure. They’re so adorable!
    .-= Kristena Derrick´s last blog ..Dala Horse Wall Art =-.

• Reply Sílvia Silva March 4, 2010 at 10:15 am

I do love wood & wool stool. I’ve been following Ingrid’s blog and flickr since I first discover her and just felt in love with her pictures and colorful crochet. I am planning to have one of this stools in my home some day. I find Ingrid and her home as much fun as her work and that amazing place where she works and has everything to do with the “feeling” of the wool and the stool…nice!

• Reply Tif March 4, 2010 at 10:36 am

i have quite the soft spot for ingrid and her lovely crocheted goodness :)
    i have two of her stools and must put my hands up and confess to having another winging it’s way to me shortly…
    ingrid kindly made matching soul sister stools for myself and my friend Debbie. we are celebrating 30 years of being soul sisters and despite living in seperate countries for years.
    i couldn’t think of anything more lovely than her in her little nest and me in mine, sitting by our matching wood & wool stools as we crochet :)
    so that’s me!
    my name is Tif and i am addicted to wood & wool stools :)
    .-= Tif´s last blog ..thrifty tuesdays… =-.

• Reply Laurie March 4, 2010 at 12:03 pm

these stools are lovely! Very cute!
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..yum =-.

• Reply sandra March 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Oh they are so cute! Are they made of reclaimed wood? I really like recycled materials, they have much more soul. Either way these also have charm!

• Reply Ingrid March 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I’m almost a little shy…

The great thing about making the stools is that every single stool is unique.
    I’ve photographed the stools from the beginning (for my private archive) and I had absolutely no idea that there would be so many and that they would go around the world.

It’s really cool the stool seems to be a success but the greatest reward is a happy response of the new owner! Nothing can compete with that…

• Reply Fresh Design Blog March 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm

These are just like stools we had when we were young – it’s so funny how all these trends come back again!
    .-= Fresh Design Blog´s last blog ..Luxurious cream leather TV bed =-.

• Reply suzanne March 4, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I dream of these little charmers…and so does my Mother-in-Law…. :)
    You have me thinking of looking into a future gifty for my MIL….

• Reply frauheuberg March 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm

love it…and ingird is a so lovable person…you need one in your life…me, too…definitly this year…;)…thanks for sharing…
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..green dreams in the Spring…the art of Stephanie Levy =-.

• Reply Katie March 4, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I love the star boots!!! Where do you get them? We are wearing cowboy boots at my wedding in a barn and I would love to wear those!!!

• Reply Cookie Cutter March 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm

These are cute! I love that she married crochet and furniture. And also the juxtaposition between the femine delicate crochet and industrial look of the stool.
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..[Fashion Friday #10] – Breath of Fresh Air, Secret Squirrel =-.

• Reply Kristin @ Contented Me March 4, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I was JUST thinking of doing a post on these. You beat me to it! Aren’t they divine… I think I might have to have one.
    .-= Kristin @ Contented Me´s last blog ..10 things: getting to know it’s pretty good =-.

• Reply Etincelle March 5, 2010 at 5:27 am

haha… I noticed that trend as well… and her success is well deserved! I love the idea of having one at home, but what would be more fun is a mini size stool for my daughter’s room :) and why not another one for my new little one later on?
    Although made to order crochet covers would be great (to cover the stools/ chairs I have already)…
    .-= Etincelle´s last blog ..Babushka Comfort Doll – Zaza =-.

• Reply Jen March 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Love the stools. But, could you help me find the way to purchase the wallpaper in the background of the second photo!? I must find it!!!

• Reply jen jafarzadeh March 9, 2010 at 11:44 am

I think you’re right on, Holly. But I don’t think I’ll ever tire of Ingrid’s stools, and I think I may be over Keep Calm Carry On. The last photograph of a stool is actually mine! A dear friend gave me a Wood & Wool stool as a wedding gift (and had our wedding date carved into one of the legs.) It’s such a treasure and I love having it in our home.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..the new word in my life =-.

• Reply lucy March 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm

hi…this is lovely, but can you help me?
    i’m looking for crochet patterns to dress easter eggs, but i don’t find nothing. I would like to create a crochet to clad Easter eggs instead of the usual colored paper…have you any job of this?
    tnk

• Reply Chez Chouke March 7, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I have two of them as well!