Bloggers

Forever Is Today Blog

March 8, 2010

One goal I’ve had is to be more diligent about posting a new blog of the week each and every week — I did really well with this for the first three years but when I relocated last summer I started to get behind and my blog of the week has been more of a blog of the month and this needs to change! I’m resolved to get it back on track weekly and so today begins a new week so let’s focus on a new blog.

Forever Is Today Blog

Forever Is Today Blog

Forever Is Today Blog

Forever Is Today Blog

Forever Is Today (reminds me of a James Bond film!) is authored by 22-year-old Hilda Grahnat who is a graphic designer living in Sweden with a great eye for vintage finds and a gorgeous, inspirational site. Her one room apartment is so inspirational — you can see it here. I like how she photographs arrangements of her vintage finds and that the photos on her blog are ones that she took. Hilda is a very talented girl and I hope that you will take the time this week to visit her and show a little community spirit and spread that bloggy love!

(images: hilda grahnat)

45 Comments

• Reply Erin March 8, 2010 at 10:21 am

SO talented at such a young age. She is a great photographer of both interiors and exteriors-lovely!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..Locket Madness! =-.

• Reply Kate Collins March 8, 2010 at 10:36 am

I love all that you do and I do look forward to your blog of the week. But you must be very busy so I think it’s okay if you don’t have a blog of the week every week.

• Reply Maria Helena March 8, 2010 at 10:40 am

I love Hilda’s blog, you go Hilda ! :)
    I had a ‘collections’ contest in my blog recently , and….Hilda won with the beautifull yellow vintage collection, way too lovely..!
    .-= Maria Helena´s last blog ..Hold your horses – 70 Million =-.

• Reply Iva March 8, 2010 at 10:45 am

Nice find, Holly! By the way, I realized that since you moved to Europe I spend much more time on your blog because you seem to be posting when I get my afternoon break and most of my other favourite blogs post when I’m asleep :))

Some things I loved from the photos above: the super cute pink alarm clock (and the whole vintage collection for that matter); the gorgeous cappuccino (or whatever this is)-filled glass (looks so Russian – my grandma used to have a whole set of these); the framed map and most of all – the frames filled with passport photos of her parents! So creative!
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Inspiration: Susannah Conway =-.

• Reply Brigitte March 8, 2010 at 10:45 am

Uhoh! Looks like another blog to add to my reader. :-)
    .-= Brigitte´s last blog ..A Trick of the Light =-.

• Reply Jessie March 8, 2010 at 10:51 am

I’ve seen Hilda’s photos before, but I guess I didn’t realize she had a blog, too – I’m subscribing now! I adore the way she styles and photographs her fantastic vintage collections. And I would kill for that pink clock.
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..Tea Party Inspiration =-.

• Reply Dori March 8, 2010 at 11:21 am

That’s beautiful! I love that pink alarm clock. I have a thing about clocks.
    .-= Dori´s last blog ..City Fish =-.

• Reply honey living March 8, 2010 at 11:23 am

i love the way her vignettes are organized by color. that’s always a very soothing yet interesting way of decorating, i think.

• Reply Caitlin March 8, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Wow…. these image really stand out to me! I love the old clocks, the simple and beautiful bedroom, and the unique wall of frames. I feel so inspired :)
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..This week I can’t live without: Sorel Boots =-.

• Reply Bobbi March 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm

So inspiring! I see lots of good ideas to try out. I try to make a new vignette at least once a week, just moving my stuff around. Looking at your blog I often remember things that I have hidden away and I’m inspired to use them in new ways. Thanks for the constant eye candy:)
    .-= Bobbi´s last blog ..Dreaming of Zinnias in an Orange Cup =-.

• Reply Minnie March 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I’m totally mesmerized. I can’t wait to go on her site and hopefully not spend an hour or more looking at beautiful photos. These collections are great. I adore vintage items and the way Hilda has arranged them is just beautiful and tantalizing. I just want to sit and admire her styling, knack for picking out great items and, of course, her beautiful photography.

As far as blog of the week, I do look at all your picks, but have to confess to not being crushed if you don’t change them once a week. If I like the blog, it’s a reminder to look at it again. And if it’s not something totally up my alley, then there are plenty of other things to look at. Your weekly picks did inspire me to do my own list on my blog of “Thrifting Find of the Week” and a “We love to read” photo of the week so I know how it can be hard to change these type of fixtures once a week.
    .-= Minnie´s last blog ..The search for a pull down world map =-.

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Minnie — Thank you sooooo much for your helpful feedback. You are sweet!!!

• Reply Carmella March 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for letting us know about such a lovely blog with great photos! I always appreciate that when I take the time to visit another blog!
    .-= Carmella´s last blog ..These Blue-Sky Days =-.

• Reply Kjersti March 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Unlike everything I´ve seen…
    Can´t believe she´s only 22!
    Always fun discovering new beautiful blogs:)
    .-= Kjersti´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Virginie March 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I’m a bit disappointed… No celebration of Women’s day???

• Reply Color Collective March 8, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Oh lovely!! Thanks for sharing this. Awesome.
    .-= Color Collective´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Jolette March 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm

The botanical/plantation print in the top collection is SO beautiful! And I absolutely adore the little clocks and the frame assortment. Hilda’s apartment rocks – who needs a mansion when you can have one room like that?! Holly, you’ve discovered a gem.

• Reply Júlia March 8, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Very very beautiful all images.

=)
    .-= Júlia´s last blog ..Tim-Tim! =-.

• Reply Annette Q March 8, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I havent been to Hildas blog yet, but I love it already! Love how she sorted all her vintage treasures into colours. How clever! Okay… off to her blog now :-)
    .-= Annette Q´s last blog ..A tribute to tea… =-.

• Reply laura trevey March 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Fabulous color themed groupings!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Kissed by the Sun =-.

• Reply kara March 8, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Love those colorscaped collections!

• Reply ashlina March 8, 2010 at 5:15 pm

love this website. thank you for sharing. such an inspiration for my blog!!!

xo
    .-= ashlina´s last blog ..so loving these… =-.

• Reply my spatula March 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm

love her work – thanks so much for introducing us to such talent!

• Reply tinypaperheart March 8, 2010 at 7:09 pm

thanks for the introduction! her place is gorgeous!
    .-= tinypaperheart´s last blog ..i love photo booths. =-.

• Reply rachel! March 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm

it is nice…such adorable sets!
    .-= rachel!´s last blog ..bloglovin =-.

• Reply Cookie Cutter March 8, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I’m always lamenting about the small space I have here. Nice to see how she has so many items housed together and put up but not have the space feel cluttered. Instead it feels warm and lived-in!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..White and Frozen – Yoli Frozen Yogurt =-.

• Reply maria March 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Finally I decid to leave a comment. Just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me everyday. Evrytime I see your blog, I decide to keep creating! :)

• Reply holly March 8, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I love her color vignettes….Like her style and will definitely check it out!
    Nice find.
    .-= holly´s last blog ..Vintage Enamel and Silver Charm for Charm Bracelet Michigan =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 9, 2010 at 12:48 am

Oh, how lovely! And I am deeply in love with her little pink clock! Off to show her some bloggy love and see her sweet place in more detail! Thanks hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Over here! :) =-.

• Reply peggy lasa March 9, 2010 at 1:05 am

what lovely photos. thanks for sharing!
    .-= peggy lasa´s last blog ..An ATC Giveaway for my Followers =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn March 9, 2010 at 1:31 am

I love your ‘Blog of the week’ post! I look forward to meet more amazing bloggers through you :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Lisa Grue: Owls Have More Fun =-.

• Reply Ingrid March 9, 2010 at 3:05 am

Hilda’s got that great scandinavian style i like sooo much!
    Salut,
    Ingrid

• Reply suzi March 9, 2010 at 6:17 am

ive’nt read hilda’s blogs yet but the collectibles are cool specially their appearance, love it.

• Reply The Muddy Dog March 9, 2010 at 8:27 am

How lovely, especially love that pink clock!

• Reply Lizzie March 9, 2010 at 9:00 am

Thanks for sharing such an inspirational blog. She is my age and boy do I wish I could take photos like that!
    .-= Lizzie´s last blog ..Rachel Ashwell =-.

• Reply Alison May March 9, 2010 at 9:25 am

Oooh goodness Holly, this is so up my street! What is is about clock faces that is so enchanting…?

Looking forward to more of your blog finds: you are probably the most scrumptious blog hunter on the net…

Have a gorgeous day.
    .-= Alison May´s last blog ..The Vintage Housekeeper’s Planner Is Here! =-.

• Reply martina March 9, 2010 at 9:42 am

Nice inspiration, clocks can be so decorative!
    .-= martina´s last blog ..Displaying kids art =-.

• Reply Jenny N. March 9, 2010 at 11:36 am

These are gorgeous!
    .-= Jenny N. ´s last blog ..Cream and Sugar, Please. =-.

• Reply Fiona kate March 10, 2010 at 4:32 am

just beautiful

• Reply Irene March 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I simply adore that pink alarm clock. And her site is fantastic.

• Reply Christina Diaz March 11, 2010 at 2:33 am

I love forever is today! I have been visiting her blog regularly for some time now and always find it very inspiring. The sweet treats that she posts always make my mouth water too!
    .-= Christina Diaz´s last blog ..Out and About =-.

• Reply Gunvor Wessling Grahnat March 11, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Just a note from Hilda´s mother: that pink alarm clock that some of you “could kill for” was my choise when I was a teenager in the sixties. I loved it, too.
    Gunvor

• Reply Rachel Elizabeth March 15, 2010 at 10:22 am

Very cool. I love all the vintage stuff.
    .-= Rachel Elizabeth´s last blog .."Good Americans, when they die, go to Paris." -Thomas Gold Appleton =-.

• Reply lovestuffs March 16, 2010 at 8:24 am

really fall in love with your color and stuffs

• Reply Holly September 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm

These are beautiful photos! She is so talented!

I know this was back in march but I’m off to check it out!

Holly